• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Smile for the camera!

Started by mackler, March 24, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

No financial privacy, no medical privacy...

Having a picture of your house is the least of your worries.

E-911 system, GPS location of your front door, motor vehicle data, census data, irs/ssn data, phone/credit card data...

These are the real threats to privacy,
welcome my son... welcome to the machine... where have you been, it's alright we know where you've been...

Vitruvian

Quote from: Tom Sawyerwelcome my son... welcome to the machine... where have you been, it's alright we know where you've been...

They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box; you'd better run...

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Vitruvian on April 17, 2008, 07:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyerwelcome my son... welcome to the machine... where have you been, it's alright we know where you've been...

They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box; you'd better run...

Suddenly I'm hearing helicopters.  :-\

kola

the eye is the sky.

Hitler would be proud of his new and better nazi regime.

kola

coffeeseven

Quote from: Puke on April 17, 2008, 06:54 PM NHFT
That's pretty damn paranoid.

All I said was it's was creepy to see my house on the internet. I didn't say I was scared of it.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 17, 2008, 07:08 PM NHFT
No financial privacy, no medical privacy...

Having a picture of your house is the least of your worries.

E-911 system, GPS location of your front door, motor vehicle data, census data, irs/ssn data, phone/credit card data...

These are the real threats to privacy,
welcome my son... welcome to the machine... where have you been, it's alright we know where you've been...

Can't argue with any of that. I wonder if the Unibomber's shotgun shack in Montana is still vacant?

No heat no lights no motorcars, not a single luxury
Like Robinson Crusoe, they're primitive as can be
lol

Coconut

I think Google streetviews is awesome and I wish they would take a pic of my house. I feel left out. If you don't want anyone seeing what your house looks like, get a really tall fence. You say that Google taking pictures for public domain is turning up the boiling pot; I say that outlawing people from taking pictures in public is turning up the boiling pot.

KBCraig

Quote from: coffeeseven on April 17, 2008, 06:16 PM NHFT
Nobody asked me if I wanted a picture of my house put on the internet.

Nobody had to.

The government already knows where you live, and they're the biggest threat to your safety and privacy. Unless they pull a SNAFU and raid your neighbor's house while looking for you, that is. They tend to do that sort of thing way too often.

kola

like just about everything a "tool" can be used for good and for bad.

the eye in the sky stuff would be great to track down a missing hunter etc... but it really bugs me that can be used to see if a commoner is complying..such as building a shed, garage etc with permits...and even to make sure you have registered your dog. A quick zoom-in can count your dogs, see a new shed going up or a person doing a home repair. Not to mention scan your back patio for a couple of hootch plants.

so it all depends on who is using it... and as always the evil-doers will abuse the shit out of it. IMO this "spyware" is more of a bad thing than a good thing. I am sick and tired of my loss of privacy. Whats next? post my picture online while I am taking a dump? 

kola

Puke

Quote from: kola on April 17, 2008, 11:17 PM NHFT
Whats next? post my picture online while I am taking a dump? 

If you're taking a dump on a public road then it's possible.

coffeeseven

Quote from: Coconut on April 17, 2008, 09:55 PM NHFT
I think Google streetviews is awesome and I wish they would take a pic of my house. I feel left out. If you don't want anyone seeing what your house looks like, get a really tall fence.

I don't care who sees my house. The fence has already occurred to me just to keep the ubiquitous thieves from stealing my stuff. Mommy government says I can put up a fence 4 feet tall within 8 feet of the sidewalk and then I can only go up to 6 feet. No good.

QuoteYou say that Google taking pictures for public domain is turning up the boiling pot; I say that outlawing people from taking pictures in public is turning up the boiling pot.

Agreed. I didn't say this is the only water in the pot. It's just the latest one. I didn't know about it, now I do. Again don't make more out of my comments than were meant. I'm not an alarmist.