• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Vaccines/Mercury/ Autism

Started by kola, March 03, 2008, 11:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

Lactavist,

I think you may be doing yourself a disservice by accepting the survey(you posted) as valid proof that c-sections cause autism. You have not even read the entire study and it appears you have no interest in reviewing it.

I see this happen quite often. People tell me they have "done their research" yet when I ask them what they read they give me a snip or paragraph from the so-called "research" article. Over the 12+ years I have spent looking (indepth) at the medical literature, I can honestly tell you it is bombarded with conflicts of interest, shotty science and disinformation to re-direct the issues at hand. The drug companies do their own research. What does that tell you? The drug companies own the political figureheads. What does that tell you? Should one be skeptical of their work, action and motives. Without a doubt.

Before putting all your eggs in one basket why not did a little deeper? Don't the kids of the world deserve better? I think most of us know the governemnt doesn't give a shit about our childrens health (or safety) so who is going to do the real work?

Don't you want to find the truth? Don't you want to see the entire study in its entirety? I know it is a lot of work to locate it and then read it and then digest it and come to a conclusion. Or are you satisfied with your decision (based on one or two paragraphs) and are you satisfied even though you could be omitting the fact that the subjects in the study were possibly all vaccinated?

Kola

Lactivist

Kola,

I think you're not realizing where I'm coming from.  I do NOT think c-sections CAUSE autism.  I think there are a multitude of "predisposers" that are contributing to the increase in autism that we are seeing.  I don't accept anything on face value.  I am simply putting together statistics and "links" that others have available.  I agree pharm co. do biased studies.  I agree we should delve deeper for the children. Not vaccinating can be devastating in the long run.  I don't believe in just vaccinating with every vaccine available as the government suggests, but I would warn that not vaccinating at all could have devastating results in the future.  As with almost everything in life, I believe the best path is probably a balance.  Finding that balance is what all of us need to do.

I think that mercury was definitely a player.  I think that giving children multiple shots at the same time is also a player.  I think the age of the parents may contribute.  I also am finding that the ridiculously high c-section rates that are usually "forced" on women, especially in hospitals, are unnecessary and are exposing the babies to MANY drugs within a short period of time.  This to me is a WARNING SIGN!  Where is the research on the effects of all those drugs, combined, on an infant in utero?  I am simply stating that in the spirit of biogeography and other such sciences, looking at different sets of data may bring out a corollation (as I believe increased rates of c-sections and "autism" diagnosis might).

kola

QuoteI am simply putting together statistics and "links" that others have available.

Yet you are not taking the time to see if they are valid. Anyone can google away and post links and paste up studies. It is very important that they are read. If you already know that many studies can be skewed and conflicts of interests run rampant then why do you so accept them blindly as the truth?
I find that puzzling.

ie
Hypothetically: I am going to do a study on people who get lung cancer that were delivered by c-section and see if there is a correlation or not. The test group of people will consist of 400 people all who are smokers.
Do you see how this is just plain poor science? It is no different than the study that you are banking on (as your "proof") which has possibly pooled the entire study group as vaccinated children. Valid research has already been established that ethylmercury(aka thimerosal) in vaccines (not methylmercury) cause autism. Why do a study that involves vaccinated autisic children and see if there is a connection between autism and c-sections? Can't you see? The test group is skewed.

Again, I still have been unable to find the study in its entirety. therefore I am only assuming. But I again want to stress that you are basing your opinions and ideas on a few paragraphs without having any interest in finding and/or reading the full study in context.

Kola

kola

Quotebut I would warn that not vaccinating at all could have devastating results in the future.

I can provide a dozen or more articles that prove the outbreaks occur amongst the vaccinated children. Therefore I question the efficacy of the vaccines to eliminate the diseases as they are "supposedly" made to do.

I have heard your claim over and over in regards to what can happen if we stop vaccinating. But I have yet to see anything that proves unvaxed kids are a threat to others or to themselves. You have been boon-snaggled into believing vaccines have eradicated disease and that they have some type of benefit.

Tell me why researchers have never done a study that compares vaxed and non vaxed children?  They seem to do a great job of tracking everything else so how hard would it be to monitor the two different groups?  I can only tell (you from my opinion) and in my practice that I see healthier children who are unvaxed. Many other people and parents will agree with me. And back to the topic of Autism, IN 70 YEARS OF MERCURY IN VACCINES, NOT ONE UNVAXED KID HAS EVER ACQUIRED AUTISM.

