• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 3/17/08

Started by Becky Thatcher, March 17, 2008, 09:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

hwrnhetcxyc

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 17, 2008, 06:12 PM NHFT
I can't articulate how agitated and unsettled I am.

You and me both - sick and tired of our peaceful friend being mistreated.

He deserves better. Kat deserves better. You deserve better. We all deserve better.

Dave Ridley

there...finally got a real video finished

second half is more interesting than the first for some reason.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pD9_-TtKPZ4

Coconut

You've probably seen me around these forums a bit more in the past month. As someone growing courage in our fight, Russell was someone I admired for his ability to face adversity with seemingly no fear. I really hope he's somehow free before Keene's Freedom Fest.

TackleTheWorld

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 17, 2008, 01:46 PM NHFT
Russell's being held on $10,000 bail.  I just called the courthouse and they said they don't have a court appearance scheduled yet.  It will be Superior Court in Keene.  The Keene cops aren't likely to know much about it, because it's the state guys who did it.  While we were standing in the lobby of the courthouse for David, the police prosecutor walked by, apparently saw Russell, knew him from before, and knew there was a warrant.

So, why is all this happening?

Russell, as you know, is a Christian.  When he married, he really meant for life.  His wife kicked him out without just cause.  She got everything...kids, house, all of Russell's personal possessions (which she wouldn't give to him).  Last he saw her she was driving a brand new Escalade.  After she kicked him out, she got a restraining order claiming he was violent (Mr. Pacifist, violent  ::)).  She refused to let him see his children.  She refuses to let him even call his children.  He decided he was not going to be a slave to some woman who treated him like that - to pay for her to take his children away from him.   He's offered to take the children.  He wanted nothing more than to stay there and raise the kids, be a family.  She chose otherwise.  Now he's in jail for not paying child support.  The kids don't even know why he doesn't call or see them - the mother lets them think he just doesn't care.  He won't be mean enough to her to tell the kids what's happening.

If he takes $50 off the debt for every day in jail, he'll be in there like 10 years.

Oh my gosh, this sucks!  I didn't know they could arrest you for owing child support, poor kids involved in something like this too when one parent is so spiteful and mean. 

Are they really going to keep Russell in jail until all of the "debt" is worked off?   I know there's not much I can do Kat but if you need someone to talk to or if you want to hang out sometime let me know. :hug:

mackler

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 17, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
The new era tyranny politely arrests and incarcerates you. Doesn't change what is happening, just softens the face so folks think it's ok.

The apt metaphor has become a cliché: the velvet glove on the iron fist.

Lloyd Danforth

But, How long will NH hold him for California?

Kat Kanning

When I called the court at 8 am, they said they were scheduling a court date and if I'd call back at 10:00, they could let me know when that would be.  When I called back at 10:00 Russell had already been to court.

Dave Ridley

what do you guys think are some good questions to ask the people we call? 

the ones i can think of off the top of my head:

What is is prisoner number
What is his status
what is his conditions
what are the charges
who is the victim
who is the judge handling his case
who is the prosecutor handling his case
what is the cost to taxpayers, per day you detain him
has he signed any government paperwork
is it true that in lieu of child support he has already bequeathed his house and all his posessions to his ex wife?

Dave Ridley

What would be the appropriate bureaucracy or location to picket if they extradite russell?
who do is the best person to ask for if calling to inquire about kat's allegations that they lied to her regarding russell's court appearance?

Kat Kanning

He doesn't need a prisoner number at cheshire co jail, just Russell Kanning 160 River Road, Westmoreland 03467

Kat Kanning

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2008, 09:40 AM NHFT
When I called back at 10:00 Russell had already been to court.

and? Any word on what the judge said?

Dave Ridley

just got off the phone with the superintendent who granted me a recorded interview using my new audio setup. posting excerpt to ridleyreport.com asap, probably will upload around 12:30 pm eastern

ok kat sorry...me putted words into your mouth, you think it's possible they were just mistaken?