• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 3/17/08

Started by Becky Thatcher, March 17, 2008, 09:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

firecracker joe

i can't believe this is where the taxes go , doesnt make me regret my decision not to feed the monster called covt.
isn't ironic that when they know you won;t pay their fine that they suspend it. What a fucking joke. congrats dave  youve' done what so many wish they dared to
i  hope russell gets back to his family and paper soon and wish the feds would get the hell out of NH now before they get the chance to wreck all of our lives,
FREE RUSSELL KANNING

kola

QuoteWe were told that he was taken to the Superior Court, when we got there we saw the sow female sheriffs deputy who participated in his arrest and asked politely where Russell had been taken. She made it very clear that she would not tell us anything about where they had taken him.

this pisses me off.

don't we have a legal right to know?

where does it say that gooncops have a right to avoid answering questions of such nature?

Kola 

Rocketman

Quote from: Vitruvian on March 17, 2008, 06:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddardGet me some names and phone numbers

Cheshire County Dept. of Corrections
160 River Road
Westmoreland, NH 03467
Phone: (603) 399-7794
Fax: (603) 399-8334

Richard N. Van Wickler, Superintendent
John Mousseau, Director of Safety and Security
Priscilla DeHotman, Director of Objective Jail Classification

Incidentally, Van Wickler is a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP).

I'm really sorry Russell has been incarcerated, and I hope he is free soon, but there are two comments I'd like to make:

(1) The staff at Cheshire County Corrections is unusually well-trained in human relations.  I know this because I've toured the place twice and I've conversed with much of the staff, including John Mousseau and Priscilla DeHotman.  If a person I care about had to be locked up, I'd want them to be in Richard Van Wickler's pen and not somebody else's.  So I hope that helps a little with people's peace of mind...

(2) Denis and Dada specifically asked how to contact the "perps."  These are not the people who decided Russell should be incarcerated, so I'm not sure what good it does to call them.

ravenest

We are so sorry to hear this, we will add him to our list for prayers.

d_goddard

Quote from: Rocketman on March 17, 2008, 07:53 PM NHFT
These are not the people who decided Russell should be incarcerated, so I'm not sure what good it does to call them.
Politely, courteously asking them about the status of a particular prisoner lets them know that many people are interested in the well-being of this prisoner.

Simple.

Tom Sawyer

QuoteThe staff at Cheshire County Corrections is unusually well-trained in human relations.

I would have to agree "well trained"... although my experience with the superintendent gave me a little different take on this.

We were outside the jail when Russell was held on the headlight out rap. I had walked the dog and came back because I say someone arrive that looked like someone that would mess with Kat and Kira. Turned out to be the superintendent, and he was all 'hi who are you' to each of us. Well his being our buddy was just an act. I've learned to test people in these situations by politely declining to give them what they are politely asking for and you often see the menace behind the false smile.

When he asked me who I was in his saccharin sweet manner I replied "I'm your friend" in the same sweet tone he used with me. His response was much more pointed when he said "So, you're refusing to identify yourself!" I just replied "I'm your friend." He then walked away, probably cause I was starting to roll tape..

The new era tyranny politely arrests and incarcerates you. Doesn't change what is happening, just softens the face so folks think it's ok.

Vitruvian

QuoteDenis and Dada specifically asked how to contact the "perps."  These are not the people who decided Russell should be incarcerated, so I'm not sure what good it does to call them.

For the moment, he is being held at the Cheshire County jail: that makes his captors there "perps."  I don't know who decided that Russell should be arrested, but Richard van Wickler currently has him locked in a steel-and-concrete cage, away from his friends and family.

Rocketman

Quote from: d_goddard on March 17, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT
These are not the people who decided Russell should be incarcerated, so I'm not sure what good it does to call them.
Politely, courteously asking them about the status of a particular prisoner lets them know that many people are interested in the well-being of this prisoner.

Simple.

Ok, cool... and Tom, I didn't mean to start a philosophical discussion about the new era tyranny.  I'll go away again...  :Bolt:

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Rocketman on March 17, 2008, 08:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on March 17, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT

Simple.

Ok, cool... and Tom, I didn't mean to start a philosophical discussion about the new era tyranny.  I'll go away again...  :Bolt:

Rocketman, don't leave on my account. You're one of the folks that I like.  :)

I was just trying to illustrate that just cause someone is cordial doesn't mean they are a good guy. It is a way to disarm you.

Jacobus

My thoughts are with Russell. 

Caleb

it would be good to find out whether he can get stamps. maybe we can start to make a list of questions to ask. i'm going to call tomorrow and i'll ask a question or two.

and let's try to keep our hopes up. i don't think it's good to think that he'll be locked up a long time. i really don't believe that. they're mad because he didn't go to their little hearing a few months back. if he had shown up and respected their authoritah they wouldn't have thrown him in jail, they would have set up payment arrangements, or whatever their little reaction might have been. he's in jail because he didn't bend the knee and play their game. nh wants their cut of anything he has.

caleb's prediction: this is a failure to appear violation, and a contempt of court violation. a couple months in the slammer cause he won't play their game.  :)

dalebert

I hope you're right Caleb. I'm not very familiar with these games yet. It all seems very complex and arbitrary.

MattLeft

If NH's Child Support laws function like Florida (and many other states), he's being held under a Contempt of Court charge, as opposed to a criminal infraction.  It's dollar amount isn't regarded as a bail-able offense.  No surety bonds will be acceptable, only cash bonds.  That means if the bond is $10,000, he will either have to pay that entire amount, or trade time for dollars.  No going through a bondsman for ten percent.

David

You're right, the jail told us it was a 10 K cash bond/bail. 

Jitgos

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 17, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
QuoteThe staff at Cheshire County Corrections is unusually well-trained in human relations.

When he asked me who I was in his saccharin sweet manner I replied "I'm your friend" in the same sweet tone he used with me. His response was much more pointed when he said "So, you're refusing to identify yourself!" I just replied "I'm your friend." He then walked away, probably cause I was starting to roll tape..

The new era tyranny politely arrests and incarcerates you. Doesn't change what is happening, just softens the face so folks think it's ok.

I love it! I'm going to use that. Brilliant. I just love their questions and suggestions that are really demands.

Quotetrade time for dollars

That really makes a lot of sense </sarcasm>. Trade time for dollars when the time is costing the taxpayer far more than what is "owed". How ridiculous.