• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fasting for Russell's release

Started by Kat Kanning, March 19, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on March 31, 2008, 02:48 PM NHFT
I just read the post by Scott Roth and wanted to point out that I do it a bit differently.

I think it's good to make each batch fresh. After all, you're not cooking anymore so you have all this extra time, it doesn't hurt to juice the lemons in smaller batches several times a day.

Also, make sure that you either get Grade B Maple Syrup (or Grade A but Dark).

Anyways, I squeeze one lemon at a time and that usually makes a glass (10oz) and a half. So I'm always drinking it fresh. Also, depending on how you're squeezing your lemond make sure to leave the pulp, just take out the seeds. The pulp helps to make it feel like food and gives you something to chew on, albeit not very much. :-)

The first couple of days are tough but then it gets easier.

One difference between when I did it last year and this year is that this time I've also been drinking salt water, man is that stuff nasty. I puked this morning after drinking 32oz. I'm probably not going to drink anymore, unless I become constipated.

My sister got sick from the salt water drink too but I liked it.  It should be Celtic Sea Salt too because of the density having something to do with cleaning your blood or something like that.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on March 31, 2008, 03:54 PM NHFT
My understanding is that you do lose some good bacteria in the process of any of these fasts but that you build them backup after the fast so it's not that big of a deal.

I guess you could take a good probiotic too, right?

Lex

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on March 31, 2008, 03:54 PM NHFT
My understanding is that you do lose some good bacteria in the process of any of these fasts but that you build them backup after the fast so it's not that big of a deal.

Ah. To the extent that one can have digestion issues when one switches off of this diet back onto solid food? I know that can sometimes happen when people take antibiotics for a while...

Lex

I'm past the first two days and I finally feel perfectly normal. The only strange thing is that I don't have to cook or eat anything anymore, otherwise I don't feel hungry or tired or sick.

I think fasting is fascinating if for no other reason than just going through your day without thinking about breakfast, lunch or dinner. It feels very foreign. Your day is suddenly not subdivided into these before/after meal blocks.

Eating is a funny habit but surprisingly easy to break. It took me only two days last year and the same amount this time around.

BaneOfTheBeast

Quote from: Scott Roth on March 30, 2008, 06:40 PM NHFT
It's also known as The Lemonade Diet.  For the 5 day cleanse, it consists of:

30 Organic Lemons
1 Quart of Organic Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Sea Salt
5 gallons of pure water, approximately
1 ounce of Cayenne Pepper

I mix this all together and put it in gallon jugs.  I drink 1 gallon of the mixture each day,
and also take an herbal laxative to help the stimulation process. 

Clears the mind, purifies the blood and helps to clear up any skin problems.

The book "The Complete Master Cleanse" by Tom Woloshyn can be found at Borders or on Amazon.
Um... I'm not trying to be snippy here, but I happen to have a lot of experience in this department, and well... I get a little annoyed with half-assed information when it comes to something as serious as fasting.
I'm not sure what "The Complete Master Cleanse" by Tom Woloshyn is, but it seems based upon "The Master Cleanser" by Stanley Burroughs - you can get the complete book in PDF form here: http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf
I would strongly advise anyone looking to do a "lemonade diet" or cleanse to read it before they go mixing 30 lemons with water and syrup or whatever - fasting is not to be taken lightly or without full knowledge of the process.

The instructions you gave seem off, and incomplete - for example, its not a good idea to make more than a days worth (which is not necessarily a gallon) at a time. The enzymes and cleansing properties of the drink lessen and die off the longer it sits, especially if its more than a day...
Also, it probably isn;t a good idea to ingest salt with the lemon cocktail - its suppose to be used for flushing out your system, first thing in the morning, before you consume any lemonade - otherwise you flush away what little nutrients are provided by the drink...
And its not just maple syrup - organic or otherwise... it very specifically should be grade B or C maple syrup. Otherwise its just sugar - the point of the syrup is the minerals it provides. You wont get that in super-refined grade A varieties, which is mostly whats on the market.
You also mentioned in another post that a laxative tea wasn;t necessary - well if you're not going to be doing the salt water flush properly/at all, it certainly is! You're body has to eliminate the toxins that are loosened from your cells and organs (which without food requires some encouragement) - otherwise you will get very sick!
And lastly, you're actually suppose to do the cleanse for a minimum of ten days - ten days is not the max. Now some people will only do it for 3 days here and there and thats fine too, but you actually wont reach optimum benefits and healing until day 8-15 and beyond for healing on a cellular level... which is detailed here: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=265174#i I've been on this fast for three weeks+ before and was completely fine - I also know of people who have done it up to 60 days!

I'm sorry if I seem to be attacking your posts - I'm actually thrilled that there seems to be more people seeking out these methods - I just don't want people hurting themselves or making themselves sick.

Landon Jeffery

I don't reccomend making a big batch of the stuff either as I did and apparently it began to ferment as is apparent in this photo...

You can notice the bulging of the container is evident of the building gasses released in the process of fermentation.  Now I have wasted my valuable money making cheap lemon wine.  gah...

coffeeseven

Quote from: Landon Jeffery on April 02, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
I don't reccomend making a big batch of the stuff either as I did and apparently it began to ferment...

Cleansing hooch!!! ;D

Lex

Quote from: Landon Jeffery on April 02, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
I don't reccomend making a big batch of the stuff either as I did and apparently it began to ferment as is apparent in this photo...

You can notice the bulging of the container is evident of the building gasses released in the process of fermentation.  Now I have wasted my valuable money making cheap lemon wine.  gah...

Wait, did you keep that in the fridge and just take it out to make the photo?

Or where you storing it like that to begin with?

Both maple syrup (after it's opened) and lemon juice are perishable items so you have to keep them in a fridge.

Landon Jeffery

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on April 03, 2008, 06:23 AM NHFT

Both maple syrup (after it's opened) and lemon juice are perishable items so you have to keep them in a fridge.

:duh:   Your right and I did not put it in the refridgerator.   I should have thought better but ya see I live with a roommate that just stuffs the fridge full of junk so it would have taken a considerable amount of refridgerator cleaning to put it in there!

coffeeseven

I juiced all of my lemons this morning and did the math for a fresh batch every morning. I bought some sandwich sized zipper bags and put each day's lemon juice in them then in the freezer. Here's how it worked out per person, per day for each of the 5 days.

1 Gallon of water
7 liquid ounces lemon juice
6.4 liquid ounces syrup
6.4 grams cayenne pepper

Kat Kanning

Day 24 without eating  :o  I'm having a quart of watermelon juice right now  :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Landon Jeffery on April 03, 2008, 12:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on April 03, 2008, 06:23 AM NHFT

:duh:   Your right and I did not put it in the refridgerator.   I should have thought better but ya see I live with a roommate that just stuffs the fridge full of junk so it would have taken a considerable amount of refridgerator cleaning to put it in there!

That really sucks, I feel sorry for you! :(  It did remind me though that I've got to clean the refrigerator out today. ::)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 03, 2008, 01:18 PM NHFT
Day 24 without eating  :o  I'm having a quart of watermelon juice right now  :)

Wow Kat that's a long time but your juicing right?  I love watermelon juice but too much makes me dizzy.  I bet your losing tons of weight that's what I need to do even though I understand your fasting for different reasons. :(

Kat Kanning

18 lbs so far.  It's slowed way down after the first week...maybe 0.2 lb/day.