• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Protest near Souter's Weare home, July 17th

Started by Dave Ridley, July 06, 2005, 09:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Edit:? The protest at or near David Souter's place in Weare is now set for July 17th, 1PM .? ?More details to follow.

34 Cilley Hill Road
----

Original post below:

You folks have any thoughts on when would be a good time/date to schedule a protest in front of or near Judge Souter's place?? ?Any ideas on exact location?

I'm thinking maybe sunday july 17th, 1pm.? Saturday the 16th would be ok too I guess.? ? ? Will plan to make a calendar entry once I hear from you folks.

Oh here are some sign ideas (feedback and better ideas welcome):

Give Souter
The Booter
NHfree.com

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

"New Hampshire for families...... NOT big business!" (This should win over some left-of-center types......

Or how about "Land of the free" in a red cirsle and a slash though it?

"Give me Liberty or give me Souter" Sorry, sounds threatening.. LOL... Not meant that way......

We have to tie this in somehow with the NH citizens who drove a cannon up to teh British governor's house in 1774(?).. Perhaps with a bulldozer, but stay off his property..... :D

JM

Lloyd Danforth

Perhaps we could convince one of our civil disobedience guys to use the bulldozer.  probably wouldn't get more than a year or so.  Would generate a lot of publicity!

Ron Helwig

I know a couple people that have cannons   >:D

Believe it or not, in Minnesota, where it is illegal to have any fireworks more dangerous than sparklers and snakes, you can have a privately owned cannon. Who needs fireworks?  >:D

tracysaboe

Quote from: russellkanning on July 06, 2005, 10:14 AM NHFT
"Protect Souter" >:D

Yeah, we should state a protest, to "protect Souter."

It might be fun, it might be vengful. Heck, it might even be justice -- but no long term good can come of it, and it might even set up an eminent domain bereaucracu in NH where none previously existed. That would be a very bad thing.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

How about:

"We should protect even scumbags like Souter."

tracysaboe

That sounds good. :)

I feel like Anarchy when he teamed up with Green Lantern when an anomoly caused the laws of physics to callapse for awhile. A building was falling down -- and it was compain headquarter place filled with politicians.

He said, "I never thought I'd be teaming up with a superhero -- an intergalactic cop no less -- to save the lives of politicians."

OK, I've officially revealed just how much of a geek I am.

Tracy

Pat K

Lets see how does it go= In the darkest day ... in the blackest night... beware the power of Green Lantern's light!

I think thats close. I must be part geek. ;D

tracysaboe

Green Arrow can never remember it either.

Here's the oath. More specifically it's Hal Jordon's oath.

In Brightest Day
In Blackest Night
No Evil Shall Escape My Sight!
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
Beware My (Our) Power --
Green Lantern's Light

OK, this is getting surealley off topic, but Anarchy was in the most recent issue on Green Arrow. The first time, in several years. I'd encourage everybody to pick it up. Perhaps if D.C. realizes it's a good charactor -- they'll use him more again. Start spreading the memes again.

Tracy

Dave Ridley

Anyone have any thoughts as to where the exact location should be?

I'm thinking we do part of it near his house, part of it on a street where we are visible to lots of traffic if possible.  I have no idea when he is or isn't home and don't think that's even worth worrying about.   What's the address?

Integrity

? Hey there ,? Great Idea,? I want to go to this,? ?and I think you would like me and? my truck to be there,? ?Can I recommend doing this the next sunday the 24th? same time or noon,? Because there is also a rally at the state house for 3;00? ?which would follow this? up well. ? ?Also? the 17 th? is Nascar Day,? Can't give that one up tixs cost to much,? as well many others I know that have the same intrest in this also go to the races,? My truck is A custom chevy? box van, I am a builder but I do not advertise for my self,? But it is well Known in the Rochester / Dover area,? ?I? have now painted it up,? it now reads in Large letters,? ? ? ? ?(? ? Lost Liberty Hotel ,? ?Coming soon to a property like yours whether you like it or not !!? ? ?Courtsey of the U.S.? Supreme court? case # 04-108? ? )? ?It also has the dome of a capitol with flag on pole blowing? but ripping and coming apart.? ?the truck is done up real nice ,? It has been getting? ( more ) attention than usual,? good for conversation,? and more so information,? Also adding some more to it this weekend, I heard about this protest on WGIR today,? Hope? the date can change,? Thanks Lance ::)

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Most of us will be up in Lancaster then.  Maybe a couple weeks after the f irst one?

tracysaboe

You know -- It might be interesting for Mike (or other opposer of the Souter home) to find some talk-show to debate with somebody in the emminent domain for Souter camp.

Could be interesting. Are their several anti-tax, anti-emminent domain people that have talk shows?

Tracy