• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I don't think they're going to leave Dave alone.  Keene cops have history of leaving us alone, others don't.

Dave Ridley

FTL_Ian

mackler

Quote from: KBCraig on April 19, 2008, 11:46 PM NHFT

At least we're not terrified of vanity license plates, and afraid to take pictures of cars without the owner's permission.
::)

Let's be fair here.  It's not the license plates or taking pictures.  Luke is just afraid of doing anything he doesn't know isn't illegal.  Can you blame him?

Free libertarian

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 18, 2008, 11:03 AM NHFT
An expert on NH law wrote me:

QuoteI am surprised that you or other CD folks have not poured water into an empty milk carton yet.  Have you given the idea any thought?  I can think of no more innocuous thing to do than that....  out of all the laws we have on the books.

184:30-d Use of Milk Containers. – No milk and milk product container shall be used as a receptacle for any substance other than dairy products.

184:30-f Penalty. – Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

So if I filled an empty milk jug with water and gave it to my goats, I broke the law? Oh my god I feel so
dirty!  I'm a criminal, a low life, a damn law breaker...I'm sorry mom, you were right I should have studied harder!   :book1:

Luke S

Quote from: mackler on April 20, 2008, 06:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on April 19, 2008, 11:46 PM NHFT

At least we're not terrified of vanity license plates, and afraid to take pictures of cars without the owner's permission.
::)

Let's be fair here.  It's not the license plates or taking pictures.  Luke is just afraid of doing anything he doesn't know isn't illegal.  Can you blame him?

No, that's not true at all. But if something is illegal AND I know there's a very good chance  the victim will press charges over it AND I'm close to graduation, so I know if I get tossed in jail now I won't be able to graduate, then obviously given those 3 circumstances put together, I won't do it.

Such was the case in this situation. There are a lot of people here who weren't too happy with an incident where I turned two marijuana users in to the police, so if that NHFREE car was one of their cars, they might try to get me tossed in jail as retaliation for that incident if I took a picture and taking a picture is illegal. So that's why I didn't do it.

Luke S

Quote from: David on April 18, 2008, 08:33 AM NHFT
If you live in Ohio, yes they do.  They either pay the licensing, or they risk getting arrested.  It is possible the law(s) are not actively enforced. 

Well then that must be what's happening. Non-enforcement. I mean, I haven't asked. But it just seems like people set up wherever they darn well please. And I've never seen the police go around and check for permits.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'Luke S'There are a lot of people here who weren't too happy with an incident where I turned two marijuana users in to the police, so if that NHFREE car was one of their cars, they might try to get me tossed in jail as retaliation for that incident if I took a picture and taking a picture is illegal.

I aks you to step back for a moment and realize that liberty activists, in general, are different than the people you're used to dealing with. My point is that people you're used to dealing with will condone and utilize the law as they see fit in order to punish those who do things they don't agree with.

On the flip side, liberty activists tend to be more principaled all around. We hold that using the force of government is wrong. Using it against your picture taking is JUST as wrong as your use of it against marijuana smokers - in both cases someone who harmed NOBODY was hurt.

Anyone who blames you for snitching on some pot smokers, but then calls the cops when you take a picture of something in public is a fucking hypocrite and everyone here would recognize it.

Harm nobody, cause nobody to come to harm.

Quote from: DadaOrwellplz digg

Dugg! (Even though I hate the site)

Quotewe just progress toward more and more harmless things.  first manicuring, then puppets, then milk cartons.  at some point things will get so innocent they will have to stop arresting us.   then we've established more precedent for the state refusing to enforce laws.

That's the idea. :) Show the police and legislature to be impotent, and show the people that just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.

You guys have my utmost respect. :D

Jan

Luke:  Why don't you practice your own little act of civil dis and take a picture of Tyler's car/license plate!  Hey, it's already been on ABC WMUR Channel 9...

I assume you go to Kenyon, too, since you wrote about being afraid of jeopardizing graduating.  Why don't you look up Tyler and get to know him.  A) He'd be as likely to turn you into cops as he would be to turn himself into cops.  B)  He's a freedom fighter like you claim you want to be.  Maybe he could mentor you.

Dave Ridley

Bad news folks.
This event was scheduled to ocurr Wednesday April 23.  But on Sunday night I contracted a fever and still have it.  That means I'm probably contagious.  In order to avoid possibly spreading the flu or whatever it is to guards and inmates in the confined spaces of jail, I will have to postpone the event.   Stay tuned to
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=13709.0 for the revised date. Sorry for the change in plans, but it would just be wrong to move forward if it means spreading this gunk around.

I'm in the process now of emailing everyone I invited to this...If you could do the same that would help.  If any of you are going to be near the state house tomorrow maybe you could head over to the "scene of the not yet committed crime" around noon and catch anyone who doesn't get the word, let them know of the postponement.

Beth221

how interesting, getting ready to be disobedient, and you get the flu? 

Do you need some soup or anything to help you get better?

-Beth

armlaw

Quote from: mackler on April 14, 2008, 10:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Luke S on April 12, 2008, 10:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: mackler on April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT
it is illegal in New Hampshire it exhibit a puppet show for pay without a license (among other things including rope-dancing and card tricks).

One of the most ridiculous laws I've ever heard of.

The law is the law, my friend. Apparently you think you know better than the democratically elected representatives who authorizedly enacted that law.  I know your type.

The problem is....IT IS NOT LAW !
It is "Color of Law" practiced by the commercial merchants of "Public Policy". It is commerce my friends. All for the satisfaction of the greed exhibited by those who plunder the wealth of this nations people for private profit. These parasites deal in fiction; that which is only in the mind of the victim for whom an alter ego has been created for use in the world of fiction. As most know, corporations are "legal fictions". They deal with "commercial paper" or "Legal Tender". Legal is a fiction as  it is NOT "Lawful", as in "Legal Tender", v. "Lawful Money".  The constitution defines "Lawful Money" as gold and Silver coin, whereas "Legal Tender" is a creation of the fiction we know as "Congress". So, we have congressional fictions creating more fictions which create "statutes", which are thus, "FICTIONS". These fictions only exist in the mind of the ecnomic slave. If you benefit from the use of fictions, then you are welcome to pay the cost of using the fiction. So, enjoy today. It is a a gift!..Oh,, and that is why we call it "The Present".

Kat Kanning

Well dang.  I delayed the paper so I could include this.  :(

Dave Ridley

dada sorree
but sure this is right thing to do
i got no business going into the tank on purpose with strep or something

KBCraig

Quote from: mackler on April 14, 2008, 10:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: armlaw
One of the most ridiculous laws I've ever heard of.

The law is the law, my friend. Apparently you think you know better than the democratically elected representatives who authorizedly enacted that law.  I know your type.

LMAO...  :rofl:

Apparently you don't know Dick Marple's record of service in the General Court.  ;)