• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

House backs pot decriminalization

Started by ny2nh, March 18, 2008, 02:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Landon, we each have to move at our own pace. Don't scare Denis off.  8)

Landon Jeffery

Quote from: Landon Jeffery on March 19, 2008, 09:18 PM NHFT

I would like you to agree to do some CivDis even if it doesn't pass.  If you have principled beliefs that you should choose what you put in your body then it is the only honorable thing to do.

Sorry dennis.  I didn't mean to come off as pushy.  I'll try to restrain myself from being this way.   :-\

Tom Sawyer

Denis plays politics... he's got to have a thick skin.  :)
Heck, he can tolerate FTL's forum, at least we don't fling our dung... oh what a minute, that's not true anymore.  ;D

d_goddard

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 19, 2008, 10:46 PM NHFT
Heck, he can tolerate FTL's forum
FTL's forum is mostly immature bullshitting & socializing; NHFree is about principled people DOING REAL THINGS.
That said, the NHFree forum is home to the most intolerant, disrespectful discourse I've run across on the 'net.
And that includes when I used to hang out on alt.flame

Caleb

with all due respect, it doesn't get much more disrespectful than ftl's discussion of jesse's current situation. i almost stopped amping over that.

KBCraig

Guinta threatens a state rep's job for daring to vote in favor of the marijuana decrim bill:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Marijuana+vote+draws+fire&articleId=4f7cb02b-ee24-42a2-9185-083d0144c820

Marijuana vote draws fire

By JOHN WHITSON AND SCOTT BROOKS
New Hampshire Union Leader
4 minutes ago

MANCHESTER – Mayor Frank Guinta has asked state Rep. David Scannell to resign as spokesman for the Manchester school district after Scannell voted Tuesday to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Scannell insisted he will not resign, saying his vote is a form of political speech protected by the U.S. Constitution. He also raised the possibility he would take legal action against the mayor or anyone who tries to strip away his job.

In a letter signed yesterday, Guinta said Scannell's vote on the bill, which passed the House but is unlikely to become law, "permanently and irrevocably harms" Scannell's ability to serve Manchester's schools. The mayor argued Scannell's resignation is necessary to "help restore the integrity" of district anti-drug policies.

"He's the face of the district," Guinta said yesterday. "He interacts with kids on a daily basis, and he is taking a position to decriminalize marijuana. That is counter to logic, in my view."

More at the link above.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: d_goddard on March 19, 2008, 11:19 PM NHFT
FTL's forum is mostly immature bullshitting & socializing; NHFree is about principled people DOING REAL THINGS.
That said, the NHFree forum is home to the most intolerant, disrespectful discourse I've run across on the 'net.
And that includes when I used to hang out on alt.flame

Sorry Denis, I was attempting to defuse a situation and make welcome a new participant. It was intended to be humor.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on March 20, 2008, 01:48 AM NHFT
Guinta threatens a state rep's job for daring to vote in favor of the marijuana decrim bill:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Marijuana+vote+draws+fire&articleId=4f7cb02b-ee24-42a2-9185-083d0144c820

Marijuana vote draws fire

By JOHN WHITSON AND SCOTT BROOKS
New Hampshire Union Leader
4 minutes ago

MANCHESTER – Mayor Frank Guinta has asked state Rep. David Scannell to resign as spokesman for the Manchester school district after Scannell voted Tuesday to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Scannell insisted he will not resign, saying his vote is a form of political speech protected by the U.S. Constitution. He also raised the possibility he would take legal action against the mayor or anyone who tries to strip away his job.

In a letter signed yesterday, Guinta said Scannell's vote on the bill, which passed the House but is unlikely to become law, "permanently and irrevocably harms" Scannell's ability to serve Manchester's schools. The mayor argued Scannell's resignation is necessary to "help restore the integrity" of district anti-drug policies.

"He's the face of the district," Guinta said yesterday. "He interacts with kids on a daily basis, and he is taking a position to decriminalize marijuana. That is counter to logic, in my view."

More at the link above.

That's something good that comes from this bill... it shows that you aren't even allowed to talk about the issue.

Hey, wasn't this the guy that was supposed to be our buddy. F*@kin' fascists.

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on March 20, 2008, 01:48 AM NHFT
The mayor argued Scannell's resignation is necessary to "help restore the integrity" of district anti-drug policies.

This is my favorite part. The integrity of all these fascist laws is threatened when we openly challenge the origin of authority of the state, and that's a very good thing.

Free libertarian

I wonder if Mayor Guinta thinks free speech is worth protecting?  ...not sure what he's been smoking but it must be pretty good stuff...he's hallucinating that he's the decider!

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Caleb on March 19, 2008, 11:37 PM NHFT
with all due respect, it doesn't get much more disrespectful than ftl's discussion of jesse's current situation. i almost stopped amping over that.

Considering we have not yet discussed Jesse's situation on the air (we're waiting for his dad to be ready to call in), you must be referring to the thread posted by BBS participants.   Thank you for not punishing me for the callousness of some individuals.   :-\

ReverendRyan

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 20, 2008, 09:49 AM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on March 19, 2008, 11:37 PM NHFT

Considering we have not yet discussed Jesse's situation on the air (we're waiting for his dad to be ready to call in), you must be referring to the thread posted by BBS participants.   Thank you for not punishing me for the callousness of some individuals.   :-\

Have you not considered asking his sister?

FTL_Ian

From their blog posts, I didn't get the impression she had been seeing him as much as his dad.

Anyway, back to pot decriminalization...

David

Quote from: d_goddard on March 19, 2008, 11:19 PM NHFT
That said, the NHFree forum is home to the most intolerant, disrespectful discourse I've run across on the 'net.And that includes when I used to hang out on alt.flame
????
I realize the morality discussions over the 'proper' form of activism have tuned a lot of politically active folks away, but a vast majority is not disrespectful, and most is not even intolerant.  Of course there is bound to be differing opinions, many quite passionate, anytime the morality of something is questioned.  But that doesn't make it intolerant.