• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest: Spring 2008 - 4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Sq.

Started by FTL_Ian, March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 03, 2008, 03:55 PM NHFT
I'm thinking that instead of doing Operation Politically Homeless this time I'm going to try striking the root by using Marc Stevens' "World's Shortest Political Quiz":

"Should a service or product be provided at the barrel of a gun?"

I am thinking about having a white board with hashmarks to tally how many people answered what way.

Or, perhaps I should keep the results private, so as not to influence answers.

QuoteI will also have hundreds of these on hand to give away:
http://www.theadvocates.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LS&Product_Code=DL&Category_Code=BOO

Should there be a special handout for people that say no? 

Perhaps we should try to get their name and information and then take their picture?   :icon_pirat:
(Only half joking.)

d_goddard

Helium balloons attract people. Especially people with kids -- the have to stick around long enough to get a balloon for their kid. Maybe you get a balloon when you complete the WSPQ?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: zaphar on March 20, 2008, 12:22 AM NHFT
Since you are looking for something to be delegated to you, would you like to take charge of the fliers and then perhaps ask Sean to cobble together a quick 15 second promo from last year's footage?

Puke has design experience.  Perhaps he would be willing to build the flyer and we could go around and put them up.  It would be useful to create a database of possible flyer locations, for future use as well.

Would affixing them to parking meters work? I could go scout out some areas this weekend.

P.S. the front of city hall? >:D
[/quote]

That could be construed as littering. 

jaqeboy

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Can you think of any other organizations that should be invited?

Alternatives Expo - send jack@AltExpo.org any info you have. I'm sure we could get a couple of our minions to table there (we've got to work on our graphics and a flyer, but it's a month away)

dalebert

FTL_Ian

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 20, 2008, 02:18 AM NHFT
Alternatives Expo - send jack@AltExpo.org any info you have. I'm sure we could get a couple of our minions to table there (we've got to work on our graphics and a flyer, but it's a month away)

All the info is in the top post.  If you'll have people there, I can provide you with 4 feet of table space.  Let me know.

jaqeboy

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 20, 2008, 09:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on March 20, 2008, 02:18 AM NHFT

All the info is in the top post.  If you'll have people there, I can provide you with 4 feet of table space.  Let me know.

K, count us in - we'll be there! The AltExpo.org site has obsolete info on it now, but will be undergoing progressive updating as time goes on. We'll create a calendar of our events and add the Keene Freedom Fest to it.

FTL_Ian

Puke

Do we need flyers? If ya'll want me to work something up let me know.

FTL_Ian

That would be great.  I heard that Coconut is going to school at Keene State College, so perhaps he can help distribute them there.  Additionally, I believe Toby is in charge of flyering.

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 20, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT
That would be great.  I heard that Coconut is going to school at Keene State College, so perhaps he can help distribute them there.  Additionally, I believe Toby is in charge of flyering.

Can I get specific info that should be on the flyer?

I suppose that it will be printed in B&W. If that's the case I'll hold back the color.

FTL_Ian

I don't think we can afford color.

Check the top post and go with what you think is appropriate...

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 20, 2008, 08:02 PM NHFT

Okey dokey.

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 20, 2008, 08:02 PM NHFT

Ian, you do realize who you just asked to "go with what he thinks is appropriate"?!?!?

Puke

Quote from: d_goddard on March 20, 2008, 08:49 PM NHFT

Ian, you do realize who you just asked to "go with what he thinks is appropriate"?!?!?

Pfft.  ::) I wasn't going to make it that big on the flyer! Just the lower half.