• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Learn in Freedom

Started by AlanM, July 06, 2005, 09:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

I actually know two home schoolers in my neighborhood.. I think I will have to ask them about him...they might have his book.

I will say that my first few 'encounters' with homeschoolers were negative ( they never seemed to be teaching their kids--I won't go into details) however the two woman in my neighborhood seem super responsible , they do class work but the do lots of fileldtrips.

I am learning all the time.

Maybe I can leave some FSP Lit in the books.

AlanM

Quote from: Dreepa on July 16, 2005, 07:53 PM NHFT
Alan just ordered one of Gatto's books from the Library... Believe it or not 10 other people want it too. There is a waiting list. Maybe there are 20K other folks like us?

Hopefully I will get if before I leave CA, otherwise I will read in in NH.

Looking forward to your arrival Home.? 8)

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to create a "study" group surrounding Gatto's ideas. What can we do? What should we do?

Russell Kanning

....seems like we are split Monadnock/Seacoast for our education efforts....I think it is important to meet every week to keep the issue at the forefront of our minds....so we have to meet close to our homes.

So we will be doing our Keene action in front of walmart in bearable weather and the BKing for bad.....gives us a chance to plan/socialize and chat with the public. 8)

Dreepa

Is there a hidden message?

Walmart in good weather?
Burger King in bad weather?

- ;)

Or does BK just have an awning? :)

Pat K

Hey don't ya know that at Burger King you can " have it your way "  ;D

AlanM

I'll have three homeschoolers and two private schoolers, extra mayo, please.

Michael Fisher

Alan, are we on again for this week?  When and where?

We've gotta keep it up!  :)

Russell Kanning

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on July 20, 2005, 02:09 PM NHFT
Alan, are we on again for this week?? When and where?

We've gotta keep it up!? :)

I plan on holding off till this heat wave subsides. I have turned into a real wimp in my old age.  8)

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on July 20, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFT
I'd like to help out.? Do we need any materials printed up?

Not right now, but perhaps in a couple of weeks, Scott. I am using the handout I posted somewhere earlier in this thread.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Scott Roth on July 20, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFT
I'd like to help out.? Do we need any materials printed up?

Which town do you live in?

AlanM

Mike,
I am ready to get back to the barricades! Since it is supposed to rain on Weds., how about Thurs., same time and place? Does that work for you?

Michael Fisher

Sounds good to me!? :)

See you on Thursday!

Wait... is that at noon?

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on July 26, 2005, 09:48 AM NHFT
Sounds good to me!? :)

See you on Thursday!

Wait... is that at noon?

10 AM

Michael Fisher