They could be other factors that cause autism. I agree genetics and gender come into play (as with all diseases)because boys are effected in a 4:1 ratio and the incidence in twins is more prevalent but THE major cause of autism is the mercury. Some of us have different metabolisms that can break down heavy metals amd some of us don't.
Stress the immune sytem and a cold will kill us. So yes stress plays a role but how big? who knows? But why do we continue to subject children to mercury when we know its a "trigger?" And a very heavy trigger at that.   

Do you know that the numbers of autisic kids has dropped since mercury (thimerosal) is being phased out? BTW it is still in flushots (above the EPAand FDA safe limit ratings) and is still encouraged that pregnant moms and kids get them and there are still vaccines that have "trace" amounts of mercury. So vaccines are not entirely "mercury free".

Lactavist, I think you have made steps in the right direction by attempting to educate yourself regarding vaccines but I urge you to take the time to read and understand the studies/research that surround it. Do not go half way. If you already accept the fact that many of the studies are biased and skewed then that should give you the motivation to investigate it further and not just accept an article because of its title or conclusion or a few paragrah snippets.

I got involved with vaccines when I was in college. I was pro vax and thought (like most) that vaccines eliminated disease, they were safe and that they were highly effective. We had a class (speech class) that was centered around debates. Due to my beliefs(at the time) I chose to debate PRO vaccines and my opponent was to debate AGAINST vaccines. To say the least, it was an eye opener for me. After the debate I continued to research both sides and I was (wrongly) trying to support my stance long after the debate was over. The more I looked and the more I found would eventually bring me to the position that vaccines were never effective, did not eradicate disease and are far from safe. From then I found about skewed and fudged science,the overabundance of conflicting interests, pharma ties with AMA, the CDC and FDA etc. It blew me away and I didn't want to believe it because it angered me that I had been fooled all these years and that (in a sense) felt violated as I subjected myself, my loved and my animals to undergo these barbaric rituals called vaccines.

Google "package insert vaccines" and read what is in vaccines. Then look up those ingredients and find out their toxicity levels. Than ask yourself how injecting toxic chemicals into the blood boosts an immune system. In reality it LOWERS an immune system and in a child, thier immunse sytem is not even fully developed until 18 months to 2 years of age.

Would you inject .5mL of antifreeze into your kids bloodstream? How about injecting .5mL of  pus from a diseased monkey kidney into thier bloodstream? How about injecting egg protein into a childs bloodstream BEFORE testing to see if that child is allergic to eggs? How about injecting antibiotics into a childs bloodstream before testing to see if he/she has allergies to strepomycin? Yes all the above are in vaccines (and more) BESIDES the mention of Thimerosal.

If you are concerned about other contributing factors that cause problems you first need to focus in on whats specifically is in those vaccines. It is quite the toxic cocktail from hell. Yet you would rather be mislead by pseudoscience disinformation that takes you down some rabbit hole and keeps you far way from the true culpit, vaccines. Why not start investigating at what you are trying to investigate? Vaccines. Why are you looking elsewhere when you have not looked at vaccines in their entirety? 
If one wants to study the intricacies of baseball they do not look into football and hockey. But that is what you do when you look at a study that has a possible skewed test group and is set up to take you in another direction.

If you claim that your study has a causative relationship/and or predisposes kids to autism (because of c-section procedures) then I request you produce the study in its completeness, let me read it and then we can discuss it. Until then, you are only expressing your opinion which I do respect but I feel we need more than just opinions when discussing the topic. In the meantime I will attempt to locate the study in question.

Fair enough? :)

Kola

John Edward Mercier

kola

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on March 07, 2008, 07:00 PM NHFT
You can just go to www.fightingautism.org for data.

Thanks. There are numerous websites regarding autism. Both sides (presenting the pros and cons of mercury and its correlation to autism) are sometimes heavily biased. No matter what side, they all need to be subjected equally to the the same scutinization.

From the link you posted the site is entitled Fighting Autism, Research-Education-Treatment. I saw no real "Research" other than a few graphs, I saw no articles about "Education" and I saw no "Treatment" and I saw nothing about "Fighting Autism". Did I miss something? Also, is there anything from that particular site you want to discuss in detail, John?

You may want to google a bit more and find some better informative sites regarding Autism and mercury.

