• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Government's plan to claim ownership of every newborn's DNA

Started by Raineyrocks, April 05, 2008, 05:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ReverendRyan

Quote from: kola on April 07, 2008, 04:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: ReverendRyan on April 07, 2008, 04:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on April 07, 2008, 03:53 PM NHFT
Ryan, are you going to accept the truth regarding Quackdoc Barretts REAL life and history?

Credible evidence, please? Since you refused to give it on the proper thread where I asked for it last, you fucking troll

It is my belief that people can learn to disagree and still be friends.

as far as dr quack barrett, he is far from "credible evidence". if you would do a search you would find these things but you choose not to...and even if i present it, you will disregard it anyways won't you?

I find you quite puzzling (not to mantion "angry at the world") as you continue to ask for "valid science" and "accurate data" and "peer review studies" yet you bank on info from some halfassed doc who couldnt make the grade.

Kola   

Nice ad hominem, but your straw man needs work. Now put up or shut up.

kola

Barrett is a puppet, a stooge playing for the AMA and the medical corporate boys.

http://www.quackpotwatch.org/

kola

.....After his latest victory, Mr. Negrete had much to say:

"Stephen Barrett is part of a group of intolerant individuals that have labeled chiropractic as 'Quackery.' Even though they purport to be 'experts,' they generally have no training or even understanding of chiropractic. Ultimately, there is a danger that the 'big lie' that they spread could potentially be misinterpreted by the consumer and those that could benefit from treatment. Barrett is, perhaps, the most visible nemesis of chiropractic in this country. He is media savvy and has been regarded as the voice of anti-chiropractic advocacy.

"Dr. Koren, I am proud to say, had the courage and vision to stand up to Barrett and published revelations about this so called 'expert.' Dr. Koren published the little-known fact that Barrett, even though boasting he was a 'medical expert,' did not have a medical license himself since the early 1990s. This is something that infuriated Barrett to the point that he filed this meritless libel lawsuit against Dr. Koren, I believe to silence him and get money. Fortunately for all of his colleagues, Dr. Koren persevered and decided not to back down and took the case to trial.

"Indeed, in going to trial, Dr. Koren was able to de-bunk the de-bunker. At trial, while on the stand, Barrett had to admit that he not only gave up his license in 1994, but that he was, in fact, not a board-certified psychiatrist, because he had flunked the examination that was required to receive certification. More significantly, under intense cross-examination, Barrett admitted that he did not pass the neurological portion of the exam.
(kola note: smart guy huh? ROF:)

"Barrett has filed countless cases around the country against complementary health care professionals or supplement companies. Barrett admitted at trial that he has sued 'approximately' 40 people for libel alone. He has sued so many people that he could not even remember or testify as to how many he sued. Many of these never got to trial or were dismissed. Some of those cases unfortunately resulted in settlements by insurance companies and people that believed that it was "cheaper" to just pay someone off, rather that stand up to convictions. That is unfortunate and presumably inspired the continued filing of frivolous lawsuits. I have been blessed by having clients that believed in what they said or did and took 'no settlement' positions and, instead, stood their ground to fight the menace. I am pleased to disclose that our firm has not settled any case with Barrett or his affiliate entities. We take no prisoners when our clients are attacked.

"Frankly, I am not certain who the supporters of the so-called Quackbusters are comprised of, but they seem to me to be just skinheads with stethoscopes around their necks. They are distinguished by the narrow and simple-minded intolerance of chiropractic. Chiropractors have brought no harm to them, why then do they feel it is so important to minimize the benefits of an entire, well-established healing art? These people have, for years, threatened, intimidated and harassed anyone that is not obedient and accepting of their banter. Finally, there has been a loud voice to silence their bullying tactics. All chiropractors can take in a breath of fresh air."
http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/23/25/18.html

kola

you left all this out Ryan:

Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch Exposed In Court Cases
At trial, under a heated cross-examination by Negrete, Barrett conceded that he was not a Medical Board Certified psychiatrist because he had failed the certification exam.

Kola note: ROFL!  :D

This was a major revelation since Barrett had provided supposed expert testimony as a psychiatrist and had testified in numerous court cases. Barrett also had said that he was a legal expert even though he had no formal legal training. (kola note. hes an expert bullshitter!)...

The most damning testimony before the jury, under the intense cross-examination by Negrete, was that Barrett had filed similar defamation lawsuits against almost 40 people across the country within the past few years and had not won one single one at trial.

During the course of his examination, Barrett also had to concede his ties to the AMA, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA). http://www.canlyme.com/quackwatch.html
--------------------------

C'mon Ryan..it appears you overlooked this?..or were you just not accepting it?

kola

tell me when to stop, ryan

btw..these FACTS came up on the first page of a google.

you must be lazy.

Kola  :)

ReverendRyan

WTF did I just say about primary sources? I'm not going to waste my time weeding through pages of vitriol to try and find out if any of the shit they say has any basis in reality, as they are careful not to cite any primary sources themselves.

And once again, you're trying to show me apologetics, not news.

kola

These are court cases Ryan. Look em up. This is news, facts, the truth.

You want the transcripts?  ;D

Raineyrocks

Caleb and Kola,

I hope your not mad at me but I did think ReverendRyan's response to the stuff having to do with my posts was pretty fair.  Otherwise I'm confused between your disagreements with each other.

If it's about the way the govt. wants a DNA database that is very true and Kola is right, there is plenty of info about it on the net that's why I posted this thread in the first place.

