• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Employment Summer '09

Started by MichaelMcNeil, April 09, 2008, 03:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelMcNeil

Hi, my name is Michael.  This is my first time to post here.  I found the Free State Project originally a long time ago and signed up as a reporter, and after finding Free Talk Live through Stefan Molyneux's Freedomain Radio, I signed up as a pledged member.  I won't be ready to move by 2009, because I'll still have a bit of my bachelor to complete, but I would be very interested in driving up to scope out the area.  I'm working on getting a trip planned for late this summer with some friends, just to get aquainted with the area, but by the summer of 2009, I'd like to work up with you guys for a summer.  If anyone has any kind of entrepreneurial ideas brewing for that period of time, or has a pre-existing business that might need employees, let's switch contact info.  I'm also curious what y'all know about the tech industry (I know, big surprise, a libertarian tech guy).

I can send you a full resume upon request, but I'm working on a degree in computer science (after JUST having changed from English/Psychology).  I also got accepted to the UT Austin School of Music, but I'm not planning to actually go.  I'm particularly interested in the Free Town Project (in Grafton, right?), but I'd be glad to get into New Hampshire however I can.

Thanks a lot, and I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong forum.

-Michael

Tom Sawyer

Welcome to the underground.  :)

Beth221

Jim Johnson

Welcome Michael.  :)

Let someone here know when you are coming.  Meet and Greets are always fun.

J’raxis 270145

Welcome! ;D

If you're thinking of coming up this summer, why not check out PorcFest? And if you think you can get here by 2011, sign the Next 1000 pledge.

PattyLee loves dogs

QuoteI'm working on a degree in computer science (after JUST having changed from English/Psychology).

Excellent decision.

QuoteI'm particularly interested in the Free Town Project (in Grafton, right?), but I'd be glad to get into New Hampshire however I can.

I'm typing this in Grafton. To live in Grafton you could work in Lebanon, or West Lebanon, or Hanover (i.e. Dartmouth). Or you could telecommute, which might work with your CS degree. This may be too restrictive a choice of employment, especially as we go into recession. Southern NH has a lot more variety.

Feel free to drop by Grafton on your trip. Come in the winter and we'll take you up Cardigan Mountain for kiteflying  ;D