Kola

Lactivist

Quote from: kola on March 07, 2008, 05:09 PM NHFT
Yet you are not taking the time to see if they are valid.

Again, I still have been unable to find the study in its entirety. therefore I am only assuming. But I again want to stress that you are basing your opinions and ideas on a few paragraphs without having any interest in finding and/or reading the full study in context.

First of all, I hope you are not assuming I have not read the article in its entirety just because you haven't (talk about faulty logic).  I have, through JSTOR (as my graduate school alma mater still grants me access).  Secondly, from how you are broaching this subject anything that does not fit your beliefs seems to be "pseudoscience".  I don't feel that I "have been boon-snaggled into believing vaccines have eradicated disease and that they have some type of benefit."  Small pox?

Quote from: kola on March 07, 2008, 06:16 PM NHFT
Tell me why researchers have never done a study that compares vaxed and non vaxed children? 
What do you want them to compare?  I really want to see the study that proves "IN 70 YEARS OF MERCURY IN VACCINES, NOT ONE UNVAXED KID HAS EVER ACQUIRED AUTISM."

I am still on the fence about this issue.  I feel that there are risks and benefits and every parent has to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks.  BTW, you are making some very wild claims.  (i.e. nonvaccinated children are healthier...I was vaccinated and never had a major illness, including chicken pox - even when exposed.  I had one ear infection in my life.  I consider that pretty healthy compared to many kids I know.)  There is no proof of that.  However, many nonvaccinated kids are breastfed and there is proof that breastfed kids are healthier! :)

I will keep looking into this.  Feel free to send links to the research that "opened" your eyes. 

Quote from: kola on March 07, 2008, 06:16 PM NHFT
Would you inject .5mL of antifreeze into your kids bloodstream? How about injecting .5mL of  pus from a diseased monkey kidney into thier bloodstream? How about injecting egg protein into a childs bloodstream BEFORE testing to see if that child is allergic to eggs? How about injecting antibiotics into a childs bloodstream before testing to see if he/she has allergies to strepomycin? Yes all the above are in vaccines (and more) BESIDES the mention of Thimerosal.
Actually, some of these I would...but it is beyond the point.  Some of these of course not.  However, we all know that it comes down to biochemistry and what our bodies can and can not tolerate.  Interestingly, I think that the govt reccommendation of one schedule for all children is ludicrous.  So even if vaccinating, no parent should subject their children to the govt's "recommended vaccination schedule".

I think you have extreme tunnel vision in some respects.  If we know vaccines are the "trigger" (which you admit previously), and you know that there are other causal factors (which you also admit previously), why not educate myself on those?  It is determining the risk vs benefit for my child.  If my child is predisposed to autism because of many causal factors, then wouldn't that be a MAJOR consideration of whether or not I have them vaccinated?  I am not blinded or following a white rabbit, I am simply looking at what gives my child the best chance for a long and healthy life.  MANY factors play into this.  I realize you believe that the "trigger" is too dangerous.  I hear that.  I am saying the trigger is much less dangerous without the causal factors that you want to ignore.  I feel everyone should be educated about BOTH.  Knowledge is power.

So, I'll anxiously await any research you have that will open my eyes.  I'll stop "debating" you, as I'd rather just take the time to be educating myself more!

kola

If you have access, I would appreciate you posting the study for me. Since you have seen it in its entirety, can you at least tell me if the entire study group was vaccinated?

Over the years I have learned it is easier for people to keep their emotions at bay when trying to discuss the vaccine issue.

I will address all your other questions and concerns after I review the study.

I think it is easier to stay focused on one particular topic and avoid jumping around into other issues.
Don't you? My apologies for drifting. Lets stay focused on the thread title which is vaccines and the possible mercury connection with autism.

Kola :) 

kola

QuoteSo, I'll anxiously await any research you have that will open my eyes.  I'll stop "debating" you, as I'd rather just take the time to be educating myself more!

Ok, if you choose to switch gears, thats your choice. The internet is loaded with vaccine information.

What research would you like that would "open your eyes?" Why not focus on the pice of literature you aleready posted?

Anyway, eyes can be opened and yet some still cannot see. Ya know?

Kola

Lactivist

I'm having trouble copying it :P...it seems JSTOR doesn't want you to do anything but read it.  It does not include vaccine information.  So I'm sure it is not what you are looking for.  I would really appreciate you sharing the study that shows that in over 70 years there have been no cases of unvaccinated people with autism.  That would open my eyes to this issue.

