• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest: Spring 2008 - 4/19, Noon-3p, Railroad Sq.

Started by FTL_Ian, March 03, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

You don't need much sun to get it and Vitamin D can be obtained from other sources. Even if you never get cancer, the sun damages and ages your skin. Most people don't realize their skin has taken damage unless they get a painful sunburn, but any amount of tan is the result of some degree of sun damage. Of course, a lot of sun at once resulting in a burn, increases the risk of cancer. That's particularly true if it happens in youth when your skin is still growing. That's one of the highest risk factors for skin cancer- repeated sunburn in your youth. Some people have more melanin in their skin naturally and the damage is slower, but it's true to a varying extent for everyone. Fair-skinned people are particularly vulnerable to it. People always comment about how I look young for my age. I avoid sun exposure and when I absolutely must be in it, I take a shower in sunscreen.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on April 20, 2008, 02:59 PM NHFT
Someone got a really good photo of the gaming table with the cop car parked directly behind it. Anyone have that one here?

Does this photo exist?  Can I use it for the paper?

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 21, 2008, 09:38 AM NHFT
Someone got a really good photo of the gaming table with the cop car parked directly behind it. Anyone have that one here?

You may want to contact FMTV Toby or Nick. If it was actually a video, we can probably extract a reasonable quality still. I hope this picture exists.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 21, 2008, 09:38 AM NHFT

I didn't take the photo—I noticed the opportunity and pointed it out to someone else who took it. There were about ten people with cameras, and I can't remember who it was. :(

srqrebel

Quote from: David on April 20, 2008, 07:51 PM NHFT
When the two cops arrested the one guy, I have never seen so many cameras at one time.   ;D 

That is exactly what the officer said afterwards... he joked that it made him feel like a celebrity ;D

David

Quote from: John on April 20, 2008, 08:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on April 19, 2008, 08:32 PM NHFTI would have loved to keep playing but people were getting sunburned  . . .

;D Well, I can see that many of us are quite adapting quickly to the New England weather.  ;D
It seems the tradition (and I have spent my life here in New England) is to always complain/bitch about the weather.
Isn't it just a few weeks ago people were wishing for THIS weather?   :_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku:
I'm  :o shocked  :o / saddened that so many folks moving here adapt so quickly to the "bitching."

Who'd've thunk of the umbrella?  ::)  Some old dude?
"I might be crazy, but I ain't no fool!"

;D ;D ;D
Funny John, some in the fsp say it is too cold in NH. 

I need to point out a gratitude I believe to Coconut.  It seems you organized the gaming even though I think it was Ians' idea.  You got some people involved that I had not seen before.  Good networking.  Congratulations. 
A while back Zaphar asked if it was okay for natives to NH to NHfree.  I was surprized by the question at first, then got to thinkin' that maybe we/I have not done a good job getting the natives involved.  But your networking is exactly the reason we need as many involved as possible.  This cannot be just a movement by a bunch of former outsiders.   :) 

FTL_Ian

Coconut, Toby, Brenna, Nick, and Tim are all natives, and doing more activism than most Free Staters.

They are awesome!

Nat F

While I realize the penny ante poker violates the law it would have been a better example to have larger denominations bet.  The NH charity gambling laws place a $2 limit on any single bet so the police would be a lot less likely to turn a blind eye to a gambling event that exceeds that limit.  The current businesses that operate the poker and gambling franchises in this state would also be a lot more likely to pressure the police into action since the demonstration would offer better "action" to participants.

Still, job well done, especially to those people willing to put their buts in the seats with the police standing there.

-Nat

Kat Kanning

They were betting some dollar coins too, it looked like.

Coconut

Quote from: David on April 21, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT
I need to point out a gratitude I believe to Coconut.  It seems you organized the gaming even though I think it was Ians' idea.  You got some people involved that I had not seen before.  Good networking.  Congratulations. 

I appreciate the credit. I think it was Puke's idea to begin with, but I sorta took it upon myself to organize gameplay since I have experience in it. I certainly couldn't have done anything without everyone else who was willing to play though. Menno, Puke, a traveler named Mike, and the two guys I invited, Benn and Duard. Tim was willing but we sorta lost players by that point.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 21, 2008, 03:20 PM NHFT
They were betting some dollar coins too, it looked like.

That was just a buyin. People would exchange their dollars for pennies. We can talk about in the future using nickels instead, though the higher we go, the more I feel we need to have committed to doing it.

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

other people were gambling
... by eating burritos
... we also were gambling with our lives .... there were cops present ... the only murder in our area last year was by a cop
... and dangerous rays from outerspace

I was playing it safe. I was out in the sun only half the time. I ate a great salad and I stayed away from the cops. :)

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 21, 2008, 05:40 PM NHFT
other people were gambling
... by eating burritos
... we also were gambling with our lives .... there were cops present ... the only murder in our area last year was by a cop
... and dangerous rays from outerspace

I was playing it safe. I was out in the sun only half the time. I ate a great salad and I stayed away from the cops. :)

Yeah, speaking of that, both your salads and Ian's Chinese food looked more appetizing than the burrito I got at Armadillo's. It wasn't horrible, but it was kind of dry and boring and that place has been really slow both times I've gone there. Next time I'll know better. I'm giving Armadillo's a thumbs down. My fault too because I pressed for Mexican food and the other other Mexican place was the one that pushed for the smoking ban so we couldn't eat there.

FTL_Ian

Next time go with Kings Garden Chinese or Amicci's Pizza