• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

House backs pot decriminalization

Started by ny2nh, March 18, 2008, 02:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

Well give him a doobie, m'kay. That'll loosen his necktie, m'kay.  :)

d_goddard

Apparently Guinta backed out of meeting with people at the Reagan Network tonight.

ny2nh

Quote from: d_goddard on March 27, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT
Apparently Guinta backed out of meeting with people at the Reagan Network tonight.

Probably because he has decided against his run for governor. His budget has to be presented before the end of the month...that only leaves a few more days to work on it.

d_goddard

Quote from: ny2nh on March 27, 2008, 01:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on March 27, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT

he has decided against his run for governor

Great!
:wav:

Let him stay Mayor of Manchester. That's not a lot of substantive damage to our liberties he can do there, except spend too much, and that's the one area he's good on -- not stealing (much of) the People's Wealth.
Hooray for Frank!

watershed

Another self-righteous, elitist fu*k!

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: lildog on March 26, 2008, 02:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 21, 2008, 04:39 PM NHFTPolice-statist Giuliani's major claim to fame is that, as New York City mayor, he "cleaned up crime" in the city (e.g., by arresting the homeless), and Manchester's "tough on crime" mayor endorsed him, which implies he endorses that, which made me very wary of supporting him.

I don't think that's a valid conclusion to draw.  People often times support or choose not to support a candidate based on only a handful of stances and not the candidates entire resume.  Often times you will find that choices presented to you of those running will leave you without someone who you agree with 100% so you're left having to pick who you support the most of what choices you have. 

It wasn't a conclusion, it was grounds for suspicion. I'll draw a conclusion if I actually see him do something that confirms it. Manchester is currently working on some sort of "ten-year plan" to end homelessness in the city, so we'll see.

Beth221

am i living in the wrong part of town?  I havent seen one homeless person, or anyone begging me for money.

I lived in a much larger city, in the "good" part of the city, and had my car broken into, for the change out of the console. 

Manchester doesnt seem to have a crime problem, well, not the type I was living with back in my old city. 

I havent heard one single gun shot, or seen a fight, or a car jacking, no hookers, no johns, no beggers.  Where is the bad part of Manch?

J’raxis 270145

They congregate in Veteran's park and a few other places up and down Elm St.. Didn't Dan actually interview a bunch of homeless guys there during his Ridleo training?

The area where Pine and Hanover cross, too, seems to always have crowds of, I guess I'd say, "homeless-looking" people loitering about the sidewalks. And there's a shelter on Manchester St., and a sort of daytime assistance place on Orange St..

mackler

Quote from: Scowlin' Sara Jones on March 28, 2008, 10:23 PM NHFT
am i living in the wrong part of town?  I havent seen one homeless person, or anyone begging me for money.

I lived in a much larger city, in the "good" part of the city, and had my car broken into, for the change out of the console. 

Manchester doesnt seem to have a crime problem, well, not the type I was living with back in my old city. 

I havent heard one single gun shot, or seen a fight, or a car jacking, no hookers, no johns, no beggers.  Where is the bad part of Manch?

Yes, I want to know also where is the ghetto?

While we're on the subject, where is Chinatown?
Where is the gay part of town.
And where is the hip, artsy, alternative neighborhood?

ny2nh

Quote from: mackler on March 29, 2008, 02:32 AM NHFT
Well, Omega is now Murphy's, so I'm not sure where that would be....
The Manchester Buffet in Shaw's Plaza on So. Willow St.
Where is the gay part of town.
313? The Element?
And where is the hip, artsy, alternative neighborhood?
Peterborough? : )

Seriously though...Manchester, while considered a large city, doesn't seem to have the sections that yo might typically find in one. The ghetto - I would have to guess the center city area - Lake & Pine? - it's hardly a ghetto. We do have homeless and there is actually a plan to try and help get some of them back into housing, working, etc. They do tend to be more common in Veteran's Park and on Elm St. A gay neighborhood???? I wouldn't know - us Feds are all bigots and homophobes you know. : )

SethCohn

Quote from: ny2nh on March 29, 2008, 05:41 AM NHFT
The ghetto - I would have to guess the center city area - Lake & Pine? - it's hardly a ghetto.

In 2004, during the first tour I got of Manchester, the 'bad' part of town was east of downtown, northern side of Manchester.  Of course, it wasn't very 'bad'.

The Manchester Buffet in Shaw's Plaza on So. Willow St.

Hehe... Seriously, Chinatown is in Boston... nothing in NH compares.

Beth221

We do have homeless and there is actually a plan to try and help get some of them back into housing, working, etc. They do tend to be more common in Veteran's Park and on Elm St.

A plan?  Am I not free to live homeless in NH?  Would if I choose to be homeless, and dont want to work, or live in a house??  What is that "plan" gonna do to me? 

hehe, I am just busting your balls a little bit. 

41mag

City Hall Plaza area?   >:D

ny2nh

Quote from: Scowlin' Sara Jones on March 29, 2008, 10:03 AM NHFT
We do have homeless and there is actually a plan to try and help get some of them back into housing, working, etc. They do tend to be more common in Veteran's Park and on Elm St.

A plan?  Am I not free to live homeless in NH?  Would if I choose to be homeless, and dont want to work, or live in a house??  What is that "plan" gonna do to me? 

hehe, I am just busting your balls a little bit. 

I thought a ten-year plan sounded weird, too. I guess it's more of finding a way for those who choose not to be homeless to stop being so. Yes, there are some that just choose to be homeless.....why, I never could understand.  :-\

Bust away whenever you want - I can take it.  ;)

mackler

Manchester, while considered a large city, doesn't seem to have the sections that yo might typically find in one. The ghetto - I would have to guess the center city area - Lake & Pine? - it's hardly a ghetto. We do have homeless and there is actually a plan to try and help get some of them back into housing, working, etc. They do tend to be more common in Veteran's Park and on Elm St. A gay neighborhood???? I wouldn't know - us Feds are all bigots and homophobes you know. : )

Sounds bland.  Does Manchester even have neighborhoods?  Or is it just either "downtown" or not?