• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

SICK!!!! Ugh!

Started by Caleb, March 25, 2008, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

Ugh. I have been sick since Sunday night. Started in my throat, and now it's worked its way into my head. I can't breathe through my nose, which makes it damn near impossible to sleep. I am now officially cranky and irritable. I'm pretty sure those two words mean the same thing. but i don't care.

kola

stop eating and only consume natural juices (no sugar) and broths. If you can get organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it, drink this as well. (the "mother" is apple sediments in the bottle) Mrs Braggs makes a good brand but there are others.

Do a SALINE RINSE

warm I cup of water and dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in it.( do not use regular tablesalt)

pour it in a bowl.

get over a sink, grab a tablespoon of saltwater and plug one nostril and raise the tablespoon to the toher nostril and snort up the water off of the spoon.

refill the spoon and do it again in the same nostril. It will most likely go up your nose and run into the sink. thats ok.

keep snorting saltwater until it makes its way to the back of throat and dumps nto your mouth. spit it out. (you might gag but just cowboy up and quit whining). it will probally be yellow or green mucous.

You can wipe your nose and blow your nose(very lightly) in between flushes. If you blow to hard you will force mucous higher into the sinus cavities. 

continue snorting the same nostril until just the saltwater comes through. That sinus passage way is now open. Yay!

Do the other side the same way.

You can do this every hour if needed and it is best to it when symptoms first show, other wise it may get up into the frontal sinus above your eyebrows.

Use juice,broths, vinegar and the saline rinse and most of all, REST.

kola

and sleep sitting up or with your head elevated as you want to keep the sinuses draining. (lazyboy chairs reclined work good). If you lay flat it will spread into the frontal sinuses above your eyes.

and do not complain or tell everyone you are sick. That only reinforces that you are sick and will prolong healing. Thinks about geting well instead...watch comedy (stooges, seinfeld etc)

law of attraction? :)

KOla

Caleb

I do not even know who Louise Hay is. I was simply wanting a little sympathy. I am a big baby when I am sick. I am already fasting, except for smoothies from Jamba Juice.

kola

Quote from: lawofattraction on March 25, 2008, 09:25 PM NHFT
Do you have a copy of Louise Hay's "Heal Your Body" in the house? I cannot imagine any self-respecting mind guerrilla being without one!

awesome book based on emotional issues and sickness and how to overcome them. :)

hwrnhetcxyc

Hope you feel better soon, friend.

kola

Quote from: Caleb on March 25, 2008, 09:26 PM NHFT
I do not even know who Louise Hay is. I was simply wanting a little sympathy. I am a big baby when I am sick. I am already fasting, except for smoothies from Jamba Juice.

its that Cali smog ...and that artifical gunk and funk in that jamba lamba juice.

get 2 gallons of organic apple juice and some salt and vinegar!

Pat K

Quote from: Caleb on March 25, 2008, 08:54 PM NHFT
Ugh. I have been sick since Sunday night. Started in my throat, and now it's worked its way into my head. I can't breathe through my nose, which makes it damn near impossible to sleep. I am now officially cranky and irritable. I'm pretty sure those two words mean the same thing. but i don't care.

It's CCOB=Californo Communista overdoseia Bug.

kola

CCOB?
maybe they have a vaccine for it.  :-\

Caleb

d_goddard

Damn you Caleb!!

I forgot how much I love Jamba Juice. When I lived in the PRC, at least 1 meal a day used to be Jamba and a bread or bag of chips.

I just checked and the nearest Jamba is in Boston.

Why is it that only commie states have Jamba franchises?
Plus, they seem really weirdly uptight about who they franchise to:
http://www.jambajuice.com/#/us_franchise/

Commies!

Caleb

Yeah, the nearest Jamba juice is about a 6 minute walk from my front porch. maybe an 8 minute walk in heavy heat.  ;D

It is pretty great.

Maybe they'll let me have a franchise  >:D

Friday

Note to self: be sure to hit Jamba Juice down the street (and expense it  >:D ).  Blog in depth about its carrotty goodness.   Make sure Denis syndicates it.  ;D

Caleb

Really, cause I go for the Razzmatazz more myself.   :P  Mmmmmmm.

Kat Kanning

Poor Caleb!  Get better quick :)

On the subject of juice:  I actually got to go out to "eat" yesterday.  There's a place on Roxbury that makes fresh carrot juice.