• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest: Spring 2008 - 4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Sq.

Started by FTL_Ian, March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Free Minds TV and FreeKeene.com present the Spring 2008 edition of Keene Freedom Fest!  Join us for an afternoon of pro-Liberty outreach, socializing, and gambling!

4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Square in Keene (the small park adjacent to 82 Main St.)

Food and drinks will be available via nearby vendors like Armadillo's Burritos, King's Garden Chinese, and Amicci's Pizza.

The following organizations/people are confirmed to be attending the event:

• Free Minds TV
  • FreeKeene.com's Bloggers
  • Keene Eye on the News' Mark Edgington
  • NH Free Press
  • NH Liberty Alliance
  • NH Common Sense
  • Alternatives Expo

The following liberty oriented groups are being approached to be included in the event:
Liberty Scholarship Fund, Marijuana Policy Project, Fully Informed Jury Association

These groups are unavailable this time:  Students for Sensible Drug Policy, Law Enforcement against Prohibition, Keene Citizens Government Review

Can you think of any other organizations that should be invited?

Unlike last year, this time the event will not be requesting permission from the government people.  From what I understand, as long as we are not obstructing people's ability to move through the park, no one should be arrested.  Those who are gambling will obviously be at risk, however.

FYI:  We do have four feet of table space available for those who do not have their own table space. 
(NHLA, NHCS, AltEx)

FTL_Ian

I'm thinking that instead of doing Operation Politically Homeless this time I'm going to try striking the root by using Marc Stevens' "World's Shortest Political Quiz":

"Should a service or product be provided at the threat of violence?"

I am thinking about having a white board with hashmarks to tally how many people answered what way.

I will also have hundreds of these on hand to give away:
http://www.theadvocates.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LS&Product_Code=DL&Category_Code=BOO

FTL_Ian

If Free Minds TV begins promoting this event immediately, that should help get people to turn out.  Once all of the attending organizations are ironed out, I will send a news release out to my Keene media list.  I can always call "Talkback" the morning of and get a free plug.  Gardner Goldsmith has offered to interview me.

How else can we promote?  On Keene State College campus?  Is school in session that week?

David

What can we do to actually draw people?  Something fun to tweak peoples interest. 

Coconut

Is there a side thread having to do with the gambling game? Who is organizing that? What game is being played? Do you have or need poker chips, or do you want it to look more "underground" like by having federal money being thrown out onto the table?

David

Gambling in general is being discussed in the civil dis. section. 

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: David on March 03, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
What can we do to actually draw people?  Something fun to tweak peoples interest. 

Strippers

Coconut

Quote from: David on March 03, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT
Gambling in general is being discussed in the civil dis. section. 

I will go there to talk about it. Seems like they are not discussing specifics. Either they don't think they need to yet, or don't think they need to at all.

FTL_Ian

I know you had offered to deal cards.  Perhaps you should consult with Facilitator to the Icon, as he may be bringing a dice game.

David

Specifics are hard to come by when asking someone to do something that may get them arrested.   :-\
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 03, 2008, 04:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on March 03, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT

Strippers
Nah, I was thinking maybe games, food, stuff of that nature.  Possibly a fund raiser for the Liberty Scholarship Fund. 

FTL_Ian

I am inviting the Liberty Scholarship Fund, so perhaps you should run a 50/50 raffle, David.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: David on March 03, 2008, 04:39 PM NHFT
Nah, I was thinking maybe games, food, stuff of that nature.  Possibly a fund raiser for the Liberty Scholarship Fund. 

Well, we know there will be games (gambling).  If someone wants to sell food, that would be fine, however they will be in competition with the nearby food outlets that I mentioned.

TobyFMTV

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 03, 2008, 04:00 PM NHFT
If Free Minds TV begins promoting this event immediately, that should help get people to turn out.  Once all of the attending organizations are ironed out, I will send a news release out to my Keene media list.  I can always call "Talkback" the morning of and get a free plug.

How else can we promote?  On Keene State College campus?  Is school in session that week?

As far as I know, Keene State College is in session that week. It wouldn't hurt to make flyers for billboards not only at KSC, but also around town.

If anyone has a good idea for a promo to be run on Cheshire TV that couldn't hurt either.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TobyFMTV on March 03, 2008, 05:53 PM NHFT
As far as I know, Keene State College is in session that week. It wouldn't hurt to make flyers for billboards not only at KSC, but also around town.

If anyone has a good idea for a promo to be run on Cheshire TV that couldn't hurt either.

Since you are looking for something to be delegated to you, would you like to take charge of the fliers and then perhaps ask Sean to cobble together a quick 15 second promo from last year's footage?

Puke has design experience.  Perhaps he would be willing to build the flyer and we could go around and put them up.  It would be useful to create a database of possible flyer locations, for future use as well.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 03, 2008, 04:48 PM NHFT
I am inviting the Liberty Scholarship Fund, so perhaps you should run a 50/50 raffle, David.

I've got a roll of tickets