• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

RFQ: Total website redevelopment

Started by JonM, March 19, 2008, 12:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

My sister is looking to move her business onto a totally new platform, with no restrictions on what technology can be proposed.  Her current site is retropets.com and runs a mixture of ASP and ASP.NET.  I'm figure the *nix world has many more possibilities available, and a greater number of developers should yield more affordable rates.

At the very minimum almost all the functionality you see on that site must be duplicated on the new site, shopping cart, catalog display, her 15 fun questions thing, requested breeds to make prints of, email prints to people, stores, links, search functions, etc.  She also has a wholesale cart that Matt Paulson worked on.  That functionality needs to be duplicated and improved.  It allows a table display of her prints, and you can fill in multiple lines with order quantities.  New features like price breaks at quantities will need to be added, coupon discounts and other things.

If you're interested, PM me.  She will be working on the requirement document later this week and next week.  Input is appreciated, as I'm sure there are nifty things you might think of she hasn't.

PowerPenguin

There are some decent ASP --> PHP converter tools out there that, while not automatic, greatly reduce the amount of manual translation that has to take place. I'd be lying if I said I could do it (I just know enough to hack stuff and troubleshoot), but that would be a place to start.

JonM

While the functionality of what is there is desired to be kept, I think translating that mismash of ASP and ASP.NET is literally more trouble than it is worth.

Ron Helwig

If I knew the ecommerce stuff for Drupal, I'd be looking into it. However, I'm a n00b in that arena.

JonM

Druapl ecommerce is a moving target still in alpha.