• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ReverendRyan

If the May 25 event will be in Manchester, here are some local ordinances that are easy to break:

§ 111.80 No showman, tumbler, rope-dancer, ventriloquist, juggler, or other person shall for
exhibit any feats of agility, horsemanship, sleight-of-hand, rope-dancing, or feats of cards,
animals, wax figures, puppets, or other show, or shall perform or exhibit any theatrical or
dramatic representation or other exhibition, performance, or show of any kind or description
the city, unless a license therefor in writing, specifying the day and hour such person is allowed
to perform or exhibit, shall first be obtained from the office of the City Clerk....

Notice no distinction is made regarding whether it's for pay. Who knows some card tricks?

§ 130.05 No person shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately colored
clothing, such as orange, so as to be clearly visible to motorists during daylight hours. No person
shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately luminescent clothing, such as a
safety vest, running suit, or reflective tape so as to be clearly visible to motorists during
nighttime hours and at dawn or dusk.

Jogging around the perimeter of the park, even in daylight, is illegal if you're wearing dark colors.

§ 130.38 No person shall, without lawful permission, climb on or over any fence of any garden or
yard.

Veterans Park has nice railings for sitting on.

Dave Ridley

if i do get arrested it would be helpful for someone to inform the press.  here are some of my NH press emails below.

---

Here is my media contact list for New Hampshire.   Contacting these folks has borne fruit in the past.  I'm listing either their e-mails or their e-mail submission forms.  Don't let me and Mike be the only ones to use it!

WKXL radio in Concord
http://www.wkxl1450.com/dynamickxl/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=60

WMUR-TV Channel 9:  http://www.thewmurchannel.com/contact/index.html
603 669 9999 wmur

Concord Monitor: news@cmonitor.com

NH public radio josh rogers staff reporter  concord  603 223 2456 jrogers@npr.org

Portsmouth Herald, mail to "Editor, Portsmouth Herald" E-mailt to Executive Editor Howard Altschiller at  haltschiller@seacoastonline.com  or E-mail to managing editor Shir Haberman at shaberman@seacoastonline.com

Keene Sentinel:  news@keenesentinel.com

WKBK radio: 
Dan Mitchell (talk show host) dmitchell@monadnockradiogroup.com
news@monadnockradiogroup.com

Union Leader  writeus@unionleader.com

Free Talk Live FTL@freetalklive.com - syndicated but airs in NH some days, they talk about NH about once per show on average.

Gardner Goldsmith (libertarian talk show)

NH media that have not been covering us much yet:

Nashua Telegraph
NEWS TIPS:  If you have a story idea, call 594-6467, fax 882-2681, or e-mail news@nashuatelegraph.com.

EBL666

"... illegal to exhibit "natural or artificial curiosities" outdoors after 10:00 pm or indoors before 9:00 am without a license. ... And even with a license it is illegal to do so for more than two days in a row."

Oh, mercy!  How many sex lives has THAT ruined?

J’raxis 270145

RichW

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 04, 2008, 10:31 PM NHFT... like putting water in a milk container...

How about an effort modeled after the "Got Milk?" campaign?

Dozens of people could carry milk containers with the saying...NOT Milk?

Kat Kanning

There's something really wrong about calling the police to report your own civil disobedience.  :(

slim

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 06, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
There's something really wrong about calling the police to report your own civil disobedience.  :(

Did Dave call the police? I thought last time it was a upstanding citizen that called and not the puppet man himself?

Kat Kanning

No, but one of our group.

Pat K

FTL_Ian

Anyone care to report on what happened today?

doobie

I filed a crimestopper report online...  Any luck getting arrested?

Coconut

Quote from: doobie on May 07, 2008, 06:51 AM NHFT
I filed a crimestopper report online...  Any luck getting arrested?

I guess everyone got arrested, since nobody is posting here...

Edit: ridleyreport.com looks like it has an update. I can't watch it right now though.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 06, 2008, 09:32 PM NHFT
Anyone care to report on what happened today?

Nothing.

The puppet show took place a little after 14:00 between the State House and the LOB, directly under the statue behind the State House. Amusingly, the Attorney General's office is in a building directly next to the State House and visible from this position. Two unoccupied DPS police cars were parked across the street, but no police were in sight. Dave did his puppet show, a bunch of us paid for it in order to ensure that it was illegal, and it finished without incident. A few state reps and a senator wandered by and we explained what we were doing. I called in to Porc411 to see if we could get more people to call Concord's anonymous tip hotline and report an "illegal puppet show" was taking place. When Dave was finished, a couple of bureaucrats came out of the State House and complained they couldn't work because of the noise, but that was it.

Because of the homeschooling bill, there were a lot of homeschoolers with their kids at the State House, so Dave also did an impromptu puppet show for the kids, in the previous location in front of the State House, at 12:00. (This also went off without incident.) Dave ended the show by telling the 15–20 kids that were there that it's all right to break laws, just don't hurt anyone. ;D

I think we've firmly established they're going to arbitrarily ignore the commission of a misdemeanor now, when it suits them.

David

Is that the 'just say no' to bad laws version for the kids.   ;D

Good job guys, Dave in particular. 

Dave Ridley

thanks all who came by!

ya you can see all the details at

http://youtube.com/watch?v=waoYj9JsA2U

nice job shooting by mark warden sitting in as guest ridleographer!