• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Requesting your feedback please

Started by dalebert, March 22, 2008, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I've been working on a new logo for the Anarchy In Your Head site. The first one where the top of the head breaks into four pieces was closer to my original concept. The second one is a simpler one that I decided to try. This will be an image at the top of my website and perhaps on gear. Which do you like best? Do you have suggestions for changes? Keep in mind that it's a logo so I don't want it to get too complex.

J’raxis 270145

I like the quartered one better.

Although I'm not so sure about the head itself—the dead, mannequin-like appearance made me think of the people from this dystopian movie. Of course, I'm not sure if that's actually your goal—that you're "waking up" people in such a zombie-like state or somesuch.

ReverendRyan

I like the quartered one, but I would like it better if the pieces were kind of "exploded" farther away revealing some kinda anarchy emblem inside the head.

Jim Johnson

kola

it kinda looks like a crash test dummy...a bit lifeless.

give it some life and put a smile on him/her.

kola

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 22, 2008, 09:22 PM NHFT
Although I'm not so sure about the head itself—the dead, mannequin-like appearance made me think of the people from this dystopian movie. Of course, I'm not sure if that's actually your goal—that you're "waking up" people in such a zombie-like state or somesuch.

The reason it's mannequin-like is because it's a logo and it works with the no hair look. The expression is supposed to look sort of serene and peaceful like someone in meditation. I'll see about a smile though. I think that might look better.

kola

maybe because it has no eyes..that could be why it looks kinda lifeless.

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on March 22, 2008, 10:07 PM NHFT

—was just writing that as your post appeared. ;D

dalebert

Quote from: kola on March 22, 2008, 10:07 PM NHFT

Well that is kind of by design. The light is shining out through the eye openings. I suppose I could make eyes there and make them mostly transparent.

dalebert

Well, this is getting further from my conception but maybe it's for the best. What do you think of this one?

UPDATE: I added another version with more solid iris and pupils. I think that one's better. It still has light shining through the whites of the eyes.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on March 22, 2008, 10:32 PM NHFT
Well, this is getting further from my conception but maybe it's for the best. What do you think of this one?

The knowing smile is better.

J’raxis 270145

Cool, I just saw it in your banner ad here on NH Free.

Smile is better, as are the pupils added to the eyes.

Perhaps thicken the outlines in the scaled-down version so they match with the width of the Anarchy in Your Head text outline?

ReverendRyan

I like it better without the eyes. And like I said, I'd move the broken quarters further out revealing an anarchy symbol.

Puke

I'd say no to the pupils. That looks really creepy. The first looked like it was smiling to me.

I like Ryan's suggestion of a symbol inside the head. Although I don't know how well that will look really small in a logo?

dalebert

I feel the anarchy symbol will just detract. First, it's redundant because there's one in my logo already. Second, it'll be severley occluded by head chunks if it's large and hard to see if it's small. Third, I really like the glowing light inside. It's representative of the serenity that comes from a peaceful outlook on human interaction. I think the symbol will just detract from that. Believe me when I say it was one of my first thoughts. I've been planning to make this logo since I got the idea for the site but it kept getting de-prioritized. I'm finally getting around to it because I've gotten better and a little faster at drawing and for once, I was right on schedule with the cartoon. I actually got it in early on Friday which is the goal. Usually they're not up until the evening. It paid off too. I don't usually see much traffic until the day after a new toon but the site got record traffic for an "opening" day.

As for the pupils, that's tougher. I really envisioned him all along as having no pupils and looking kind of other-worldly. When several people expressed discomfort (?) with that, I experimented with them and the version I have now kind of grew on me. Maybe I just kind of wanted to like it. *shrug* And now Puke is going with my original gut instinct of him having no pupils and he's somewhat into graphic design himself so I'm really torn. I'd love to get more feedback on that choice.