• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 07, 2008, 12:06 PM NHFTWhen Dave was finished, a couple of bureaucrats came out of the State House and complained they couldn't work because of the noise, but that was it.
noise?

J’raxis 270145

Well, they were puppets, not mimes...

John

Lest the frozen image is all we remember and thereby we forget: "Tank Man" did not simply stand still.
He may have been quite still (though I dought it is often possible) spiritually, his body moved as necessary.
Please, always remember that this hero was moving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ&feature=related

Dan

Third illegal act proposition:
  Hire someone (adult or child) for $1/hr to help set up, or hold the cage, or film, or walk around with the can.

Dave Ridley

Ok here is the current plan plan for May 25; the only part that is really set in stone however is the date time and location.

I go to veteran's part at 4pm in central manchester and do the puppet show.  but i also break one new law, and put out a request for one person to step forward and break some law of *their* choosing. 

The new law i'd tentatively like to break is the minimum wage law.  I find a homeless person in the park if possible, and hire them at the rate of 6.00 an hour, to hold the donation cup.   This of course violates New Hampshire's new minimum wage by fifty cents.  I am not positive tho if it would be breaking the law to hire a guy for only one half hour at that rate.  anyone wanna check this out?

here was the information I used:

http://www.labor.state.nh.us/INS-Poster-NHMinimumWageLaw.pdf

The inspiration for this idea came from dan, and I like doing other people's ideas so it makes this more of a movement thing than a dave thing.

thougts/? suggested improvements?

mackler

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT
The new law i'd tentatively like to break is the minimum wage law.  I find a homeless person in the park if possible, and hire them at the rate of 6.00 an hour, to hold the donation cup.   This of course violates New Hampshire's new minimum wage by fifty cents.  I am not positive tho if it would be breaking the law to hire a guy for only one half hour at that rate.  anyone wanna check this out?

If you're not breaking the minimum wage law, you're probably breaking a whole bunch of other laws regarding employment, IRS reporting requirements and such.  Plus the cup might not be up to OSHA standards.

Russell Kanning

what if you don't find someone to work?
maybe the kid idea with someone you plan ahead with

John

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT. . . I like doing other people's ideas so it makes this more of a movement thing than a dave thing.

I know that you sometimes are looking for rides to various events.  If there was a "charge" for the ride would that break a law?  >:D

Kat Kanning

I bet it would be :)  The taxi guild will come down on you.

mackler

Does Manchester have a "Gypsy Cab" industry?

I some cities, the practice is so prevalent that it constitutes a viable transportation option.

Dave Ridley

Sent to the Union Leader and Manch Express.  is no one willing to step forward and break a third law? Will I have to do it myself?

----

On Sunday, May 25, 2008, I will commit two illegal acts in downtown Manchester.  I'll perform a wholesome puppet show for profit without a license, violating state law RSA 286:1.   And I'll hire a homeless person (if any are available) to stand next to me with a collections cup.  I'll pay her $6.00 an hour.  This will violate RSA 279, the new statute which mandates a $6.50 minimum wage.

I'm protesting New Hampshire politicians' perverse enthusiasm for passing, and maintaining, unneeded laws...five million words of state laws at last count.  And I'm checking to see how much stomach the authorities have for using force to impose these laws.

If Manchester police are really law enforcement officers, they should seize me and prevent me from helping, however slightly, this homeless person.  They should stop me from entertaining, however briefly, the small crowd gathered.   For the law clearly forbids both acts.

But if they are peace officers, they will confine their attention to the day's fraud and violence cases, knowing it is their moral duty to punish *only* aggressors and thieves.  Either way, events like these will continue until I am arrested or have amassed a thousand dollars in constructive, illegal profits.

We invite readers to join us in Manchester's Veteran's Park starting 4 p.m. Sunday, that you may witness our "crimes."  For more information, visit NHFree.com.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: John on May 17, 2008, 10:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT. . . I like doing other people's ideas so it makes this more of a movement thing than a dave thing.

I know that you sometimes are looking for rides to various events.  If there was a "charge" for the ride would that break a law?  >:D

Sounds like a possiblity!   obviously I'm looking for a second law breaker to be the one to break the third law.

highline

Dave,

Be sure not to drink water out of an empty milk bottle, or use a old  milk crate to hold your contraband, er, puppets.  That would cause serious public unrest.

It is my favorite of our stupid laws that need to be repealed.

dalebert

Quote from: highline on May 19, 2008, 04:40 PM NHFT
Be sure not to drink water out of an empty milk bottle, or use a old  milk crate to hold your contraband, er, puppets.

Oh, I like the idea of breaking as many silly laws at once as you can. Maybe you really should do this and have a pamphlet to hand out that talks about what all you're doing.

highline

Quote from: dalebert on May 20, 2008, 06:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: highline on May 19, 2008, 04:40 PM NHFT
Be sure not to drink water out of an empty milk bottle, or use a old  milk crate to hold your contraband, er, puppets.

Oh, I like the idea of breaking as many silly laws at once as you can. Maybe you really should do this and have a pamphlet to hand out that talks about what all you're doing.

This law is not to be tangled with Dale.  Even speaking about it causes me anxiety.

184:30-d Use of Milk Containers. – No milk and milk product container shall be used as a receptacle for any substance other than dairy products.

184:30-f Penalty. – Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

::)