• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking Tickets and the “Consent of the Governed”

Started by FTL_Ian, March 01, 2008, 02:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: grolled on March 01, 2008, 07:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 01, 2008, 06:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on March 01, 2008, 05:33 PM NHFT
Just curious... if you did not consent to their terms, which I am sure you were fully aware of, then why did you park in one of their parking spaces?  There are other, non-metered options available in downtown Keene.

Because the spaces aren't theirs anymore than the bicycle a thief steals from you is "his"!

Whose spaces are they?

Anyone who paid taxes or fees to had their money stolen by the city.

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 01, 2008, 07:18 PM NHFT
What's the objection to the term Citizen? I've always interpreted that to carry more weight over other terms; it implies you have recognized rights whereas inhabitant or resident doesn't really.

If I use the term Citizen, it would be in tandem with the word Sovereign, as in Sovereign Citizen, governed by no one but myself. For a Sovereign Citizen to vote is an oxymoron that I'm still trying to sort out.

A Citizen of New Hampshire is a SUBJECT of the corporation known as the State of New Hampshire, and therefore subject to all its laws and statutes.

An inhabitant is simply one who is domiciled within the geographical boundaries of the Republic of New Hampshire, the land and people we know and love as New Hampshire, not the corporation occupying it. BTW, there are two distinct flags, one representing the State, the other representing the Republic.

A resident is literally Latin for thing identified, a subject or corporation sole, subject to all the laws and statutes at the whim of the municipal corporations at the State, County and Town/City levels.

This subject, the right to travel (as opposed to carrying a driver's license), how to deal with police confrontations, and much more is covered in my Sovereign Solutions show "SORCE Compilation". Go to www.sovereign-solutions.info, click on Free Episodes and scroll.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on March 01, 2008, 07:32 PM NHFT
"What's the objection to the term Citizen? I've always interpreted that to carry more weight over other terms; it implies you have recognized rights whereas inhabitant or resident doesn't really."

If I use the term Citizen, it would be in tandem with the word Sovereign, as in Sovereign Citizen, governed by no one but myself. For a Sovereign Citizen to vote is an oxymoron that I'm still trying to sort out.

Ah, so that makes sense. Citizen does imply a higher standing than resident, it's that one can't be a Citizen and subject to another's rule at the same time.

An inhabitant is simply one who is domiciled within the geographical boundaries of the Republic of New Hampshire, the land and people we know and love as New Hampshire, not the corporation occupying it. BTW, there are two distinct flags, one representing the State, the other representing the Republic.

Yeah, I've seen the older seal with REI-PUB:NEOHANTONI on it.

TackleTheWorld

Bonus points for Ian! 
Starving the beast and putting bureaucrats on the defensive!
MTPorc, David M. and David too.
Here's a smiley of happy tears for the vehicle violation refuseniks 
:')

KBCraig

Something I posted on another thread:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=13112.msg226140#msg226140

"Sovereign," like "love," means anything you want it to mean; it's a word in dictionary between "sober" and "sozzled."
- Manuel Garcia O'Kelly Davis

- via Robert A. Heinlein, in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

I know what you mean by Sovereign, and I agree. But a "Sovereign Citizen" voting isn't the oxymoron, it's the term "Sovereign Citizen" itself. Citizens  are "citizens" of something; citizens vote if their system allows. Sovereignties, being discrete and independent entities, have no need to vote, and a vote would make no difference in their world.

Russell Kanning

Just curious... if you did not consent to their terms, which I am sure you were fully aware of, then why did you park in one of their parking spaces?
their?

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

An NH LEO responds with his prediction:

QuoteHey ian. Just listened to the show about the parking ticket. Wanted to give you some 411.

What a municipality can do to someone if they do not respond to a parking ticket is issue them a 'must appear' summons to district court. Then, if you do not show up in court or show up and are found guilty and refuse to pay the fine, the dmv can suspend your license if you do not show up or the court can order it suspended if you fail to pay. The law that allows this is 263:56.

Now..... Even though you do not have a NH license, you're driving 'privilege' in this state will be suspended. Get caught three times driving after suspension you become a habitual offender. Get caught driving once after that, do up to 7 years in state prison (it is mandatory that you do at least one year).

I agree it is harsh.

David

I actually figured they issued a warrent for not showing up in court. 
But since he refused to pay the fine, they prolly just suspended his licence. 

pinkiemarie

Only somewhat related--my brother was pulled over while his passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt.  My brother, as the driver, was issued a ticket, which he didn't pay.  He isn't given state or federal funds to enfoce the seatbelt law therefore he has no obligation to force his passengers to wear their seatbelts.  Because he chose not to pay the ticket, a bench warrant was issued and he was arrested.

srqrebel

Interesting... "enforce our laws on your loved ones, or bear the consequences".  Big Brother, anyone??!

Was this in New Hampshire?

pinkiemarie

Quote from: srqrebel on March 03, 2008, 01:35 PM NHFT
Interesting... "enforce our laws on your loved ones, or bear the consequences".  Big Brother, anyone??!

Was this in New Hampshire?

Nope, it was in Missoula, MT, which is actually one of the freer states.

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: pinkiemarie on March 03, 2008, 02:27 PM NHFT
Nope, it was in Missoula, MT, which is actually one of the freer states.

Nah... that couldn't be. Not Missoula, Montana, from whence I moved!

Russell Kanning

sometimes those college towns are police states :(

It is hard to imagine someone getting jail time for that. Wow

Lloyd Danforth

Just curious... if you did not consent to their terms, which I am sure you were fully aware of, then why did you park in one of their parking spaces?  There are other, non-metered options available in downtown Keene.

It isn't theirs, but, it isn't his either.  The problem here is that it doesn't belong to anyone.