• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest: Spring 2008 - 4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Sq.

Started by FTL_Ian, March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 02, 2008, 05:15 PM NHFT
While I certainly wouldn't prevent anyone from broadcasting live, I will once again reiterate that I believe that an event where people will primarily be standing around talking with one another will not make for very interesting live broadcast content.

People watch some pretty boring things online since Justin.tv came out.

Anyway, I was talking to a few guys I may or may not play poker with each week, and at least one of them says he plans to be there to play for pennies. It's getting down to the time when we should be making sure we have tables and chairs, and decide exactly what is going on. As I have said before, I will come prepared with everything necessary to play a poker game, besides a table unless I need to find one, and all anyone else has to do is come with 2 quarters to buy a roll of pennies.

FTL_Ian

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 02, 2008, 08:03 PM NHFT
Can we borrow chairs from the Masonic Hall?

The same building Cheshire TV is in? The new Masonic Hall is a different building on upper Washington Street I think. But CTV sure has a lot of spare chairs in racks there. I don't know the process of borrowing some. Should I ask Lee, if he is around when I stop by the studio tomorrow?

FTL_Ian

Yeah, CTV.  Please take the initiative and let me know!

Puke

FTL_Ian

Puke, is your truck available between 11a and 12p on 4/19?

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 02, 2008, 11:12 PM NHFT
Yeah, CTV.  Please take the initiative and let me know!

I spoke with L. Perkins today. He is not authorized to lend those chairs; they belong to the library. A woman at the library named Nancy is in charge of them, but he guessed that there's no reason she would let them be taken out. I don't think we want to go the renting route, since there should be other solutions.

I will keep thinking on it, unless someone else can commit to bringing seating.

Puke

Tom Sawyer

I wonder if The Governor "Big Air" champion dummy created by the underground Kinetic Sculpture Team could make an appearance?

Folks get there picture taken with the governor...  ;D

have some signs... what kind of fun captions could we have? >:D

Puke

Jim Johnson

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Kat mentioned that she would be bringing four folding chairs and I will also be bringing four folding chairs.

I now also have a 10' x 10' canopy.

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Hmm... problem, or opportunity?

http://www.antiochne.edu/news/earthweek08/

Should I contact the organizer and work out some peaceful co-existence?  Should we move the day?  The location?  Just show up anyway?