• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 22, 2008, 10:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 19, 2008, 03:23 PM NHFT
is no one willing to step forward and break a third law? Will I have to do it myself?

I was planning on doing the milk-container one, if I'm there—but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be there or be there when it starts, so I hadn't said anything yet.
don't worry ... someone can call the cops on you when you get there :)

FTL_Ian

Shame it's at 4pm, conflicts with Social Sundays in Keene.

Anyway, here's a suggestion.

Instead of trying to find a homeless person, why not just hire a kid?  Then you'll be violating underage working laws as well as minimum wage laws.  Plus, the kid will actually put the money to good use as opposed to buying alcohol or cigarettes as the bum will most likely.

FTL_Ian

Dave "Robber Baron" Ridley    :icon_pirat:

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 22, 2008, 12:31 PM NHFT
Shame it's at 4pm, conflicts with Social Sundays in Keene.

Sundays are damned busy days now.

Russell Kanning

we gotta put that Ridley guy in jail so we can have more time for other things

Friday

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet (and I apologize for not doing so sooner myself, but since I was supposed to be out of town this weekend, I hadn't been paying much attention to Free State activities taking place this weekend), but Sky Show (otherwise known as the huge party replete with fireworks and live music that the City of Manchester throws each year on the anniversary of my arrival in the Free State  ;D ) is taking place that day in Manchester.  Every on-duty cop will be down by the mills.  You'd be hard-pressed to find a worse place and time to perform an act of civil disobedience.  Sorry.  :-\

Russell Kanning

meaning busy? or no cops?

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 23, 2008, 09:29 AM NHFT
meaning busy? or no cops?
Meaning, if your goal is to tweak the nose of the authorities, and/or attract the attention of uninformed members of the public, this is a bad place and time to do it, as neither of those two groups will be paying any attention.  The public will be listening to music and eating fried dough down by the river, while the cops will be hard at work watching the public eat fried dough down by the river, making sure they don't, well... you know.  ::)

Russell Kanning

J’raxis 270145

There's usually a police car every few minutes going up or down Elm Street. That probably means there'll only be one or two an hour instead.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 21, 2008, 04:55 PM NHFT
I love the ride for a fee idea.

I'll maybe charge you for a ride around town without announcing it to anyone: Maybe we'll just pretend we are Free!  Silly me; thinking we live in a Free country.

HEY- Maybe we are Free and we they just don't realize it -yet?  Let's give it another try.

John

Quote from: Friday on May 23, 2008, 09:15 AM NHFTeach year on the anniversary of my arrival in the Free State  ;D )

Dude - Friday!
That reminds me of an old dear friend.   ;D ;D ;D ;D  WELCOME HOME!  They have fireworks for you to?  :D
I would love to someday have a date again with someone who has firewoks on the day of their arrival.  It is very nice.

mackler

You need more federal offenses.  Who's up for...

melting a penny with a blowtorch?

And if you're really hardcore, you could try to sell the melted blob of metal to someone for two cents!

And then melt one of the two pennies you got for the blob of metal, and so on...

highline

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 22, 2008, 11:51 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 22, 2008, 10:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 19, 2008, 03:23 PM NHFT
is no one willing to step forward and break a third law? Will I have to do it myself?

I was planning on doing the milk-container one, if I'm there—but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be there or be there when it starts, so I hadn't said anything yet.
don't worry ... someone can call the cops on you when you get there :)

I would.

The very fabric of our society and all social order is held together by the fact that it is a misdemeanor to put anything other than a dairy product in a milk container.

Ghandi, MLK, and Rosa Parks themselves would not dare something so serious. 

Dave Ridley

can someone bring a super-well-cleaned milk container or two, preferably cleaned with bleach or something?
and a thermometer showing us 60 dollars of the way to our 1000 dollar goal?