• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It pays to fund Mutual Funds

Started by joeyforpresident, July 09, 2005, 02:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyE

Quote from: Dreepa on July 11, 2005, 10:49 PM NHFT
I think that Alan has it right.

Yep, he does.

An IRA (Individual Retirement Account) is a personal savings/investment plan that lets an individual set aside money for retirement.? ?It would not be possible to invest Liberty Scholarship Fund dollars in an IRA.

joeyforpresident

Well, I don't know what type of funds an endowment invests in. I know with my Roth IRA, the fund is managed by Van Kampen, and it's historic rate of return has been 10-11 percent a year.

Banks have their own little "investment" accounts too, but they give the peasants a 2-3 percent return while the bank CEOs make off with the other.

Crooked ba...

Anyway, annuities are going to run you in all sorts of IRS hoops. If the endowment works, great. Just wouldn't want someone like my mom for example to throw away $500 in a "bank investment acct" that "generates" 2-3% (if that) when a fund like mine could generate 10-12 percent.

KBCraig

Quote from: joeyforpresident on July 12, 2005, 12:04 AM NHFT
Well, I don't know what type of funds an endowment invests in.

Joey, I admire your enthusiasm.

But you're selling your "financial advisor" services about as well as you're selling your viability as a Presidential candidate. To wit: it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Best wishes for your future maturity,

Kevin

FSPinNY

Be careful Joey, lots of mixed-up financial information in your posts.

The global, balanced mutual fund that we're using for the LSF Endowment Fund for now, CIBCX,  has had the following average annual total returns thru 7/31/05:
1 year:  15.39%
3 years:  13.12%   
5 years: 10.19%
10 years:  10.73%
Lifetime (7/30/87): 10.98%
Risk level is less than half (.46) of a comparable global index (MSCI EAFE) (1.0). 
The Fund has won many awards over the years and performed better than the S&P 500 Index over its lifetime, yet it is balanced and currently contains 12% Cash and 22% Bonds.  I use it personally for my 'move to NH fund'.

Brian

Joey, I suggested to you before that you contact me about the company that you hired to work with in the financial services business - please do.  I have researched it more than once over the years for prospective clients...

tracysaboe

Pri-Merica PRedominently uses Smith Barney mutual funds.

They have a good track record. I know their Agressive Growth has been in Forbs top 10, several different years.

What's the name of the global fund you use?

Tracy