• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Homeschooling in California to be made illegal?

Started by Pat K, March 01, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Will California Jail Homeschooling Parents?
Posted by Christopher Manion at 01:43 PM
Hey, why not? They're anti-social, aren't they?

The California Court of Appeals thinks parents aren't willing to meet a "primary purpose of the educational system," which is:

"to train school children in good citizenship, patriotism and loyalty to the state and the nation as a means of protecting the public welfare."

Of course, this could have appeared verbatim in the Constitution of the German Democratic Republic. Or, if that doesn't scare anybody, how about Hitler?

Don't mention 1984 or Brave New World, government schools outlawed them long ago. You know how they hate competition.

KBCraig

John David, age 5, just started his first t-ball practice this week. Being home-schooled, he had no idea what "Line up!" meant.

We took that as a compliment.  8)

Kat Kanning

feralfae

Quote from: KBCraig on March 02, 2008, 01:57 AM NHFT
John David, age 5, just started his first t-ball practice this week. Being home-schooled, he had no idea what "Line up!" meant.

We took that as a compliment.  8)

That is just super!  Thank you for a smile for my day!  I am going to share this with friends, it is so good.

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on March 02, 2008, 01:57 AM NHFT
John David, age 5, just started his first t-ball practice this week. Being home-schooled, he had no idea what "Line up!merge into the collective" meant.

FTFY

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 02, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on March 02, 2008, 10:07 AM NHFT
FTFY

Had to look that one up in the Urban Dictionary  :o

I wondered what it meant for a little while too but then I figured it out from context after seeing it a few times.

Puke

That's pretty fucked up right there.
Expect the idea to spread to other communist enclaves states.

Kat Kanning

BTW, California has always threatened homeschoolers with jail.  Each year when I'd send them in paperwork, they send back threatening letters saying how homeschooling was illegal.  Sounds like they're getting more serious about it, though.

yonder

Anyone who stayed after the second amendment was completely and utterly sodomized ignored all of the warning signs of the police state to come.

ancapagency

So has anyone found a membership list of any CA Homeschooling groups and used it to send out a targeted recruiting message for the FSP?

Kat Kanning

Russell and a bunch of people from SoCal FSP group attended a CA homeschooling conference and handed out literature.

John Edward Mercier

Is California claiming that home schoolers are not teaching their children civics? Or just not the preferred version?

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on March 08, 2008, 08:23 AM NHFT
Is California claiming that home schoolers are not teaching their children civics? Or just not the preferred version?

"The California Court of Appeals thinks parents aren't willing to meet a "primary purpose of the educational system," which is:

"to train school children in good citizenship, patriotism and loyalty to the state and the nation as a means of protecting the public welfare.""

Apparently, the home schoolers aren't training them enough on these important subjects. So that the children become loyal subjects of the government.