• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Common Sense

Started by JJ, March 12, 2008, 06:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 15, 2008, 08:01 PM NHFT
The powers that be have more to gain and they get payed to work full time at their effort.

A minor point: The New Hampshire legislators are paid $100/yr for what they do. It's essentially a "volunteer" legislature. These people do what they do because they actually believe the laws they're passing are right and just.

Tom Sawyer

The bureaucrats at the DMV are implimenting most of the Real-ID stuff, cause the national organization they are involved pushes for it... career bureaucrats.

The police, prison, drug treatment organizations will continue to block marijuana law reform... jobs program.

The list goes on and on.

Caleb

Two million prisoners working for free (or almost free) though. At some point maybe some big corporations will start to protest the government's free labor pool.

J’raxis 270145

I think it's 2.3M now.

And those corporations would probably rather contract with the government to use that labor pool. Many (most?) prisons are private businesses nowadays. Big, profitable private businesses. Why can't slave labor be?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 15, 2008, 08:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 15, 2008, 08:01 PM NHFT
The powers that be have more to gain and they get payed to work full time at their effort.
A minor point: The New Hampshire legislators are paid $100/yr for what they do. It's essentially a "volunteer" legislature. These people do what they do because they actually believe the laws they're passing are right and just.
they are not the "powers that be"

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 16, 2008, 08:58 AM NHFT
The New Hampshire legislators are paid $100/yr for what they do. It's essentially a "volunteer" legislature.
I disagree.

The NH Legislature has been enacting brutal, totalitarian laws at an astonishing rate over the past ~18 months.
We headed off some of their crap (mandatory seat belts) but we're getting drowned in regulation and persecution.

Just last week they decided that the State has ultimate authority over children, and that the needs of bureaucrats trump deeply-held religious convictions. These are not vague things; they were voting on EXACTLY those bills:
http://generalcourt.org/bills/2008/cacr23  "The State shall not abridge the right, role, or responsibility of parents to control the welfare and education of their children." [ DEFEATED ]
http://generalcourt.org/bills/2008/hb1185 This bill restricts government action from burdening a person's free exercise of religion. [DEFEATED]

In both cases, there were many votes were in our favor. Just not enough. There are people in the legislature who are voting to restrain the State -- they are just outnumbered by a few dozen Statists.

We need to replace about 40 of the most authoritarian Reps in November, or the level of State-sponsored violence is going to increase. A LOT. As in... it's going to be hard to call NH an even remotely "libertarian-leaning" place.
The NHLA will be doing all it can to replace the bad ones. Any help will be much appreciated.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on March 16, 2008, 12:00 PM NHFT
The New Hampshire legislators are paid $100/yr for what they do. It's essentially a "volunteer" legislature.
I disagree.

The NH Legislature has been enacting brutal, totalitarian laws at an astonishing rate over the past ~18 months.

As in... it's going to be hard to call NH an even remotely "libertarian-leaning" place.
You are right. Let's nuke em all  :soapbox:
The government of NH is not libertarian leaning  :( ..... a lot of the people are. :)

Kat Kanning

The government is just a fiction anyway, hadn't you heard?

kola

Quoterussell quoted: You are right. Let's nuke em all

Now THIS is bloody violent revolution stuff.
Egads!  :o

Paranoid Kolanuts

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 16, 2008, 03:46 PM NHFT
I disagree.

As in... it's going to be hard to call NH an even remotely "libertarian-leaning" place.
The government of NH is not libertarian leaning  :( ..... a lot of the people are. :)

Note to all the Feds= This is what is known as humor.
The only real WMD's we use are the Truth and laughter.
Very Very powerful.

J’raxis 270145

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 16, 2008, 06:49 PM NHFT
Russell, ban thyself. ;D
I don't think I can. The universe will fold in on itself ... or at least what I keep telling myself

Russell Kanning

PatK has admitted that the insurgents in NH have WMD's. We also have our fearless leader (a tall lanky figure who dresses in native garb) hidden in the hills.

Caleb

Quote from: Pat K on March 16, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 16, 2008, 03:46 PM NHFT
I disagree.

Note to all the Feds= This is what is known as humor.
The only real WMD's we use are the Truth and laughter.
Very Very powerful.

Thank God you dealt with this, Pat. I heard we had gone to Defcon 5 and Congress had held another behind closed doors session to deal with this threat.