• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch

Started by FTL_Ian, April 06, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Tampa Bay is in the world series? 

AnarchoJesse

KBCraig

AnarchoJesse

David

Quote from: dalebert on October 10, 2008, 08:36 AM NHFT
Wait, I'm confused. Is this the game where they throw the big round ball through a hoop or the one where they throw a smaller ball that's pointy on both ends?

Quote from: shyfrog on October 10, 2008, 08:39 AM NHFT
Touchdown!!!

Hey hey, I said I dont' follow baseball, not that i don't know how to play the game.  Geez guys, give me some credit.   :icon_pirat:

FTL_Ian

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on October 10, 2008, 09:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 10, 2008, 09:04 AM NHFT
Tampa Bay is in the world series? 

Yep.

Not that I really give a damn.  I used to board op their baseball games down in FL.  They used to blow chunks, from what I understand.

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 10, 2008, 11:59 AM NHFT
Not that I really give a damn.  I used to board op their baseball games down in FL.  They used to blow chunks, from what I understand.

Yes. Every single other year except they've caught lightining in a bottle this year.

error

Quote from: dalebert on October 10, 2008, 08:36 AM NHFT
Wait, I'm confused. Is this the game where they throw the big round ball through a hoop or the one where they throw a smaller ball that's pointy on both ends?

No, this is the game where the players spend half the time running around and the other half fondling their balls.

David

Quote from: Coconut on October 08, 2008, 09:26 AM NHFT
Is anyone interested in going to the Keene State riot if the Sox are able to make it to the World Series? Usually a lot of cops with pepper spray lining main street.
Don't know if you are serious, but groups can be unpredictable.  In real riots quite a bit of private property can be destroyed.  Be careful around mobs, no matter what the situation.   :-\

FTL_Ian

Agreed.  We had bad experience around college drunks on one particular copwatch.  They tend to get very upset about you shooting video of the cops.  The world series drunks may be even worse than that night.

Coconut

Quote from: David on October 11, 2008, 10:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on October 08, 2008, 09:26 AM NHFT
Is anyone interested in going to the Keene State riot if the Sox are able to make it to the World Series? Usually a lot of cops with pepper spray lining main street.
Don't know if you are serious, but groups can be unpredictable.  In real riots quite a bit of private property can be destroyed.  Be careful around mobs, no matter what the situation.   :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpcWhiZBd0I

Yes, it will be serious. I'm interested in the experience, and hopefully observing from afar. I would admit that police probably do more good than bad during something like that, but the reason students have no respect for rules is the police's constant infringement on their private parties.

David

I routinely copwatch without the cameras.  Cameras are very important, and I would suggest you carry them, but not use them unless something seems out of order, violent, etc.  I will try to blend in with others watching, even converse with them.  If anyone asks, I just say I am observing, and that cops behave better when watched.  On occasion I find sympathetic people, and I try to get them to freekeene.com   :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: David on October 13, 2008, 08:29 PM NHFT
I routinely copwatch without the cameras.  Cameras are very important, and I would suggest you carry them, but not use them unless something seems out of order, violent, etc.  I will try to blend in with others watching, even converse with them.  If anyone asks, I just say I am observing, and that cops behave better when watched.  On occasion I find sympathetic people, and I try to get them to freekeene.com   :)

This is a good tactic.   :)

Coconut

Quote from: David on October 09, 2008, 11:04 PM NHFT
Uhm,  :blush:  about when is this?  Not a big baseball fan. 

We now know that if this happens, it will be Sunday night. Probably after 11pm. Sox have to win 2 straight, on Saturday and Sunday.

Coconut