• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Video of judicial system brought to a halt

Started by TackleTheWorld, March 19, 2008, 11:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

srqrebel

Quote from: Coconut on March 20, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT
I think the point is to treat the judge as everyone else is treated. So staying seated, or not dressing up is acceptable. Farting in their faces or turning your back wouldn't be following that logic.

Exactly.

srqrebel

Quote from: David on March 20, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
...I also think it is important not to make it personal to the enforcer.  I showed respect for the judge, but not deference. 

Very well stated, David... and well done! :)

Kat Kanning

"I don't bow for kings, nor rise for judges."

I like that.

KBCraig

Quote from: David on March 20, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
I showed respect for the judge, but not deference. 

The judge probably even understands the distinction, because he is shown deference every day by people who have absolutely no respect for him.

John

I can't read all of this right now - BUT - THANK YOU DAVID!
I sure wish I could have been there (I always love being in Keene.)  >:D
GOOD JOB!

mackler

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 19, 2008, 10:44 PM NHFT
Or robes.

I think you might be onto something here.  Wearing hats is against the rules, but I'll bet you're allowed to wear a wig.  And if everyone were wearing robes and those judge-wigs they use in England.  That would really throw the court-appointed judge for a loop.

And for extra effect, we bring our own bailiff, and when we see the court bailiff about to say "all rise," our bailiff cuts him off and yells "all rise!  court is in session!" so it appears the court minions are obeying us.

dalebert

It's not something I do to get a rise out of the judge or anyone else in the court. It's a statement that I want to reach the general public. I don't think much is accomplished by pissing off the judge. It seems to me none of this means anything unless and until word gets out. I don't want to be knee-jerk about civil disobedience. It works best when it's planned out and you have some idea of the outcome you want from it. If one day a judge arrests me for not rising, the hope is it will get some attention and then I will have a response to explain and defend my actions on the basis of free speech. Hopefully it will sound imminently reasonable to a lot of people and cause them to question their assumptions about authority. I'd like us to become known as a group who shows up to support our own and who don't rise for the judge, and hopefully that can lead to dialogue about the blind allegiance to this corrupt excuse for a system of justice.

I think David's motivations make sense too- to make it more difficult to enforce these ridiculous extortion schemes. They exist for profit so make them unprofitable.

kola

maybe David should send Judge "Exit-Stage-Left" a thank you card?

srqrebel

Quote from: kola on March 20, 2008, 06:14 PM NHFT
maybe David should send Judge "Exit-Stage-Left" a thank you card?

??? Sarcasm?

Thank him for being less of a criminal than he could have been?

He only deserves a thank you the day he quits his part in enabling a system that creates victims where none exist.

John

Quote from: mackler on March 20, 2008, 03:27 PM NHFTAnd for extra effect, we bring our own bailiff, and when we see the court bailiff about to say "all rise," our bailiff cuts him off and yells "all rise!  court is in session!" so it appears the court minions are obeying us.

Too funny! LOL  :o

John

BTW, "black robes" are plentiful at thrift shops after graduations.  ;)

David

Saw U turn Dave today.  He is doing well.  I asked him if he has heard anything from the courts yet, he said no.   :)

Lloyd Danforth

Was the lovely, folksinger, Lauren with him?  Next time you see him, tell him he owes me 15 bucks.

dalebert

David

Yup, Lauren, was with him...as his fiance'.   :)