• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Quality-of-Life Crime

Started by malcolm, March 06, 2008, 08:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm

An interesting blog posting from a girl who spent a night in the NYC clink.  All over a beer in a paper bag!

Sheila didn't come into work yesterday... as it turns out, she had a good excuse. As I was led through the subway station in handcuffs Tuesday night, a young girl called after me, "Oooh, undercover got you, didn't they? What you did, ma?" Good question! All I did was drink a beer from a paper bag while waiting for the F train. Trashy habit, and technically illegal, but who cares, right? In fact, the NYPD cares very much. What followed was twenty-four hours in two jails, hours in handcuffs, and eventual dismissal in that three-ring circus known as Night Court. Everything I need to know about life, I learned in the female prisoner holding pen in the Tombs.

Check it out:  http://gawker.com/364622/what-i-learned-in-jail-last-night

error

Yet you can drink on the Metro-North. These bureaucrats have become arbitrary and capricious. That, my friends, is tyranny.