• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

no unread posts?

Started by Beth221, March 13, 2008, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth221

When I sign in for the first time in a day, for the past week, I click "Show unread posts" and NOTHING comes up?  It suggests I read "all unread posts" and it gives me "No unread posts"  Unless I am sleep walking, and reading every single thread... I think something is wrong..?

dalebert

Quote from: Scowlin' Sara Jones on March 13, 2008, 11:37 AM NHFT
When I sign in for the first time in a day, for the past week, I click "Show unread posts" and NOTHING comes up?  It suggests I read "all unread posts" and it gives me "No unread posts"  Unless I am sleep walking, and reading every single thread... I think something is wrong..?

Did you stay logged in and maybe someone used your comp to read the forum?

Beth221

I never stay logged in because Dan and I will post under each other's names..  And, the computer was offline since yesterday doing a HD recovery.  It was offline for 12 or more hours..  I am stumped. 

ny2nh

I've had that happen before - but never repeatedly. That is peculiar.

Lloyd Danforth

Happens once in a while to me too

Kat Kanning

Try using this URL http://nhunderground.com/forum if you're not already.  Or check that your computer is allowing cookies.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ny2nh on March 13, 2008, 01:00 PM NHFT
I've had that happen before - but never repeatedly. That is peculiar.
happens to me ... usually associated with a browser crash ... but I haven't quite figured out the pattern

J’raxis 270145

SMF (the forum software) seems to flush out the unread-posts list every once in a while, if you haven't accessed it recently enough. You'll have to click through all the boards and look for the icons like I've had to do a few times.

I haven't had a chance to look at the code to see specifically why it does this.

Beth221

every time i log in, it says NO Unread posts..  Its such a pain to have to look for the new ones! 

Kat Kanning

So my suggestions didn't help?

Beth221

not yet.  I will have Dan the Man check into that.  I just assumed with the Yoda of servers next to me that it wouldnt be the problem.  Havent had time with the storm that was brewing.

btw, thank you Kat.   :)

Kat Kanning

I tried looking on the SMF forum to see if they had any suggestions, but haven't seen anything useful yet.

Kat Kanning

I changed one thing they suggested.  If that didn't fix it, try clearing your cookies from here.

muni

Same here, tried everything suggested .

Thanks for looking into it ..

muni .

muni

Still no unread messages. I deleted my account and recreated it and that didn't help.

Is there something in the name 'muni' that breaks the system or the feds are trying
to keep me off this forum?

Thanks ..

muni .