• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christiania-a free town

Started by David, April 11, 2008, 12:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

QuoteI don't have money for land.  As much as I want to, I cannot do this stuff alone.  I have always viewed a porchouse or the house project as a way to get this started, but I am unable to do it myself.  I can only afford about 500 bucks in rent/mortgage max.  If I had a partner with similar goals, we could join in to buy land by pooling resources etc. 
That to me is the most important part, just getting started.  Once we get started, we can have a place for new members to easily join, or even visit to get a feel for the project.  We can expand later, or even move to some land on the outskirts of Keene to start something that has the potentual to expand even more. 

beangroup.com has a great property search.  It may be a good idea to start looking around and get a feel for the market, if you haven't yet.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 15, 2008, 09:51 PM NHFT
Only because all their rules must be something you agree with.
I guess ... or it didn't sound like they would go hardcore on you if you stepped over the line.

mackler

I like the no-cars rule. 

"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are."
--Repo Man

David

I am uncertain of their reasons for the no car rule, but by phisically blocking the roads they have been able to reduce police interference. 

mackler

Quote from: David on July 07, 2008, 08:35 PM NHFT
I am uncertain of their reasons for the no car rule, but by phisically blocking the roads they have been able to reduce police interference. 

Throughout history, Venice was never conquered because there was no way for troops to march in.

David

Interesting, I did not know that.  I'm not interested in any violent resistance, but any way to complicate their enforcement efforts is good.  Maybe our free town on a lake?  Safer than the ocean.   ;)

Russell Kanning

If the FSP had chosen MT or WY I was thinking living on a houseboat on a reservoir would be good to avoid property taxes and control. :)

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 09, 2008, 02:23 PM NHFT
If the FSP had chosen MT or WY I was thinking living on a houseboat on a reservoir would be good to avoid property taxes and control. :)
That is an even better idea.  The key to successful, or potential successful resistance, is to make it hard to enforce their laws.  A houseboat is hard to tow away, they cannot destroy it, (pollution), and is not desireable to everyone.  It worked for the Aztecs.  So much so, they became the regional evil empire for a while.