• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Off topic - cop disccussion

Started by kola, May 05, 2008, 03:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

highline

Quote from: MGMAN on May 06, 2008, 02:25 PM NHFT
This chief was NOT arrested and the explanation by the Chief of OUR police actually made sense! The Police don't arrest for simple shoplifting, the store makes a citizens arrest and holds you till a Cop comes takes down the information and issues a summons for the shoplifter to come to court to face a Judge. My main point is the Town Officials in Seneca are buying his excuse and are not taking any action against him. If a common person was charged with this they would be guilty and this "heart attack" thing would not be believed. This man is on medical leave I agree with that, but come on you don't remember driving OVER 30 MILES and go directly to a walmart find your way to the electronics area, and then walk away with a new camera, a camera thats suppose to be under lock and key! I don't buy it and because he is a Cop he is being believed when most of us would not be. This has the very real apperance of a double standard and is the thing I have been railing against now for years.

Sadly there are people with a compulsion to shoplift.  I recall reading that within the last ten years a Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts judge was caught ripping something off from the mall.

She was locked up, if I recall correctly.

kola

Quote from: kola on May 05, 2008, 03:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: MGMAN on May 05, 2008, 01:19 AM NHFT
My name is Mike I go by the nick MGMAN in the cop watch website, this is my first post on this board. I do not dislike Cops; I also do not refer to Cops as pigs or swine. I also do not group all Cops into 1 group and say that ALL are bad. HOWEVER I see Cops who abuse their First Responder status in their daily patrols and see the negative attitude many Cops have for the general public. I have seen peoples faces busted from Cop beatings and I have seen examples of stuff like what happened in NYC when those 3 Cops KILLED that man and got by with it because of a bad Judge. I get tired of reading and hearing Cops try to sweep this crap under the rug by saying it's just a small percentage of Cops that do it. If you wear a badge and you look the other way when another Cop violates someone's rights or harms them, and you DO NOT do anything about it as most do, you have violated your oath and have in my opinion committed a crime. Till Cops do something about that thin blue line the public are at risk, its that simple. So as I have said many many times you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem, there is NO middle ground.

I posted this in the Copwatch website a while back, I think its fitting here too.

I am not real good at explaining my meaning sometimes and I fear this post will be misunderstood, but I think if I can get my point across maybe my feelings about Cops can be better understood.

Ethics
1plural but sing or plural in constr : the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation
2 a: a set of moral principles : a theory or system of moral values <the present-day materialistic ethic> <an old-fashioned work ethic> —often used in plural but singular or plural in construction <an elaborate ethics><Christian ethics> bplural but sing or plural in constr : the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group <professional ethics> c: a guiding philosophy d: a consciousness of moral importance <forge a conservation ethic>
3plural : a set of moral issues or aspects (as rightness) <debated the ethics of human cloning>

Morality

1 a: a moral discourse, statement, or lesson b: a literary or other imaginative work teaching a moral lesson
2 a: a doctrine or system of moral conduct bplural : particular moral principles or rules of conduct
3: conformity to ideals of right human conduct
4: moral conduct : virtue

I posted these definitions because they have meaning in this debate. I saw an episode of NCIS a while back and a question was asked what is the difference between a ethical person and a moral person. The Answer was something like this. an Ethical man knows its wrong to cheat on his wife but does it anyway, and a moral man will NOT cheat on his wife.

I thought about this difference as it applies to most Cops. I have pondered this a lot over the last few days. I feel that a majority of Cops are ethical people, but remember what I said before this just means they know they are wrong when they violate someones rights or stand by when another officer does it. Because the general public can't tell the difference between ethical and moral they give Cops a pass, but fail to understand Cops on average ARE NOT MORAL.

Does a Cop who is beating someone bloody think they are right in doing so, or wrong? I think most Cops know this behaver is wrong, but because of the culture of Law Enforcement they just don't care, and because a Cop knows the difference said cop will begin to cover up this behaver, and start hiding behind statements like "well something has to be done to remove scum like this from our society". Cops hide in the ethics of Law Enforcement knowing full well the public will support them.

A moral Cop will not do this, and will not stand by and let it happen.

So I have a question for all you Cops that visit this forum.
Are you an ethical Cop or a Moral Cop?

Nice Mike.
I look forward to responses from both cops.

Kola

once again.   ;)
Kola