• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outlaw puppeteer

Started by mackler, April 04, 2008, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 19, 2008, 03:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on May 17, 2008, 10:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT. . . I like doing other people's ideas so it makes this more of a movement thing than a dave thing.

thougts/? suggested improvements?

I know that you sometimes are looking for rides to various events.  If there was a "charge" for the ride would that break a law?  >:D

Sounds like a possiblity!   obviously I'm looking for a second law breaker to be the one to break the third law.

I plan to join the "OUTLAW" team on the 25th.
I can not commit to rides to-and-from most events but, I'll charge you for a ride around the block.  I'll charge you $1.
It somehow seems appropriate that I charge the same price that Mr. Fisher charged Ms. Dillon in the first famous Free Stater OUTLAW demonstation.
We are HOME now!
  :campfire:  Let's keep working.  Let's all get BRAVE!

To all of you others: PLEASE COME HOME!  P{Lease come OM! 3~(*    :icon_cheers:

mackler

Quote from: dalebert on May 20, 2008, 06:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: highline on May 19, 2008, 04:40 PM NHFT
Be sure not to drink water out of an empty milk bottle, or use a old  milk crate to hold your contraband, er, puppets.

Oh, I like the idea of breaking as many silly laws at once as you can. Maybe you really should do this and have a pamphlet to hand out that talks about what all you're doing.

I think that's a great idea!

You could have a one-page handout to give to curious passers-by.

It could have a big headline that reads

What's going on here?

And then the actual text of each law that's being violated.

Then maybe the names and home phone numbers of all the reps who voted against the bill to repeal unnecessary laws...

Kat Kanning

People's eyes will glaze over if they have to read legalese.

Friday

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT
I am not positive tho if it would be breaking the law to hire a guy for only one half hour at that rate.  anyone wanna check this out?
I'm pretty sure that this would violate the minimum wage law.

Other laws that will definitely be violated, or could easily be:

• failure to confirm that homeless person is legal to work in the U.S. by requiring him to show a minimum of two forms of government ID as specified on form I-9
  • if you hire someone under age 16, you'll violate child labor law
  • if you hire someone *because* they are/are not black/female/old/gay/handicapped, you'll violate Equal Opportunity law
  • if you stand next to your employee and smoke a cigarette, you'll probably be violating an OSHA law

QuoteHave you got a 27 B stroke 6? Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for paperwork.

bander87

Why are we caring about laws that are no longer enforced? What's the difference?

John

Oops! Sorry!
Before I cross this line, I'm thinking I'll do some more strategery about how I'll handle fall out.  Maybe adventures in leagal land type stuff? . . .

:-[Please pardon my jumping the gun! :-[

Russell Kanning

I love the ride for a fee idea.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 19, 2008, 03:23 PM NHFT
Sent to the Union Leader and Manch Express.  is no one willing to step forward and break a third law? Will I have to do it myself?

----

On Sunday, May 25, 2008, I will commit two illegal acts in downtown Manchester.  I'll perform a wholesome puppet show for profit without a license, violating state law RSA 286:1.   And I'll hire a homeless person (if any are available) to stand next to me with a collections cup.  I'll pay her $6.00 an hour.  This will violate RSA 279, the new statute which mandates a $6.50 minimum wage.

I'm protesting New Hampshire politicians' perverse enthusiasm for passing, and maintaining, unneeded laws...five million words of state laws at last count.  And I'm checking to see how much stomach the authorities have for using force to impose these laws.
Cool
What would be your choice of titles for the article in the paper or event name? Outlaw Puppeteer 3

I don't know if we will be there.

Russell Kanning

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/115

current article ... let me know if it needs to changed or added to.

Dave Ridley

Sent to Concord feds, asst u.s. attny.

USANH.Webmail@usdoj.gov

For Arnold Huftalen:  Civil dis of possible DOJ interest

----

Dear Arnold:

I don't know if you remember me or not, but you helped put me in jail last year for distributing respectfully-worded leaflets in the Nashua IRS lobby.  Though I disapprove of many things you do, I appreciated your polite and professional approach to the bizarre task assigned you.

On Sunday, May 25, 2008, I and perhaps others will commit three new "illegal" acts in downtown Manchester.  Though we are mainly protesting state statutes, one of the acts may violate Federal law.  I will commit it regardless.

First, I'll perform a for-profit puppet show without a license, breaching state law.  I or others will place tap water into carefully sterilized milk containers, offering it to any destitute who want it.  This violates state law as well.  Lastly, and of potential interest to you, I'll hire a homeless person (if any are available) to stand next to me with a collections cup for the puppet show.  I'll pay her $6.00 an hour.  This will violate the state's minimum wage mandates.  But hopefully it will violate unjust Federal law as well.   Although the working environment will be safe, I will not attempt to follow OSHA regulations, and I will not report anyone's earnings to the Internal Robbery Squadron.

We're doing this, Arnold, to make life better for everyone in New Hampshire, including you. We're protesting NH politicians' perverse enthusiasm for passing, and preserving, unneeded laws...five million words of state laws at last count.  Those politicians are getting letters similar to this one.  But felt I should inform you too, as a courtesy.  Though frightening, it is always a great honor to be attacked by such a mighty and harmful institution as yours.

If in fact I am in violation of Federal law, and if you really are just an officer of law, you should send enforcers to seize me and prevent us from aiding, however slightly, the people of the street in this manner.   But if you are public servants with free will and conscience, you will confine your attention to the day's fraud and violence cases, knowing it is your moral duty to punish *only* aggressors and thieves.

When you placed me in your dungeon on the "Distribution of Handbills" charge, your jailers said that was exactly how they felt.  They wanted to cage only bad guys. So we know there is hope, even for your bloated and corrupted institution.

We'll begin around 4:00 p.m. at Manchester's Veteran's Park.  Events of this type will continue until I am arrested or have amassed a thousand dollars in constructive, illegal profits.   Because I am a war tax resister, I will not surrender any of these profits to the torture-funding IRS.

Again...this is a civil disobedience campaign focused on reducing the number of state laws.  Federal violations are likely to be incidental.  I was impressed by your institution's apparent decision not to jail Kat Kanning or Lauren Canrio over their IRS sit-ins.  That step in the right direction made me want to leave you be.   But Federal laws are hard to understand and hard to completely follow during a peaceful noncooperation campaign.   So from time to time you may hear from me; I'll plan to inform you or the relevant Washington bureaucracies whenever I expect to violate U.S. law as part of this endeavor.

Yours with best wishes,

Dave Ridley
Outlaw Leafletter #2
(contact info)

The Revolution is now televised
http://ridleyreport.com

Dave Ridley

thanks russell!  looks good!
sent similar notes to MPD, Manch city hall and the NH AG's office

also my play will be a new one:

"The Night Mike Fisher Spent in Jail"

Kat Kanning

I was thinking I'd drive to Manchester from Keene for this on Sunday, so we may have extra space for someone to tag along.  It's only going to be $1 for the ride.  :)

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 22, 2008, 05:34 AM NHFT
I was thinking I'd drive to Manchester from Keene for this on Sunday, so we may have extra space for someone to tag along.  It's only going to be $1 for the ride.  :)

That's a steal considering the price of gas right now. The extra weight in your car will probably cost you more than that in gas. =\

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 19, 2008, 03:23 PM NHFT
is no one willing to step forward and break a third law? Will I have to do it myself?

I was planning on doing the milk-container one, if I'm there—but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be there or be there when it starts, so I hadn't said anything yet.

Kat Kanning