• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The "Feel Good About Taxes" Thread

Started by Zenman, April 13, 2008, 06:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenman

Please post here any and all encouraging ideas to help Zenman feel good about sending in this good-sized chunk of cash which it mostly seems will be used to pay for yet more things of which Zenman doesn't approve (or is for the most part totally against), or to a great degree, used to pay for ways to further intrude upon Zenman's life and business.

Thanks in advance.

Caleb

Hmmmm. That's a tough one. There's the fact that you are now less likely to be harassed and thrown in a cage by a gigantic imperial police state.  :)

I suppose that there's also the benefit that you'll probably be getting a few hundred bucks in the mail in a few weeks.  :) In addition to the refund for the extra amount that they didn't intend to steal from you but did. [edited: wait, I guess since you're sending in money, you won't be getting a refund....but you still get a chunk of money that Bush will send to you, that he so courageously borrowed from future generations. We've been coddling our grandchildren for far too long. We've only saddled them with 70 trillion dollars worth of debt. It's time they get off their high horse and fund our current extravagancies.]

Oh and then there's the benefit of knowing that you'll be getting the last laugh. Yes, you may have payed thousands of dollars, but give it a few years and those thousands of dollars will really only be worth a few pennies in today's dollars after the economy completely collapses due to their mismanagement (or overmanagement, if you prefer.)

Hope this helps.  ;D

Zenman

Thanks, Caeb. I feel much better now... especially that I am not one of my grandkids, were I to have any. I suppose that I really should have some someday so that I will have contributed my fair and sufficient share of future tax payers to the system.

Anymore uplifting thoughts, anyone?

kola

QuoteZenman said: Please post here any and all encouraging ideas to help Zenman feel good about sending in this good-sized chunk ......

Wow! is there another person with the same name as you?

Anyway... I hope Kola gets over his sorethroat. Kola doesn't like being sick.

signed,
Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Zenman on April 13, 2008, 08:30 PM NHFT
Thanks, Caeb. I feel much better now... especially that I am not one of my grandkids, were I to have any. I suppose that I really should have some someday so that I will have contributed my fair and sufficient share of future tax payers to the system.

Anymore uplifting thoughts, anyone?

You have a full three hundred and sixty-four days until they shake you down again.

Zenman

>>>You have a full three hundred and sixty-four days until they shake you down again.

Yes, there is that aspect. It's such a relief to get the damned thing done and stuffed and sent, and to not have to worry about it for another year, that it almost makes it all seem worth while. Kinda like hitting your foot with a balpeen hammer because it feels so good to stop.

I remember that I particularly enjoyed finishing up the capital gains worksheet (what sadistic scumbag jerk came up with that convoluted piece of garbage?). It must be very similar to having someone stop striking you in the groin.

firecracker joe

makes me think of the inner city kids  or in prison where the biggest people extort the weakest guess we know which one you are. but if we all stop they cant put us all in jail and if they do dont work for them and trust me guards are lazy they think the bad inmates should be cooking and cleaning for the ones who refuse to like me.
people have already stoppped some vocal some not but you would not be first. firecacdr joe

Puke

Why should you feel good about them?
You should be mad about having your money stolen. You wouldn't try to feel good about getting mugged would you?
If you try to feel good about taxation theft then at some point you might support taxation theft.

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on April 14, 2008, 05:20 AM NHFT
Why should you feel good about them?
You should be mad about having your money stolen. You wouldn't try to feel good about getting mugged would you?
If you try to feel good about taxation theft then at some point you might support taxation theft.

Joke, Puke. Joke.  8)

porcupine kate

I'm sitting here procrastinating on doing my taxes.  Every year it makes me so angry when I see all the money they have taken from me.  The only reason I file is to get some of it returned to me.  The salt in the wound comes when I finish the federal taxes and sit down and do the state taxes.  This is the last year (I hope) I have to file state taxes. 

The capital gains drives me up the wall too.  What a bunch of crap.  Not only do they tax you on the money you earn but they punish you for saving and investing it as well.  All of this so the government can bankrupt the people of this country by saying they will provide for our old age because we don't save enough.

John Edward Mercier

Time to be really depressing.

Social Security is the payroll tax; your filing the income tax. Social Security has a $200 billion surplus this year. So what your 'handing over' is money used mostly unwisely to go with the $200 billion and credit, they are currently wasting.

PattyLee loves dogs

Good things about tax, good things about tax, lessee....

There is one thing. At least when they take your imaginary dollars directly from you instead of just printing more, they don't change the total number of dollars and cause inflationary malinvestment (in addition to the direct malinvestment of them "investing" the money in foreign dictators, instead of you foolishly wasting it on life-enriching activities or business development).

The bad news is that they always inflate as much as they think they can get away with in addition to taxing you... and the worse news is that they aren't very smart about how much they can get away with. Zimbabwe here we come.

Puke

John Edward Mercier

They don't actually send dollars to the dictators... they send military hardware.
Its like NASA. We don't send dollars into space, we send hardware. The dollars go to corporations that produce the hardware.

The Military-Industrial Complex will be nearly impossible to separate from the government. The second you try everyone screams about the jobs they provide. I know some of the companies in NH have significant ties to military contracts, and Kittery Naval Shipyard... that's a hot button.

dalebert

If I can get the damned thing done, there will be a special tax day cartoon up tomorrow. Maybe you'll be able to get a little laugh out of tax day at least.