• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Amusement parks in NH

Started by dalebert, March 04, 2008, 12:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Stephen King remarked that NH seems to specialize in a lot of little amusement parks. Where the heck are they?

sandm000

OB1 Canobie Lake?
That's the one I know about.

ny2nh

Maybe he means places like Santa's Village, Six Gun City, etc.

I would hardly think of NH having a lot of little amusement parks though. Canobie Lake Park is really the only decent size small park I can think of.

Jacobus

dalebert

Stephen writes about a place in Laconia, Thrill-something. I'm sure it's fake but I wonder if it's based on a real one with a different name. I did a quick search and the only thing I found was a go-cart park or something like that.

Lloyd Danforth

I've got a pet cemetery I'd like to sell you Dale,  It is very special.........oh yeah and I know this guy who can make you loose weight by touching you!

mackler

I guess the "FEMA Funcamp" doesn't count?

beretta92d

Raineyrocks

There's Whale Tails or Tales too in Lincoln I think.  My favorite is the drive-in! :)

Off topic:

This is about Stephen King.  Tell me your opinion on this please.  I always dreamed of sitting there with Stephen King, kicking ideas for a book back and forth, like being his helper if he ever is in an imaginative rut.  So I thought I found his myspace page and thought my whole life was going to change, well I found out after everyone I know was laughing at me that it was his fan's page.  :( Do you think Stephen King has his very own Myspace page?  If so do you think he would ever actually write to me? 

I have so many ideas for books but in clumps nothing organized with a beginning, middle, and end, just random imaginative thoughts so is there something I could do for a living with my clumps?

dalebert

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 09, 2008, 12:51 PM NHFT
I have so many ideas for books but in clumps nothing organized with a beginning, middle, and end, just random imaginative thoughts so is there something I could do for a living with my clumps?

Honestly, lots of people get those disorganized clumps. It's when you can organize your thoughts and have the discipline to write them down into a coherent storyline that separates you from all those other people. I'm still trying to find out if that's me or not. It's taking more forever to get my novel written.  :-\ I recommend you read a book called "Telling Lies for Fun and Profit". It's a very quick read and very fun. The author has a lot of useful tips for writers and potential writers and he tells it to you in a very entertaining way.

mackler

You can sell books made out of clumps.  Just look at Sidney Sheldon.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on March 09, 2008, 01:07 PM NHFT

Honestly, lots of people get those disorganized clumps. It's when you can organize your thoughts and have the discipline to write them down into a coherent storyline that separates you from all those other people. I'm still trying to find out if that's me or not. It's taking more forever to get my novel written.  :-\ I recommend you read a book called "Telling Lies for Fun and Profit". It's a very quick read and very fun. The author has a lot of useful tips for writers and potential writers and he tells it to you in a very entertaining way.

Excellent I will get the book, thanks!  I didn't know you are trying to write a novel, good luck! :)   My sister ordered me a year subscription of Writer's Digest but it really hasn't been that helpful.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: mackler on March 10, 2008, 04:17 AM NHFT

You can sell books made out of clumps.  Just look at Sidney Sheldon.

I've never read one of his books, I'll check one out, thanks! :)