Oh, so philosophical... ;D  I would say of most libertarians, that our eyes are continually being opened.  Hell, I used to be opposed to having guns period.  Now I want to buy my own and protect my rights.  I'd say that is about 180 degree turn...oh no, I'm getting off topic.  Anyways, you said you had done much research about this topic.  I'd appreciate you posting a list of reference studies so I may paruse them and educate myself.

BTW, since I am on the fence on this topic...thanks for starting the thread.

J’raxis 270145

Entities like JSTOR are one of the reasons the "open access" movement (1, 2) exists.

John Edward Mercier

The site I posted is just autism data... it doesn't try to make any casual causation comparisons.
This is for several reasons.
The first genetics plays a role. Genetic testing of all individuals would be highly suspect.
Secondly, no direct general causation has been determined.

kola

Lactavist,

These are the 3 books I always recommend to people interested in vaccines.

I recommend you reading this first: How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor" by Robert S Mendelsohn MD. This was written by a highly respected Pediatrician and was published in the 1980's. He went against everything the medical profession stood for and did it with brute honesty and courage. In his book he speaks of vaccines but the book it more about all the wrongdoings. lies and half truths that plague the medical industry. He understood that suppressing symptoms was detrimental to the natural healing mechanisms of the human body. He speaks of the overabuse "medical intevention" and the harm it causes. You can bet your bottom dollar this was not well-taken by his peers. Nonetheless, the book needs to be read so a person can understand the rational common sense logic and tear down the walls that have brainwashed almost all of us. And yes he will tell you that vaccines have cause far more problems than they solved. All this he said almost 30 years ago! A must read.
He also wrote "I Was a Medical Heretic" which is also an eye-opening book.

2nd: "Vaccines, Are they really safe and effective?" By Neil Z Miller. This is a short read but loaded with answers to the title. It has all his sources of information which are mostly from medically recognized peer review studies. (JAMA, JAPS, BMJ, Lancet, NEJM etc). It is an easy read and he explains not only about vaccines but discussed the diseases that vaccines are supposed to prevent. You will find many of these diseases are self resolving which mean they go away all by themselves (like a common cold and flu). Yes you are lead to believe they are "DISEASES" and they are "DEADLY" and "CRIPPLING". The book will show you otherwise and it has the medical literature to back the claims. It costs about 12 bucks. I recommend this book since it is easy to read and not a 500 page book which tend to give a new reader information-overload.

3rd" The Consumer Guide it Childhood Vaccines" by Barbara Loe Fisher (she is the founder of National Vaccine Information Center, or 909shot.com). She covers a lot of the info mentioned in the above book but goes to help parents prevent vaccine reactions and how to recognize when an adverse event has happened. She speaks of what type of questions to ask your doctor and she talks of the exemption status and all the legal issues.

IMO, these 3 books will give you a foundation to build on. From there you can take on other issues such as vaccine ingredients, conflicts of interest or focus in on autism or the DPT vaccine(by far the most dangerous), or look into the Prevnar vaccine which is 7-8 different disease combine into one. Look into when a baby goes in for his "well baby visit" how he/she could be subjected to Prevnar, MMR and DPT all in one visit. That is 14 different diseases (prev-8, MMR-3, DPT-3 = 14) all jabbed into a babys immature immune system. They just love to pile them on and if your baby is "not up to date" they will gladly "update" him/her and subject even more on that same visit.

Feel free to read the CDC information and other pro-vaccine information. Then compare it to the anti vax side. They are opposites and both sides can't be telling the truth. Can you be somewhere in the middle? Yes. Some folks pick and choose individual vaccines or only get one dose instead of 3 or they spread the intervals out and not do the  3 month 6 month and 9 month "well baby visit" protocol. Many have opted out of Hep B at birth and get it at a later date instead of within its first breaths of life. Regardless of what you read, (pro or con) don't take its face value. You have to do some work and it isn't easy sifting through the studies. That is why I highly recommend Neil Z Miller's book. He has done most of the hard work and it makes your job easier. 

