• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Menno's Grand Plan Finally Unveiled

Started by Friday, March 09, 2008, 06:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 20, 2008, 11:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 20, 2008, 11:20 AM NHFT
That's a great idea, some sort of alternatives exposition maybe.  ;D

[ AltExpo.org ]

What?!? You mean somebody already thought of this!!! What a cool idea! How do I join???

Looks like their site is a little out-of-date -- are they really going to be at the Keene Freedom Fest and at PorcFest and maybe at Burning Porcupine??

Perhaps they could use some more volunteers to help them organize their site better, and create some more up-to-date content. I bet they'd be very appreciative of any help. They do seem to have a contact email: info@altexpo.org

:)

srqrebel

Quote from: dalebert on March 19, 2008, 01:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on March 19, 2008, 12:22 PM NHFT
Can anyone come up with a list of NH freedom activists who have migrated, or are migrating, from being strictly outside-the-system activists, to participating in politics?

Add me to the list. My enlightenment happened during the Ron Paul campaign as well, and was quite rapid.

No, Dale, you do not belong on THAT list.  Go back and read my post more carefully ;)

8)

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on March 20, 2008, 01:04 AM NHFT
This is why I say that anarchy might be preferable, but government is inevitable. (I hope to be proved wrong on the latter point.)

I say it a lot but I'll say it again. Anarchy isn't a goal, KB. It's a path. When individuals reject force as a means for solving problems, the world will gradually become a better place to live in. It's not a new system to be implemented collectively. It's an individual philosophy that affects how we judge what is acceptable or unacceptable in a civilized society. It's OK to believe that we'll never do away with the state. That seems like a common sense prediction to me considering how deeps its tendrils are. What's absolutely counter to any progress in the right direction is thinking it's actually necessary and justifying its existence.

Caleb

i think that as people make this shift, the world gets better in more ways than just that there is less state. i think overall life improves. one of the benefits (or, depending on your viewpoint, downsides) of my job is that i get a lot of time throughout the day just to think. and lately i've been spending a lot of time thinking about how my life as a whole improves as I shake the control dynamic from my thinking. one of my own observations about myself is that i've sort of had a tendency to let the frustration with the state consume me. it has kind of set my course. and i think that it is important to stand up to people who are hurting others, but i don't want that to define me. so i've been trying consciously to put the state out of my mind, and concentrate on the benefits of life. cause the state isn't life. and to enjoy life and the freedom to be and to live. i'm never going to live to see a world without a state. but i can experience real tangible benefits from shaking this control dynamic right now. it has occurred to me that life seems like so much less of a struggle when you don't have to feel like you must be accountable for what other people do. i think most of our intentional crime is caused by people rebelling against the moral law just because they feel so powerless, and it's a way of feeling empowered, of throwing off constraint so as to feel more liberated.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 14, 2008, 02:37 PM NHFT
P.S.: So you're not wondering if I missed it now—I did see your reply to my "legislative strategy," but I haven't had time to construct a proper answer yet. I'll probably be posting a follow-up sometime this weekend.

srqrebel:—

By the way, my answer to most of your questions, I think, is this conversation I had with Caleb.

sfchik

Quote from: Caleb on March 13, 2008, 08:11 PM NHFT
longer? I think he's just getting sidetracked by all the elderly women he finds hot.  ;D

Now, now, let's not pick on him too much for hanging with the blue haired although I do remember him having better taste when he lived in FL. ;)

Menno, I'm so sorry sweetie, I just couldn't resist.

srqrebel

Quote from: sfchik on March 22, 2008, 12:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on March 13, 2008, 08:11 PM NHFT
longer? I think he's just getting sidetracked by all the elderly women he finds hot.  ;D

Now, now, let's not pick on him too much for hanging with the blue haired although I do remember him having better taste when he lived in FL. ;)

Menno, I'm so sorry sweetie, I just couldn't resist.

:laughing1: :-X