• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Beer...but where?

Started by mongo, March 04, 2008, 06:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Manchester in search of a site to put a microbrewery. Talked to Keith who mentioned "The Millinery". Do any of you know what the address of that complex is? I was checking the Google street guide but didn't find it.
Thanks!

Lloyd Danforth

mongo

Hmmm. Yeah, he mentioned that one. But I'm pretty sure he was talking about an industrial area on Elm St. I'm just doing kegs to start.

Kat Kanning

Possibly the building where NH Magazine is?

mongo

Thanks for the input! The McQuade doesn't seem very likely. I got the impression of an old complex with various retail bits, but all zoned industrial. Still somewhat seedy; a place for an artisanal undertaking, i.e. really cheap rent.  Looking for a warehouse but not really big, possibly around 1000 sq feet or even half that. It occurred to me that an old restaurant might do the trick, too---or even some agricultural land on the edge of town. Here it's old factory space where artists have eclectic galleries...

Pat K

If you need some  one to taste test the Beer batches
let me know.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I thought you were looking for a Brewery,not a rent. 

mongo

Thanks, looks like a good place to start! We have four micros/brewpubs here in Ann Arbor, which is about the same size as Manchester, population wise. There are three doing well and one new one just opening, though one will be re-locating because their beer is icky. Asheville NC has seven or eight, I believe. I forget how many Boulder has, but four at least. Breweries encourage beer fans, they don't compete with each other so much as bring in new folks. If I could get near Milly's, why, that would be great! Also, I am absurdly fond of my own beer. So I do not fear competition. I look forward to meeting you guys soon. Hope to get there for a visit, perhaps next week if I can swing it.

ps. I appreciate the offer of beer tasting, and look forward to calling you "Chris". (earlier post)