Remember whatever you hear, vaccines are NOT mandatory. They are "recommended" only. Even though doctors, nurses, school officials, the MSM and your Uncle Joe tell you your kids need shots "or else", it is a LIE or they are too stupid to know the real facts. They will lie and bully you, but you have a right to not consent. Know your rights, know the law and know how to handle yourself in an educated manner. I have a slogan and its called, "YOU call the shots". Yes, it is up to the parents to decide what shots are given (if any) and no one else. And it is up to the parents to say "no thanks Jack".  Those days are long gone when people do and say everything their "trusting" doctor tells them. MD's can offer advise and offer recommendations but they cannot dictate or force you to do anything against your will. When it comes to vaccines "YOU call the shots".

But before you call call the shots you need to hear both sides of the story. For most, they have only heard one side and IMO, almost all of it is far away from any truth.

Kola

kola

This is old news but I think it is quite important to post regarding vaccine dangers. As I have said time and time again, vaccines do more harm than they ever did good. If someone is really interested, I advise they trace back to the origin of vaccines (the early years) and you will find that they killed so many people that the vaccination program was stopped and it will show the smallpox vaccine was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. In fact the smallpox vaccines actually helped spread smallpox. But read below how the polio vaccine was contaiminated with SV40 cancer virus. Remember too, that there are 4 different strains of polio with over 90% of infected cases resolved with no residual damage and <1% acquired permanent paralysis (cripple). But "they" never told you that one did they? And the fact that the polio vaccine caused polio. (references upon request).  Kola
---------------------------------------

Polio Vaccine Contaminated With Cancer Given to Millions of Americans

United Press International

WASHINGTON -- Some of the polio vaccine given to millions of American children from 1962 until 2000 could have been contaminated with a monkey virus that shows up in some cancers, according to documents and testimony to be delivered to a House committee Wednesday. The vaccine manufacturer said such claims "don't have any validity," and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention agrees.

Some batches of the first polio vaccine used from 1955 until 1962 were contaminated with the monkey virus. The virus has also been found in some cancer in humans, although it has not been determined that the virus caused the cancer. Between 10 and 30 million Americans may have received a contaminated dose of that vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The monkey virus is suspected of causing cancer in laboratory animals, including brain cancers, bone tumors and a usually fatal cancer in the membranes around the lungs called mesothelioma.

But it has been widely assume that the replacement for the Salk vaccine, a live oral polio vaccine called the Sabin oral vaccine, was free of Simian Virus 40, or SV40. That vaccine was used from 1963 until 2000, when it too was replaced.

Documents set to be delivered to the House Subcommittee on Human Rights and Wellness appear to show that the original "seeds" used to produce the Sabin vaccine could have been tainted with SV40; that the company that manufactured the vaccine, Wyeth Lederle, may have used Rhesus monkeys -- which are more likely to carry the disease -- rather than the African Green monkeys it says it used, according to company documents; and that the company may not have performed all of the screening tests required.

Stanley P. Kops, an attorney who represents clients he says were "paralyzed, killed and-or severely damaged" by the vaccine used until 2000, will present the documents. Kops alleges in his written testimony that the manufacturer and the FDA were negligent and failed to protect children.

"There is a history of negligence involving this vaccine manufacturer and the regulators," Kops says in his written testimony. "The vaccine safety tests were not submitted [to the FDA], the regulators did not look, and infants in the United States became paralyzed or died, and there are now clear instances of cancer reported in the children and individuals who received this product."

A spokesperson for Wyeth Lederle, Natalie de Vane, said Kops is wrong.

No Validity

"These claims don't have any validity," said de Vane. "In response to allegations such as this, the FDA went back and tested batches that were released between 1976 and 1989 and using the most advanced methods of testing available, found no evidence of SV40. We have always conducted extensive screening and testing of our products. The FDA monitors this."

A Food and Drug Administration spokesperson was unaware of the allegations. A CDC fact sheet says that "all of the current evidence indicates that polio vaccines have been free of SV40 since 1963."

Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center, will tell the committee that the polio vaccine story is particularly troubling. The center does not accept money from vaccine manufacturers.

"At the hear of this tragic story is a violation of the public trust and the informed consent ethic," Fisher says in her testimony.

Kops says his documents show the following:

-- A decades-old letter from Dr. Albert B. Sabin to Lederle Laboratories saying that the original "seed" used to make the Sabin vaccine may not be free of SV40 contamination. The letter says that Sabin "could not be certain that there may not be a trace of SV40 virus in this material."

On Oct. 2, 2002, the Wyeth Lederle head of biological quality control said in a deposition that the company did not routinely perform blood tests on monkeys used to make the vaccine to make sure the monkeys did not carry SV40.

