• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest: Spring 2008 - 4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Sq.

Started by FTL_Ian, March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Is this the second or the third KFF? I think it's the second, right?

FTL_Ian

Puke

First draft. Critiques please.

I plan to copy the top half onto the bottom to maximize print space.

FTL_Ian

Looks good! 

Critiques:
Downtown is one word.
Incorrect date.  It is 4/19.
Remove "civil disobedience".  It should just be "and gambling!"

Puke

FTL_Ian

Perhaps add Saturday to the date, so people don't have to check their calendars.

Also, we plan to do three of these per year so I don't know if "second annual" is correct in that case.

jaqeboy

Maybe add each exhibiting group's URL somewhere close to their name (under in small font would work). That way people could still access some resources, even if they don't go.

AltExpo.org for the Alternatives Exposition (or Expo)

Puke

OK, added 'Saturday' and changed the annual thing to 'Spring 2008'.

I don't want to put URL's on there. That would be a cluster-fuck of information. It's best to keep it simple.

I've seen some flyers and ad's that are just crammed with text. A person is going to make a decision to look at the flyer in the first couple seconds. It has to be readable at a glance as they walk by. Too much text and the info gets lost in the forest of letters.

Tom Sawyer

I like it.  :)

I like that it is half a page. The full page size ends up getting tossed on the ground, often. Something that fits in your pocket is idea.

If you were interested in printing both sides the backside could have the text that you don't want to "busy up" the front with.

We did palm cards once that had info on what to do in a pullover/protect your rights on the reverse and our message on the front. Made it small enough to fit in a pocket and folks would keep it for a reference.

Anyway, nice job Sir Puke.  8)

Elizabeth just noticed that attendees is misspelled.  :)

FTL_Ian

Toby, if you want to get those printed up at Staples, FreeKeene will cover the cost.

Puke

Alright, I think all the spelling errors are fixed.

I have a PDF for whoever is printing it out.
I tried a test print on my printer, but it's a piece of junk. Hopefully the print shops have better printers.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 23, 2008, 09:08 AM NHFT

That should probably be exhibitors instead of attendees.

srqrebel

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 23, 2008, 11:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 23, 2008, 09:08 AM NHFT

That should probably be exhibitors instead of attendees.

I agree

---

That is a very nice flyer, Puke! It is eyecatching, uncluttered, and professional... very well done :)

Puke

OK, I changed it to 'exhibitors' and I spell checked it.
If you have any other good ideas give them to me now or forever STFU.  :P

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Puke on March 24, 2008, 02:59 PM NHFT
If you have any other good ideas give them to me now or forever STFU.  :P

I think we should build a libertarian colony on the moon and live there in peace and bliss.