• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mackler

According to this statute:

RS 286:1

it is illegal in New Hampshire it exhibit a puppet show for pay without a license (among other things including rope-dancing and card tricks).

Outlaw puppeteer anyone?  I can think of some appropriate themes for the puppet story.

---
uggg... i forgot to list contact info on some of the news releases:

for the uninitiated...my number is 603 721 1490 and I"m dave ridley

mackler (or admin) could you post this message at the end of mackler's message on the top of this thread?

Lloyd Danforth

Scene in a NH prison.......

Big burly Bubba Lifer prisoner: "Watch ya in for?"

Mackler: "Illegal Puppet Show!"

mackler

Here's another one:

In the city of Manchester, it is illegal to exhibit "natural or artificial curiosities" outdoors after 10:00 pm or indoors before 9:00 am without a license.  Ordinances ยง 111.71

And even with a license it is illegal to do so for more than two days in a row.

ancapagency

I think those are excellent cases for CD.  It's much easier to build the rep you want by starting with the cases that most people would agree are stupid.  Also, the more you keep the politickians busy with little crap like that, the less time they have to push nasty stuff on us all.

Kat Kanning

mackler

Quote from: ancapagency on April 04, 2008, 07:52 AM NHFT
I think those are excellent cases for CD.  It's much easier to build the rep you want by starting with the cases that most people would agree are stupid.  Also, the more you keep the politickians busy with little crap like that, the less time they have to push nasty stuff on us all.

Keeping them busy is right.  This statute makes it mandatory for town selectmen to prosecute every illegal puppet-show.  I would find it highly amusing if an outlaw puppeteer sued the city for not imposing the penalty on him.

ancapagency

Quote from: mackler on April 04, 2008, 08:04 AM NHFT
I would find it highly amusing if an outlaw puppeteer sued the city for not imposing the penalty on him.

That would be hilarious!

d_goddard

Quote from: mackler on April 04, 2008, 08:04 AM NHFT
I would find it highly amusing if an outlaw puppeteer sued the city for not imposing the penalty on him.
OMG... that could be... huge
WMUR & NECN would cover it, at very least. Could go national.
Fucking gorgeous.

dalebert

Dave Ridley

ok i am looking into this.  The main problem i would see with me doing this is i think there is a good chance if i don't do it....one of you will.  i can always do the tsa thing.   one of you can always do this.  I'm not likely to do both.

but my gosh we could really make this rock...

those are my first impressions.

TackleTheWorld

Oh look!  She's a natural.  She looks just like a puppet.

d_goddard

You think she's a puppet... you should the the sorry stiff wooden pawns upon whose strings she pulls:

This man is a puppet and tool of the NH Attorney General.

mackler

Here's another thought: if enforcement is mandatory (supposedly), what if a couple hundred people coordinated and put an outlaw puppet show on every street corner in town at once?

Actually, I don't know if I like that idea.  If all the cops in town were enforcing the anti-puppet-show law, it might encourage some actual real crime while they're distracted.  I'd hate to get blamed for the successful escape of a bank robber or something.

mackler

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 04, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT
kelly ayotte could be one of the puppets and we could do it right outside her office since she's probably the prosecuting arm.

Town selectmen are the ones required to enforce the law.  The puppet show could be right outside the town hall during a meeting of the selectmen.  Someone could go into the meeting and report on the crime emergency transpiring outside, etc.

Dave Ridley

what are some things her office has prosecuted people for that are victimless and innocuous besides mike fisher?