• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Luke S

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 30, 2008, 06:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Luke S on April 30, 2008, 02:29 PM NHFT
Ok. So 1.) where is the video?, and 2.) Why did they leave Dave alone and not the "Outlaw Manicurist". I can't see how the Outlaw Manicurist did anything worse than what Dave did, so why did they let Dave alone and not him?
They do not arrest you for doing "worse" stuff. There are other factors.

You can go up to an IRS office and tell them you are not paying fed income taxes .... and you will probably not be arrested that day.

This is surprising. I mean if you walk up to them and admit to committing a crime, aren't they supposed to immediately take you into custody? Of course I don't agree with the IRS at all and think it should be abolished, but still it's surprising that they would do absolutely nothing in response to someone who walks up to an office and says "I don't pay taxes".

You can start walking towards the us president with flowers and a present ... and you will be arrested.

Are you sure Russell? I mean, one would think that what would happen is that the Secret Service would tell you that they need to inspect the flowers and the present to make sure there  is no poison in them or anthrax or bombs or anything like that, and then the Secret Service would take them and then inspect them and then give them to the President once the inspection has concluded.

You can hurt people ... and not get arrested.

No argument there. I've seen incidents where bad cops have beat people up for no good reason, and of course they never arrest themselves.

Dave Ridley

Jacobus

Excellent!  Watching the video gave me the warm fuzzies.

mackler

Quote from: Sapphire on April 30, 2008, 01:44 PM NHFT
Daisy told me over the phone, it went well, no one was arrested, and she liked the kids around.

(from the dogs mouth)

Uh oh.  That means Dave wasn't the only one breaking the law.  The Town Selectmen broke the law by not enforcing it.

mackler

Quote from: Luke S on April 30, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
But John, the video stopped right after that guy called up the police and told them that there was an "illegal puppet show" going on, and told the police to come.

So did the police come and tell Dave to stop?

Calling the cops is the part Luke likes the most.

Beth221

Daisy said she enjoyed doing her part of civ dis with protesting to a dog license. 

i really enjoyed watching the videos, great job guys!! 

Radical_Teen

Quote from: John on April 30, 2008, 04:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 30, 2008, 03:57 PM NHFT
Photos by Kira  :D

Where's the "kiss" emocon?" {Kiss!}

Great job, Kira!
Thank you for covering this event!  Nice pictures.

Thanks John

Luke S

Quote from: mackler on May 01, 2008, 09:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: Luke S on April 30, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
But John, the video stopped right after that guy called up the police and told them that there was an "illegal puppet show" going on, and told the police to come.

So did the police come and tell Dave to stop?

Calling the cops is the part Luke likes the most.

No it isn't. I was just wondering whether or not they came because I saw a man talking into a phone calling the police about the "illegal puppet show", and I was wondering if they came as a result of that phone call. But I suppose they didn't.

Beth221

dont suppose, its bad for your karma.  I assure you, they didnt come. 

Suppose- to lay down tentatively as a hypothesis, assumption, or proposal.

Dave Ridley

Thanks again to all who helped and attended!

Main thing I'm wondering is what do you think we should do next? 

My thoughts:

1) Move it to more locations, and perhaps more provocative locations.
2) Expand the event so that additional illegal commerce or activity is occurring

I envision doing puppet shows at a wide variety of porcupine gatherings.

I envision doing the next version of this event between the LOB and the State House next time, in an area we'd be out of the way but where we are guaranteed to face hassles from capitol police.

I like the idea of bringing unlicensed manicuring or illegal dancing into the mix, etc.  Turn the state house grounds into a zone of commerce.  They may not like that, but isn't commerce  a better purpose than the area is currently being used for?

David

J’raxis 270145

Other ideas we tossed around yesterday:—

If doing it in the space between the State House and LOB elicits no response, we move to the State House steps. If that doesn't work, we go into the State House—the cafeteria, the front lobby, or perhaps the hallway outside Representatives' Hall, where the lobbyists all try to hand out information to the reps as they enter the Hall.

If we move this to Manchester at some point, do it in Veterans Park, along with a number of other civil disobedience ideas. Manchester has a huge number of idiotic ordinances above and beyond State law, that we could break. Ryan's been collecting information on these; things like dancing before 14:00 on a Sunday, sitting on the park fences, puppeteering gratis without a license, picking up trash in the park, &c..

mackler

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 01, 2008, 01:23 PM NHFT
Thanks again to all who helped and attended!

Main thing I'm wondering is what do you think we should do next? 

My thoughts:

1) Move it to more locations, and perhaps more provocative locations.
2) Expand the event so that additional illegal commerce or activity is occurring

I envision doing puppet shows at a wide variety of porcupine gatherings.

I envision doing the next version of this event between the LOB and the State House next time, in an area we'd be out of the way but where we are guaranteed to face hassles from capitol police.

I like the idea of bringing unlicensed manicuring or illegal dancing into the mix, etc.  Turn the state house grounds into a zone of commerce.  They may not like that, but isn't commerce  a better purpose than the area is currently being used for?

Since town selectmen are the ones obligated to enforce the law, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to do in in front of a town council meeting rather than the state Capitol.

KBCraig

Quote from: Luke S on April 30, 2008, 02:29 PM NHFT
... and 2.) Why did they leave Dave alone and not the "Outlaw Manicurist". I can't see how the Outlaw Manicurist did anything worse than what Dave did, so why did they let Dave alone and not him?

There's no state board of puppetry in charge of puppeteer licenses.
There are no schools of puppetry making big money off would-be puppeteers trying to meet the license requirements, while the school owners hold influential positions on the examining board.
There aren't separate licenses, education requirements, and examining board for puppets vs. marionettes.