• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

40 NASA Workers on Same Floor Diagnosed with Cancer

Started by Raineyrocks, April 12, 2008, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyLee loves dogs

QuoteI read somewhere that Switzerland has a lot of underground bunkers for their citizens

The Swiss own their own bunkers. Every house, every business, every school built since 1960 has a bunker with a filtered air supply as the "basement". They announced in 1992 that they had enough shelter space for everyone. They did this at a cost of 35 1992 dollars per capita per year.

Switzerland hasn't been invaded since the Napoleonic Wars. Yet no one studies their system, no one emulates them... it doesn't benefit any political faction to eliminate wars. (Except ours, of course  ;D)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: telomerase on April 16, 2008, 09:44 AM NHFT
QuoteI read somewhere that Switzerland has a lot of underground bunkers for their citizens

The Swiss own their own bunkers. Every house, every business, every school built since 1960 has a bunker with a filtered air supply as the "basement". They announced in 1992 that they had enough shelter space for everyone. They did this at a cost of 35 1992 dollars per capita per year.

Switzerland hasn't been invaded since the Napoleonic Wars. Yet no one studies their system, no one emulates them... it doesn't benefit any political faction to eliminate wars. (Except ours, of course  ;D)

Wow, that's interesting so it's actually better than what I thought.  Thanks for the info! :)   I don't think anyone wants to study their system, c'mon where would all the suffering and tragedy go?  I swear most govts. seem to feed off of this evil crap and view us as nothing but pawns in their game.  I want to move to Switzerland now! ;D

PattyLee loves dogs

QuoteI want to move to Switzerland now!

Don't get carried away. Memes always trump reality; most of the Swiss want to dump their system and become like the other E-trash. The only reason the Swiss are still somewhat Swiss is that their electoral system is unfair and overweights the votes of rural districts (you might think of them as "Graftonberg" types).

What we need to do is move the Swiss ideas here... that's what the Founders did with the Articles of Confederation.