Company protocols show that a "cell batch" used to make vaccines might not be rejected even if SV40 is found in some test results.

Company documents describe the use of "rhesus" monkeys, apparently to make the vaccine. Wyeth Lederle says it did not use rhesus monkeys.

A Dec. 16, 1960, letter from Merck & Co. to the U.S. Public Health Service saying that company would not join the business of producing the oral vaccine because the risk of SV40 contamination was too high. The company told the government that it is "extremely difficult" to eliminate monkey viruses and "impossible to detect."

jaqeboy

Here's one for ya, Kola:
------------------------------------------
Mom Jenny Slam Dunks AAP Docs on Larry King

by Barbara Loe Fisher

In what can only be described as a brilliant turn last night on Larry King Live, young celebrity Mom Jenny McCarthy stood her ground with a defiant "anecdotal evidence IS scientific evidence" in calling on the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to back away from one- size-fits-all vaccine policies that recommend all babies get dozens of doses of vaccines. Describing what happened to her son, who suffered convulsions and nearly died after a round of vaccinations and then regressed into autism, Jenny was accompanied by her pediatrician, Jay Gordon, M.D., and journalist David Kirby in a face-off with AAP pediatricians Harvey Karp, M.D. and David Tayloe, Jr. M.D.. It was a ground- breaking television debate about vaccine risks that highlighted the soft underbelly of a medical community unwilling to deal with the reality that regressive autism is part of the vaccine injury spectrum.

Watching Jenny talk about how she recovered her son from autism using diet and alternative healing therapies while resolutely rejecting the tired old platitudes offered up by the two pediatricians trying to defend the indefensible vaccine schedule promoted by the AAP, I smiled as I remembered how it was when I was a young Mom in the 1980's and 1990's and debated doctors on TV. Those were the days when the vast majority of Americans had no idea vaccines could brain injure children and the U.S. media was often bullied by AAP and CDC officials into downplaying reports by mothers that their children died or were brain damaged after vaccination.

The AAP and CDC leadership have essentially joined with the pharmaceutical industry and stuck their heads in the sand for three decades, refusing to take action even though parents and a few courageous doctors have repeatedly come to the table at the CDC, FDA, NIH and Institute of Medicine and pleaded with them to responsibly investigate the clear pattern of regression into poor health after vaccination that so many children are suffering. Pediatricians and vaccine manufacturers have hidden behind the protection offered by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, which Congress gave to them as a gift in an exchange that was supposed to make the vaccine system safer and more trustworthy.

The sad truth is that the public trust has been betrayed by those operating a mass vaccination system now crumbling precisely because there was a refusal to listen to the calls by mothers of vaccine injured children to take constructive action in the 1980's and 1990's.

Today, those responsible for the betrayal of the public trust will be forced to deal with a new generation of Moms, exemplified by Jenny McCarthy, who are not starting from ground zero like we did. These Moms are holding their broken children in their arms and looking back in anger and disgust at the long, tragic history of denials by those operating the mass vaccination system. This generation of mothers and fathers, many of whom will spend a lifetime trying to heal their vaccine injured children, are standing on a platform of knowledge built brick by brick by those who have gone before and shouting: "It ends here and now with me."

During the Larry King show, Jenny announced that she and Jim Carrey will be leading a march for autism awareness in Washington, D.C. on June 4.

For more information, go to Jenny's page on the Generation Rescue website at
http://generationrescue.org/vaccines.html

"In light of the recent Hannah Poling decision, in which the federal court conceded that vaccines could have contributed to her autism, we think the tide is finally turning in the direction of parents like us who have been shouting concerns from our rooftops for years. Autism is a debilitating disorder, which according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is suffered by 1 in 150 kids, making it more common than childhood cancer, diabetes and AIDS combined. Recently, England and Ireland reported that autism is affecting one in 58 individuals. Is it any wonder that autism has become many new parents' No. 1 fear? We've met some of the most amazing moms and dads who are forging their own path to prevention and recovery. When our son, Evan, was diagnosed with autism we were lucky enough to benefit from their knowledge and experience. Evan has been healed to a great extent by many breakthroughs that, while perhaps not scientifically proven, have definitely helped Evan and many other children who are recovering from autism." - Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey, CNN - Larry King (April 2, 2008)
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mccarthy.autsimtreatment/index.html#cnnSTCVideo