• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 3/17/08

Started by Becky Thatcher, March 17, 2008, 09:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky Thatcher

Russell has been arrested at David's hearing this morning.  I don't have many details (such as why) but will post when I learn more. :( >:(

Caleb

At first, I wondered if they had an outstanding warrant, but I called Keene Police, and they said that they didn't know anything about it.... so it must've been something that happened at the courthouse itself. I am going to lookup the sheriff's department and call there.

Caleb

lady at the sheriff's office said she really didn't know. she took my number and said someone would get back to me. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Becky Thatcher

Apparently it was for an outstanding warrant.  After first refusing to say what they had done with Russell, someone let on that they had taken him to Westmoreland Jail (where he was before).  They were really shitty at the courthouse to the people asking where Russell was and apparently called the Sheriff because they were being harrassed by all these questions!  Poor pitiful them, I can see how being questioned by Russell's family and friends as to his whereabouts could really ruin their day.  We should all feel grateful that they have done their duty and a dangerous subversive has been taken off the streets. ::) :-\   

kola

they goons read this forum and knew he was coming.

i wonder if he got any vid filming? my guess is that they snatched him as soon as he walked in.

any details?

Kola

Barterer

Quote from: kola on March 17, 2008, 12:24 PM NHFT
they goons read this forum and knew he was coming.

i wonder if he got any vid filming? my guess is that they snatched him as soon as he walked in.

any details?

Kola

Gah  >:( 
Recommend y'all do sort of what Michael Hampton has done for NHteaparty. Put the whole forum behind an SSL, make a group of trusted members in the SimpleMachines admin, and restrict the Civil Dis section to those members.

And, of course you have my sincere condolences on this issue, which I'm sure is yet another nothing, made into jail time, for a totally harmless person.

Kat Kanning

Russell's being held on $10,000 bail.  I just called the courthouse and they said they don't have a court appearance scheduled yet.  It will be Superior Court in Keene.  The Keene cops aren't likely to know much about it, because it's the state guys who did it.  While we were standing in the lobby of the courthouse for David, the police prosecutor walked by, apparently saw Russell, knew him from before, and knew there was a warrant.

So, why is all this happening?

Russell, as you know, is a Christian.  When he married, he really meant for life.  His wife kicked him out without just cause.  She got everything...kids, house, all of Russell's personal possessions (which she wouldn't give to him).  Last he saw her she was driving a brand new Escalade.  After she kicked him out, she got a restraining order claiming he was violent (Mr. Pacifist, violent  ::)).  She refused to let him see his children.  She refuses to let him even call his children.  He decided he was not going to be a slave to some woman who treated him like that - to pay for her to take his children away from him.   He's offered to take the children.  He wanted nothing more than to stay there and raise the kids, be a family.  She chose otherwise.  Now he's in jail for not paying child support.  The kids don't even know why he doesn't call or see them - the mother lets them think he just doesn't care.  He won't be mean enough to her to tell the kids what's happening.

If he takes $50 off the debt for every day in jail, he'll be in there like 10 years.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Barterer on March 17, 2008, 01:02 PM NHFT
Recommend y'all do sort of what Michael Hampton has done for NHteaparty. Put the whole forum behind an SSL, make a group of trusted members in the SimpleMachines admin, and restrict the Civil Dis section to those members.

I don't think we should hide anything, for we have nothing to hide. We, and Russell in particular, are doing nothing wrong. The gov-goons are the ones who are doing wrong.

Whatever we do in our pursuit of freedom, it should be above board and honest. The kinds of things that we do are the kinds of things where it shouldn't matter if they know our plans. In fact, if they know our plans, it should work for us!

And for any gov-goons reading this, please let Russell go, and stop harassing him!

Caleb

ouch. i will pray for him. also, i will fast for him for a little while.

i don't think he will be in jail for 10 years.  :) I think the charge will be "failure to appear".

Barterer

Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 17, 2008, 02:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Barterer on March 17, 2008, 01:02 PM NHFT

I don't think we should hide anything, for we have nothing to hide. We, and Russell in particular, are doing nothing wrong. The gov-goons are the ones who are doing wrong.

Whatever we do in our pursuit of freedom, it should be above board and honest. The kinds of things that we do are the kinds of things where it shouldn't matter if they know our plans. In fact, if they know our plans, it should work for us!

I agree that it should work, and would work, if only the laws weren't already so convoluted that they can lock you up for anything.  Nowadays, it boils down to whether or not they like you, or if you look at them funny, or if they're on a politically correct crusade. "Blackie" warned Russell just this morning on the FTL board about the "silver bullet technique" that ex-wives use.

Your point is well taken though.  Fortunately with this forum software you can have both meant-to-publicize sections and private sections. A little privacy would have helped Russell in this case.. it's not like the cops are going to say "Oh, you're just here to peacefully demonstrate? Carry on then."  They knew where he'd be when, and snagged him on a totally unrelated issue.

kola

this is serious shit.

my prayers are with you guys, Kat.

Kola

Puke

"We" are doing nothing wrong, "we" should not be hiding.
(I do not speak for everyone, it's just easier to write it that way.)

Having secrets just gives people crazy ideas about what is really going on. Look at the Build-a-burgers. It's just a secret club of rich assholes and people think they control the weather and stupid shit like that.

Who can start making black armbands that say "Free Russell"?
Even better, have velcro where the name will be. Then we could use the armband for whoever gets kidnapped.

Good luck Russell and Kat.

Fuck the gov't.  >:(

Dave Ridley

kola

FTL is loaded with chumps and backstabbers and one asshole who wishes life threatening brain anurysms to others.

Kola

kola

look at the site, it appears russell was commenting about his situation etc. Fedgoons prolly picked up on it.

that is why one has to be careful what is said on forums.

damn goons are at it again,

Kola