• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Federal Reserve Protest

Started by Kat Kanning, March 05, 2008, 06:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

To most people fiat is an automobile.
I think simple charts comparing what an oz of gold would buy in 1913 and what it will buy today compared to dollars would be effective.

Free libertarian

Fiat money? Oh my god, Fiat's are really lousy cars...so THAT'S why my money is worthless now!?

ReverendRyan

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 06, 2008, 07:10 AM NHFT
To most people fiat is an automobile.
I think simple charts comparing what an oz of gold would buy in 1913 and what it will buy today compared to dollars would be effective.

Charts bad.
Think Perot.
I'd suggest finding some old want ads denominated in metal, to show its unchanging (well, drastically less changing) value.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 05, 2008, 06:38 AM NHFT
There's a federal reserve bank in Boston.

It's right next to South Station on the Red Line. The best thing to do would probably be to drive to Alewife station out in the suburbs (parking is $5.00 if I recall) and then take the T ($2.00) into the city.

Russell Kanning

thanks for the info

one simple chart will help .... if a bunch show up that will work too

who wants to play the part of the clown professor who points at the charts and teaches?

Kat Kanning

The organizer of the event hasn't gotten back to me.

Puke

Wow, that building looks exactly like I'd expect.
Very communist in style, like something in North Korea. A faceless bastion of oppressive power works here.

Tom Sawyer

What could they do that would keep a whole building full of people busy?  :P

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 08, 2008, 07:53 AM NHFT
What could they do that would keep a whole building full of people busy?  :P

Plot and scheme?

srqrebel

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 08, 2008, 06:23 AM NHFT
The organizer of the event hasn't gotten back to me.

Perhaps we need to organize our own FR protest to coincide with theirs.

I am considering taking the day off work to participate in this.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Puke on March 08, 2008, 06:41 AM NHFT
Wow, that building looks exactly like I'd expect.
Very communist in style, like something in North Korea. A faceless bastion of oppressive power works here.

It's Boston's own Miniplenty. Here's another angle, showing how it truly does loom ominously over the city:—

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Kind of looks like a giant zipper pull.

Which when ya think about it ,is appropriate.

Lloyd Danforth

Full of people who give 'Dicks' a bad name

Russell Kanning

has a twin towers look ... I hope they don't have any major repairs needed :(

We can just organize (chuckle) our own thing and see who else shows up.

I like the idea that a bunch of nuts have come down from NH to bug the city slickers .... but the hayseed pitchfork motif doesn't seem right ... since we are not trying to take down the building ... just warn people about how the $s are not safe. I like the crazy professor idea ... plus a kazoo band type feel.

It would seem like a shame to give up work for this event Menno .... since you can join us for the weekend stuph ... but the more the merrier. :)

What do you guys think about a "theme"?