• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

MVP meeting Saturday at Murphy's in Manchester

Started by Porcupine Realtor, March 06, 2008, 01:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine Realtor

Time:  11:00 a.m.; usually lasts about an hour.  Stay for lunch.

Monthly MVP (Merrimack Valley Porcupines) meeting in Manchester at Murphy's Taproom, 494 Elm St.
This is a re-scheduled event from last week's snow cancelation.
Come meet other activists and hear from the doers on upcoming events and projects, as well as cultural affairs.  New arrivals to NH are encouraged to come and introduce yourselves

Russell Kanning

Kat and I will be inbound from the western parts of the Shire to visit the eastern portion today :)

we will have new papers with us

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 08, 2008, 05:08 AM NHFT
Kat and I will be inbound from the western parts of the Shire to visit the eastern portion today :)

From context, I assume that means you're coming to the MVP meeting, but is Manchester considered Eastern? Oh well. I don't want to discourage you or anything. Haven't you guys in a while. :)

ny2nh

The meeting was well attended - including Kat & Russell - probably 30-35 people. I am attaching the calendar in case you couldn't make it and want to know what is happening this month.

Russell Kanning

Manchester seems to be in the eastern section of The Shire ... unless you have taken new territory. :)

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 08, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
Manchester seems to be in the eastern section of The Shire ... unless you have taken new territory.
The Seacoast is extremely active of late.
:D

Russell Kanning

noone who lives on the NH seacoast has contacted Shire headquarters about expanding our frontiers

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 10, 2008, 04:26 PM NHFT
noone who lives on the NH seacoast has contacted Shire headquarters about expanding our frontiers
Damn them!! Don't they know they cannot operate without proper authorization?!

WHO THE HELL IS IN CONTROL HERE?
WHO FUNDS YOU PEOPLE!??!?!

I WANT ANSWERS, DAMMIT!

Porcupine Realtor

This Saturday, 11:00 at Murphy's -- be there.  There is a lot going on, and our numbers are increasing.  As our friend RP says, "Liberty is popular." 

dalebert

I'll try to go. Taproom Tuesday was a bit scant this week and I wasn't feeling well so I left early. I waited too long since my last allergy shot and it was affecting me more than usual.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on April 02, 2008, 09:45 PM NHFT
I'll try to go. Taproom Tuesday was a bit scant this week and I wasn't feeling well so I left early. I waited too long since my last allergy shot and it was affecting me more than usual.

It got a lot busier way late into the night. "Our side" of the bar was packed by about 9 when I had to leave.

I had to scramble to try to get in all the networking I wanted to do in the last few minutes before leaving because so many people showed up so damn late. I didn't get to talk to half the people I wanted to.

ny2nh

Ron - I noticed that more people seem to be coming later now - which stinks in some ways because I like to get home early. : (

I left at about 8:30 and it was still a fairly small crowd.....

David

Quote from: ny2nh on March 08, 2008, 04:36 PM NHFT
The meeting was well attended - including Kat & Russell - probably 30-35 people. I am attaching the calendar in case you couldn't make it and want to know what is happening this month.
That will likely pick up at some point.  Maybe in the summer when it is warmer.  When I was in Manchester earlier last year, they had maybe 60-70 people there on multiple occasions.  Since then there have been new movers, so it can only get better. 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 03, 2008, 07:58 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on April 02, 2008, 09:45 PM NHFT

It got a lot busier way late into the night. "Our side" of the bar was packed by about 9 when I had to leave.

I had to scramble to try to get in all the networking I wanted to do in the last few minutes before leaving because so many people showed up so damn late. I didn't get to talk to half the people I wanted to.

Tuesday is when many of the most useful City Hall meetings are held in Manchester, so that's often why some of us (e.g., myself, Mark Warden) are late. Most importantly, every two weeks, they hold a public testimony meeting at 19:00–19:30, and then they hold their voting meetings immediately after.