I hope everyone works everything out okay! :)

ReverendRyan

Quote from: kola on April 07, 2008, 04:35 PM NHFT

Sure.

kola

guys like Ryan and Braddog and joeshark have this regurgitation mentality and here is where they got it from: (this is classic).

Organized Stupidity is the Hallmark of the Quackbuster Conspiracy...

Barrett, and his vacuous minions, like to spout off other stupid "rules" that they think should apply to health care - the application of which, has to make the scientific community shudder.

One of the other totally BRAINLESS statements Barrett, and his parrotts, like to to screech out is "It hasn't been double-blind studied!!"

The "double-blind study" is one of about 45 different kinds of scientific studies used, and approved for use, within the scientific community.  It was designed for, and  is usually restricted to, testing new dangerous drugs for the claims drug companies wish to make about their new laboratory produced products.  Generally, in this type of study, you give half of the group the new pill, and the other half gets a sugar pill that looks just like the original. This type of study simply does not apply to new research. Never has, neverwill............http://www.quackpotwatch.org/quackpots/quackpots/barrett.htm

kola

Quote from: ReverendRyan on April 07, 2008, 04:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on April 07, 2008, 04:35 PM NHFT

Sure.

Here ya go, contact the lawyer:

LAW OFFICES OF CARLOS F. NEGRETE, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675,  Phone:   949.493.8115,            Fax: 949.493.8170, email:    mediarelations@healthfreedomlaw.com, mediarelations@negretelaw.com,                   URL:    www.healthfreedomlaw.com,  www.negretelaw.com     

OTOH, Barrett is sue happy, yet he loses mostly all his cases. Hes a stooge. Dont you think he would attempt to sue the people in the posted articles for libel? A little common sense goes a long way.   

Did you have a rough childhood Ryan?

Kola         

Caleb

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 07, 2008, 04:42 PM NHFT
Caleb and Kola,

I hope your not mad at me but I did think ReverendRyan's response to the stuff having to do with my posts was pretty fair.  Otherwise I'm confused between your disagreements with each other.

If it's about the way the govt. wants a DNA database that is very true and Kola is right, there is plenty of info about it on the net that's why I posted this thread in the first place.

Why would I be mad at you Rainey?

I'm not mad at Ryan. I see it as sad. I don't know Ryan in person, but I DO know Braddog and I like him as a person, and to me, his situation is sad too. What's happening is a cultural phenomenon. It's not an accident. The leaders of this "new atheism" movement target intelligent young people and attempt to intellectually intimidate them into intellectual and spiritual constraints. They take advantage of people's desire to fit in and feel legitimate to hold them to a certain bar of beliefs, and if you don't fit it, then you get ridiculed. So people who know they are intelligent feel almost forced to believe certain things in order to validate their own intelligence. "I don't believe in things that don't exist" becomes a mantra to stifle creativity and to enforce conformity; that sort of spirit is the exact antithesis of everything that science can, and should, stand for. The psychological fruit of this is ultimate despair. But for the "new atheists" who are pushing this agenda, it is a necessary outcome of their war on man's spiritual impulse. Rather than take on close-minded religion by presenting wholesome alternatives, these men decide to throw out the baby with the bathwater and declare war on the spiritual impulse itself, and who cares if we are raising a whole new generation of intelligent young men and women who are also steeped in hopelessness? It's the price we must pay. And the victims of that agenda are young men like Ryan and Brad. So no, I'm not mad at them. When they're ready, I'll show them a better way, but I think that to be ready they're going to have to fully experience the despair that is the natural result of what has been pushed on them, sadly.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Caleb on April 07, 2008, 05:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 07, 2008, 04:42 PM NHFT
Caleb and Kola,

Why would I be mad at you Rainey?

I'm not mad at Ryan. I see it as sad. I don't know Ryan in person, but I DO know Braddog and I like him as a person, and to me, his situation is sad too. What's happening is a cultural phenomenon. It's not an accident. The leaders of this "new atheism" movement target intelligent young people and attempt to intellectually intimidate them into intellectual and spiritual constraints. They take advantage of people's desire to fit in and feel legitimate to hold them to a certain bar of beliefs, and if you don't fit it, then you get ridiculed. So people who know they are intelligent feel almost forced to believe certain things in order to validate their own intelligence. "I don't believe in things that don't exist" becomes a mantra to stifle creativity and to enforce conformity; that sort of spirit is the exact antithesis of everything that science can, and should, stand for. The psychological fruit of this is ultimate despair. But for the "new atheists" who are pushing this agenda, it is a necessary outcome of their war on man's spiritual impulse. Rather than take on close-minded religion by presenting wholesome alternatives, these men decide to throw out the baby with the bathwater and declare war on the spiritual impulse itself, and who cares if we are raising a whole new generation of intelligent young men and women who are also steeped in hopelessness? It's the price we must pay. And the victims of that agenda are young men like Ryan and Brad. So no, I'm not mad at them. When they're ready, I'll show them a better way, but I think that to be ready they're going to have to fully experience the despair that is the natural result of what has been pushed on them, sadly.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Good I'm glad your not mad at me and I'm sorry for writing that you were mad at Ryan, actually I should have understood that you were just expressing your view points and knowledge. :D

I found a great post on how to explain the "how do I know God exists when I can't see him" and stuff like that.  You may have already written about it on here a long time ago when that thread was going on and on.  I will find it now and post it just in case you didn't and maybe it can help people to understand.  Be back in a jiffy as soon as I find it! :Bolt: