• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch

Started by FTL_Ian, April 06, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

A low cost do it yourself method of identifying ourselves and out intents, is to take large T shirts, (so it can fit over coats) and a glitter glue and write Cop Watch on the front and back. 

Puke

Quote from: David on April 09, 2008, 01:41 PM NHFT
A low cost do it yourself method of identifying ourselves and out intents, is to take large T shirts, (so it can fit over coats) and a glitter glue and write Cop Watch on the front and back. 

That's where the reflective vests idea came from. Amazon

FTL_Ian

Wow..that's damn cheap.  Now, which to choose?

Puke

The easiest way I could think of marking "cop watch" on them would be to use industrial letter stickers or interlocking brass stencils and some spray paint.

Both of which I can't find online. I'm sure Home Depot has them though.

FTL_Ian

Nice.  Julia and I will need one each.  I need to find out the sizing details...

Kat Kanning

If you want to see a lot of cops in action, station yourselves next to Dunkin Donuts.

FTL_Ian

From the Amazon dealer:

Chest size for Medium = 38-40"
Chest size for Large    = 42-44"

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 06, 2008, 08:41 PM NHFT
Yes indeed, Zaphar!  I have a scanner to donate.

We may have to re-gift it back to you.  It works great at what it does, but unfortunately it does not do APCO-25, which is what Keene police are using.   :-[

Cheshire County Sheriff is still using analog, so it picks them up just fine.  Turns out that's who we were monitoring on Saturday night, Zaphar.

APCO-25 capable scanners are quite pricey, $400+.   :'(

Coconut

The other thread is gone.

I just wanted to say I spoke quickly with officer Eli Rivera tonight and asked him what he thought of CopWatch. He told me the standard "It's fine so long as nobody is interfering" but added that if anything did happen, they could legally seize our cameras as evidence and call us to court as witnesses.

FTL_Ian

What happened to the other thread?

Coconut

We were out again tonight. Talked to one cop twice, and I've attached the recording of those conversations. He was just asking about how late we'd be out and how much gets posted to the internet.

We also watched two underage (18) guys get busted on Marlborough Street (corner of Adams). One was written a $360 ticket, and the other was taken to the station for his lack of ID on him, meaning they couldn't write an accurate ticket. This is why we need more Main Street cops: to protect us from people drinking beer on the sidewalk... The two guys were first questioned by a bike cop downtown. Later, the bike cop saw Tim standing outside his cruiser listening to the radio and goes "So that's how you know where we are. I was wondering how you got to Adams Street so quickly." Truth was, and I told him this, I just found the Adams street incident by chance while taking a look up on Marlborough Street, but he didn't believe me.

David

They prolly do not realize just how bright those flashing lights are at night.  I can see the light bouncing off of anything remotely reflective, whole houses even. 

Coconut

Quote from: David on June 21, 2008, 08:30 PM NHFT
They prolly do not realize just how bright those flashing lights are at night.  I can see the light bouncing off of anything remotely reflective, whole houses even. 

Good point. But they didn't have their lights on for that incident.

Kat Kanning