• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Learn in Freedom

Started by AlanM, July 06, 2005, 09:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Don't apologize, Kat.  When I lose humility, I expect to be called on it.  I'm happy to avoid surrounding myself with butt-kissers and brown-nosers.  Be proud that you're not one.  ;)

I need to learn how to get the point across about educational freedom without creating resentment.  If I'm not doing it right, then I need to be more careful!  :o  Lesson learned.

AlanM

I'm interested in knowing how to tell people that they have have been lied to most of their lives. The whole social control of society stuff is all a bunch of lies we have been fed since we were born. So how to you tell people they have swallowed the lies? How can you NOT offend them? No one likes to be told they are a patsy.  ???

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AlanM on August 07, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 07, 2005, 09:38 PM NHFT
I'm not smiling, just surprised the damn tent didn't fall down!

I thought there would be a rational explanation.? 8) So, did you have a few tense moments with the tents? Of course I realize it is all in the past (tense), the tents I mean, but then again, the moments concerning the tents were tense, but they're in the past (tense).

Who's on first?

Actually, the tent went up with no problems as I knew it would.  I might have been smiling. But, I can't smile here, cause my smilies don't work!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on August 08, 2005, 12:18 AM NHFT
I'm interested in knowing how to tell people that they have have been lied to most of their lives. The whole social control of society stuff is all a bunch of lies we have been fed since we were born. So how to you tell people they have swallowed the lies? How can you NOT offend them? No one likes to be told they are a patsy.  ???

My mother has this knack of telling people off, or telling them difficult things without them getting mad.  They wind up loving her for it.  I wish I understood how she did it.

Michael Fisher

Ack, I slept in!!!   :-[ :(

I am very sorry, Alan.    :-\

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 10, 2005, 10:32 AM NHFT
Ack, I slept in!!!? ?:-[ :(

I am very sorry, Alan.? ? :-\

Hi, Mike. That's OK, I only lasted a half-hour or so. That sun was brutal!!!!!
I got a VERY nasty look from a policeman! I think he was the one who sent Sgt. Butz that other day. What a jerk! I've never had a nasty look like than from a cop in my life. For a fleeting instant I thought he might want to shoot me, it was that nasty.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on August 10, 2005, 10:45 AM NHFT
Hi, Mike. That's OK, I only lasted a half-hour or so. That sun was brutal!!!!!
I got a VERY nasty look from a policeman! I think he was the one who sent Sgt. Butz that other day. What a jerk! I've never had a nasty look like than from a cop in my life. For a fleeting instant I thought he might want to shoot me, it was that nasty.

Well, I am sorry.  My work schedule changed so I thought I'd sleep in, but I forgot to check my calendar first.  :-[

It is so freaking HOT today!  I can't believe it!  Oil has hit $64.50 per barrel!  :o :o :o  At this rate, my electric bill may soon be the death of me!

dawn

I think the positive approach works best. Since most people have their kids in public school, to totally slam the public schools would be putting them on the defense. We can't tell them that they made a terrible decison and that they're letting their kids be ruined due to that decision. Heck, people get defensive when you tell them that you homeschool, even if you don't point out that the public schools stink!

I agree with what I think Pat said - we need to offer them viable alternatives. If you say pull your kids out of school, most people will say, Then What? This is a valid question and we need to help them answer it.

I think someone else mentioned something about having info on the private schools available. I totally agree. Give them a solution.

Of course, the best solution is homeschooling! ;) I know, I am totally biased. Anyway, have homeschooling info available too. I have tons of catalogs from Rainbow Resource Center - it is huge and lists just about everything you could ever need to homeschool and then some. That answers one of the questions about not knowing what curriculum items are available for homeschoolers.

I also was able to get some free back copies of Home Education Magazine (which are gone now but if you ask for some they will send them to you for an event) and Life Learn Magazine. I suggest both of these as free samples for people to take to start educating themselves on the possibilities. Homeschool is possible for everyone.

Also, give out a handout of the homeschool organizations -  local, state and national. Many people are lazy, busy or intimidated so the more info they can be given (if they want it) the better.

Maybe we need to make another brochure. I saw one in CT, I wonder if I still have a copy. On the cover it said something like: Education: Who's Responsibility Is It? and had a really relaxing picture of an old-fashioned child sitting on a porch swing eating an apple reading a book type of thing.

It would be awesome to get a Liberty Tree Learning Center going. I know it's still kicking around in the back of my head but I'm just too busy to make it happen.

Kat Kanning

Sign idea:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lloyd Danforth

I like it, but, why is there what looks like a heart on what looks like a cell door?

Kat Kanning

Yeah the heart needs to go.  Maybe the windows could have bars, too.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on August 24, 2005, 06:51 AM NHFT
Yeah the heart needs to go.? Maybe the windows could have bars, too.

LOL!  That's awesome!

A great idea for a sign!

tracysaboe

Kat Kanning

Pat McCotter