• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Virgle. Lets go to Mars.

Started by Puke, April 02, 2008, 05:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Google and Virgin's Richard Branson have a plan to go to Mars! Take that NASA!

http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

QuoteEarth has issues, and it's time humanity got started on a Plan B. So, starting in 2014, Virgin founder Richard Branson and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will be leading hundreds of users on one of the grandest adventures in human history: Project Virgle, the first permanent human colony on Mars.

I really hope this isn't an April Fools joke.

ancapagency

Sorry--it is.  And granted, a particularly cruel one.  :(

slim

It maybe a April fools joke but just think if the Free State Project is a success the people in the Free State may have the wealth to make it feasible to colonize Mars. If that did become reality we may not only have a Free State but the next step a Free World Project. The statists can have most of the Earth and people who want to be free could be Marshins.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: slim on April 03, 2008, 01:13 PM NHFT
It maybe a April fools joke but just think if the Free State Project is a success the people in the Free State may have the wealth to make it feasible to colonize Mars. If that did become reality we may not only have a Free State but the next step a Free World Project. The statists can have most of the Earth and people who want to be free could be Marshins.

Have you been eating strange looking mushrooms? :D  Only kidding it's a cool thought!

slim

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 04, 2008, 10:36 AM NHFT

Have you been eating strange looking mushrooms? :D  Only kidding it's a cool thought!

Not that I know of but weird things have happened before. I like to dream big and what is bigger then a free world and just imagine the wealth that would be created in a world that is free. If you don't dream for the stars you will never get your feet off the ground.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: slim on April 04, 2008, 12:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 04, 2008, 10:36 AM NHFT

Not that I know of but weird things have happened before. I like to dream big and what is bigger then a free world and just imagine the wealth that would be created in a world that is free. If you don't dream for the stars you will never get your feet off the ground.

I totally agree, I love dreaming and hope I never stop!  If people stop dreaming or hoping for a beautiful, peaceful existence like the one you are dreaming/thinking of then we are really hopeless.  :occasion14: