• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Common Sense

Started by JJ, March 12, 2008, 06:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

dalebert

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on March 12, 2008, 10:30 PM NHFT
If you don't do this, please, no complaining about the fact that NH has some of the worst MJ laws.
Common sense tells me not to waste my time talking to government reps to try to push back the police state.
You go ahead though Denis.

Vitruvian

Quote from: d_goddardIf you don't do this, please, no complaining about the fact that NH has some of the worst MJ laws.

If one participates in, and thereby endorses, the legislative process, he endorses the outcome.  Those who do not participate are the only ones who may complain.

d_goddard

deleted my post.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't post here much any more.

Vitruvian

Quote from: d_goddardThanks for reminding me why I don't post here much any more.

Don't mention it.

ReverendRyan

Quote from: Vitruvian on March 13, 2008, 11:47 AM NHFT
If one participates in, and thereby endorses, the legislative process, he endorses the outcome.

That's a bit of an oversimplification, or is it too much of a generalization? I'd say in this particular case you'd probably be correct, but participation in something doesn't necessarily constitute endorsement. Civil disobedience is a good example. Serving time in jail willingly for a non-crime without attempting escape could be called participation, but is obviously not endorsement.

Russell Kanning

that book "common sense" sure was good

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Vitruvian on March 13, 2008, 11:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddardIf you don't do this, please, no complaining about the fact that NH has some of the worst MJ laws.

If one participates in, and thereby endorses, the legislative process, he endorses the outcome.  Those who do not participate are the only ones who may complain.

I seem to remember the last time we all argued about this, we got exactly nowhere. Denis was one of the people who was not, is not, and most likely will not, be convinced of that. Simply repeating statements only strengthens the accusations that they're just dogma.

Puke

Kat Kanning

Denis is the one who started this debate.  It's not like we go on the NHLA forum and say, "If you work within the system, you don't have a right to complain."

J’raxis 270145

I have no intention of restarting that debate. "Agree to disagree" seems to me to be the best strategy.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 14, 2008, 02:55 PM NHFT
Denis is the one who started this debate.  It's not like we go on the NHLA forum and say, "If you work within the system, you don't have a right to complain."

True. But if you did, I hope no one would delete the post.