• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 3/17/08

Started by Becky Thatcher, March 17, 2008, 09:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm

Quote from: srqrebel on March 18, 2008, 01:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT
So Mindy Kanning could stop all this, before Russell gets sent to federal prison for two years.

And if she does not, she is on track to be a prime candidate for charter inductee into the coming network of ostracism databases.

What would that accomplish?  Who among us has any dealings with her?

picaro

Aye.   Perhaps a heart-felt plea to Mindy to forgive the 'debt' might work.

Kat Kanning

I went down to the courthouse, since I couldn't get anything out of them over the phone.  He is being held until he fills out the financial affadafit and tells them his employment status.  So basically, they keep him forever since he won't give in.  The judge is Judge Taylor and the case worker is Justine Guay.

He has visiting hours for 1 hour every Monday 6-8 pm.  I think that means he is in maximum security again.

kola

call local news stations and better yet, let Alex Jones know what is happening.

We can bet ol margot will spin it as will most other msm mediawhores.

I can see her now " Deadbeat Dad and Violent Militia/Tax Protester Finally Captured. 

Alex will attract more viewers and print the truth.

kola

malcolm

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
He has visiting hours for 1 hour every Monday 6-8 pm.

Is this New Math?  (Not making fun of you, Kat.  Just wondering if the Spooks can count.)

Kat Kanning

It means you could visit him from:
6:00-7:00
6:01-7:01
6:02-7:02
6:03-7:03
6:04-7:04
7:00-8:00

jaqeboy

Quote from: Coconut on March 18, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
To the child support experts: What are the laws regarding children out of marriage? Does the mother have to file a request for child support at a local court?

You'd probably be best off asking them over at NCFC-NH, since their knowledge would be current. I was president of the Fathers United for Equal Justice group for 4 years, but that was a (gulp) couple of decades ago, when my daughter was little. In general, though, the judges, I believe, have wide discretion to act in loco parentis for the child, ie, to make sure the child is not neglected. So, I think they would act on the petition of anyone, married or not. I believe the New-Hampshire statutes state that the parents have the responsibility to support the child, and I don't think that statute refers at all to marital status. Best to consult a lawyer or someone who is current on this, since the law changes.

planetaryjim

Kat, I'm very saddened to learn of Russell's arrest.  My best wishes to him, you, and everyone involved in getting him free.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to be of service.

coffeeseven

"But, like any other past-due debt, the obligee, typically a mother, may forgive what is owed to her."

So Mindy Kanning could stop all this, before Russell gets sent to federal prison for two years.

My prayers are with you guys. It's a rock and a hard place well I know. I thought this was a state thing. Did you really mean federal prison?

kola

.[4] And in the case of United States of America v. Sage, U.S. Court of Appeals (2nd Cir., 1996), the court upheld the constitutionality of a law allowing federal fines and up to two years imprisonment for a person willfully failing to pay more than $5,000 in child support over a year or more when said child resides in a different state from that of the non-custodial parent.

David

Could an admin put in the news header at the forum top that Russell is in jail. 

srqrebel

Quote from: malcolm on March 18, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
He has visiting hours for 1 hour every Monday 6-8 pm.

Is this New Math?  (Not making fun of you, Kat.  Just wondering if the Spooks can count.)

;D ;D ;D

srqrebel

Quote from: malcolm on March 18, 2008, 02:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on March 18, 2008, 01:13 PM NHFT

And if she does not, she is on track to be a prime candidate for charter inductee into the coming network of ostracism databases.

What would that accomplish?  Who among us has any dealings with her?

I understand that it would probably accomplish nothing at all at first.  Appeals can be made to her before Russell gets sent to prison, but I was clearly speaking about after the fact.

The thing about ostracism databases, is that they will not have much effect until they come into widespread use.  Yet, people traditionally do not want to participate in something that is not instantly effective.  That is one of the major hurdles to ostracism databases.  I suppose they will initially have to garner popularity at a local level among true believers in free market solutions, such as myself.

Still, if such a database is established, it needs to be as comprehensive as possible.  It may take decades before it attains such widespread use that far-away criminals and criminal conspirators such as Russell's ex actually feel the heat from it, but it has to start somewhere if it is ever going to be an effective tool.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: srqrebel on March 19, 2008, 01:17 PM NHFT
The thing about ostracism databases, is that they will not have much effect until they come into widespread use.  Yet, people traditionally do not want to participate in something that is not instantly effective.  That is one of the major hurdles to ostracism databases.  I suppose they will initially have to garner popularity at a local level among true believers in free market solutions, such as myself.

That's why what we are working on is much more than a simple list of those to be ostracized. Think of it as a full blown reputation management system.

d_goddard

Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 19, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on March 19, 2008, 01:17 PM NHFT
The thing about ostracism databases, is that they will not have much effect until they come into widespread use.

That's why what we are working on is much more than a simple list of those to be ostracized. Think of it as a full blown reputation management system.

That still doesn't answer Menno's concern, or mine either.
Metcalfe's law applies to any relationship management system. The value is low unless/until lots of people use it.