• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Video of judicial system brought to a halt

Started by TackleTheWorld, March 19, 2008, 11:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mackler

When not standing up loses its impact, you should next move on to wearing hats.

Kat Kanning

Vitruvian

kola

or farting really loud right after they say "all rise"..let one rip and echo it off the wooden bench!

Kat Kanning

Beth221

or rise, and turn your back to the judge. 

David

The focus on civ dis should be on the police, as they are the front line of enForcement.  The judge is the last line. 

Kat Kanning

Coconut

Quote from: Scowlin' Sara Jones on March 20, 2008, 08:18 AM NHFT

I think the point is to treat the judge as everyone else is treated. So staying seated, or not dressing up is acceptable. Farting in their faces or turning your back wouldn't be following that logic.

David

Quote from: Coconut on March 20, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

I think the point is to treat the judge as everyone else is treated. So staying seated, or not dressing up is acceptable. Farting in their faces or turning your back wouldn't be following that logic.
Agree. 

Beth221

Quote from: David on March 20, 2008, 09:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on March 20, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Agree. 

well i didnt say fart.

If they catch on to all of you not rising to the judge, you could say something like yes, we will rise, (but just turn your back.)

I can see the court taking issue with not rising, in the future.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Scowlin' Sara Jones on March 20, 2008, 10:44 AM NHFT
If they catch on to all of you not rising to the judge, you could say something like yes, we will rise, (but just turn your back.)

I can see the court taking issue with not rising, in the future.

We have done it a handful of times and no one has taken issue.  If you stand and turn around, you're still doing what they asked you to do.

I don't think any of us will ever be standing for a judge again. 

Beth221

David

In case the judge had and issue with us not standing, (he did, but didn't say anything) I had written my response down (memory like swiss cheese, didn't want to forget it).  'I don't bow for kings, or rise for judges.'
I also think it is important not to make it personal to the enforcer.  I showed respect for the judge, but not deference. 
As a non violent resister, I can't really 'get back' at an overzealous police officer, or later, judge.  So it is in my interests to make it known why I am resisting, resist, but not make it personal.  At least that is the approach that I think will work.   :)